New David Model is looking pretty good!

878d0f2b32fb943758aaa460e6962b57.png

Glad they reworked all the models they all look great!

Comments

  • Unironically, looking at all of the models in detail, they're really not all that different. Some of them even use the same textures as before.

    I think people just got too used to how they used to look and automatically reject the changes, which I get.

    I just hate that David's Debt Collector hair is lit so much differently. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ Since it's a lighting issue, it'll probably never get changed.

  • Screenshot_9.png

    My favorite Jane head now makes her look like an addict.

  • I admit that I was deeply worried that they'd drastically change Meg, since the first preview that I recall seeing of her rework had her with what was essentially blond hair. I HATED that. Meg's my ginger girl, I was seriously concerned that they arbitrarily changed that for no reason. While I think that they did go overboard with puffing up the middle ponytail, making it look like she's wearing a little fuzzy hat, and while I'm sad that they covered the midriff of my favorite outfit (fortune teller) with dirt, I'm very happy that she wound up being more or less the same. Kate, too. She was beautiful perfection before the work and didn't need to be touched in my opinion. But while a lot of people (understandably) freaked out because they thought that the rework made her look like a clueless teenage bucktoothed chipmunk, I think that in-game she's essentially the same.

    ...Granted, this all means that the reworks were - in my opinion at least - an utterly pointless lateral move, but that also means that I don't hate them like I feared I would.


    @Hippie said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/25CBXF5K3G4M/screenshot-9.png

    My favorite Jane head now makes her look like an addict.

    GAH!!!

  • @Apollos said:

    Unironically, looking at all of the models in detail, they're really not all that different. Some of them even use the same textures as before.

    I think people just got too used to how they used to look and automatically reject the changes, which I get.

    I just hate that David's Debt Collector hair is lit so much differently. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ Since it's a lighting issue, it'll probably never get changed.

    It's human instinct to cling to the familiar. We develop a sense of familiarity and security with the faces that care for us as infants, and that's a biological trait that sticks with us the rest of our lives. When we're used to seeing something looking a certain way, especially a human face, we're thrown when it suddenly looks different.

  • I still think Kate looks worse than her original model. I saw tons of complaints about her. But, in typical BHVR fashion, they declared the reworks a success and ignored feedback.

  • Jake looks better I love his long hair cosmetics now

  • i like it too, very good now

  • @Hippie said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/25CBXF5K3G4M/screenshot-9.png

    My favorite Jane head now makes her look like an addict.

    Well that is defiently some disgusting eye makeup.

    Tf is that eyeliner wing and tf are those brows.

    Don't they have setting spray in the realm of the Entity?

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I admit that I was deeply worried that they'd drastically change Meg, since the first preview that I recall seeing of her rework had her with what was essentially blond hair. I HATED that. Meg's my ginger girl, I was seriously concerned that they arbitrarily changed that for no reason. While I think that they did go overboard with puffing up the middle ponytail, making it look like she's wearing a little fuzzy hat, and while I'm sad that they covered the midriff of my favorite outfit (fortune teller) with dirt, I'm very happy that she wound up being more or less the same. Kate, too. She was beautiful perfection before the work and didn't need to be touched in my opinion. But while a lot of people (understandably) freaked out because they thought that the rework made her look like a clueless teenage bucktoothed chipmunk, I think that in-game she's essentially the same.

    ...Granted, this all means that the reworks were - in my opinion at least - an utterly pointless lateral move, but that also means that I don't hate them like I feared I would.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2438150#Comment_2438150

    GAH!!!

    I basically feel the same. Everyone I play as looks more or less the same or better, but the changes to cosmetics are really dumb. I don't see why they couldn't brief us on that like they did the heads.

    @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2438041#Comment_2438041

    It's human instinct to cling to the familiar. We develop a sense of familiarity and security with the faces that care for us as infants, and that's a biological trait that sticks with us the rest of our lives. When we're used to seeing something looking a certain way, especially a human face, we're thrown when it suddenly looks different.

    Definitely. I can sympathize with that.

  • Idc he's still hot in that picture

    -6khvt8.jpg


  • For some reason I dislike the yui remodel most in the end.

    I actually find David's face better in some costumes than it was before. I also like the new meg and laurie. Nea.


    I thought I will hate Feng the most but she is actually fine with head cosmetics I use. Kate is also not as bad I thought she would be.

  • @Apollos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2438165#Comment_2438165

    I basically feel the same. Everyone I play as looks more or less the same or better, but the changes to cosmetics are really dumb. I don't see why they couldn't brief us on that like they did the heads.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2438167#Comment_2438167

    Definitely. I can sympathize with that.

    Are you referring to the new head cosmetics that I hear they just announced? If so I forgot about that, I haven't seen them yet. I know that some people said that certain head cosmetics were messed up after the character remodel so maybe they were just fixing those? Not sure.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2440100#Comment_2440100

    Are you referring to the new head cosmetics that I hear they just announced? If so I forgot about that, I haven't seen them yet. I know that some people said that certain head cosmetics were messed up after the character remodel so maybe they were just fixing those? Not sure.

    Nah, the old ones. David's Debt Collector head uses the same hair textures, but it's lit a lot differently so it doesn't look the same. Or the cheaper Claudette heads not having any makeup like they used to. I wish we could've seen a bit more of those changes instead of being blind-sighted by cosmetics we already liked using.

  • @Apollos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2440417#Comment_2440417

    Nah, the old ones. David's Debt Collector head uses the same hair textures, but it's lit a lot differently so it doesn't look the same. Or the cheaper Claudette heads not having any makeup like they used to. I wish we could've seen a bit more of those changes instead of being blind-sighted by cosmetics we already liked using.

    Interesting. I'll have to take a closer look once I play again, probably tomorrow.

  • He looks like a tool to me. I don't like much of the reworks tbh