Remove Keys for God's sake.

I was playing Demogorgon, trying to get the adept achievement. I had two kills so far, and I had only been playing for four minutes. The match was heavily in my favour thanks to some terrible plays from the survivors, and they needed a miracle from every god from every religion to even think about making a comeback.


I found the last two survivors together, both injured and in a deadzone. Easy merciless victory for me, I can almost taste the achievement. But these two were actually sitting on top of the hatch, with one of them holding a key.


They then teabbaged me like they outplayed me (even though they played like they got the game 10 minutes ago), clicked one button to escape, and then proceeded to call me some slurs in french in the endgame chat. 


Keys take skill out of the game and give bad survivors undeserved wins.


I've seen lots of people saying that if keys were to be removed, Moris should be too because they also take skill out of the game and give bad killers undeserved wins. Huh? You need to hook someone twice before you can Mori them, unlike keys, which guarantee immediate wins.


To use a key, you just press a button...

Comments

  • yeah I'm absolutely done with keys I'm backing out of every single lobby that has a key.


    if I see anyone who last second switches to key in the lobby they are getting tunneled out of the game.


    Keys don't promote a healthy game on both sides.

    I'm done with keys

  • There's only two ways to fix keys. Remove them from the game completely, or make it so hatch no longer spawns until only one survivor is left, no exceptions.

  • No. DBD doesn't remove stuff

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    No. DBD doesn't remove stuff

    Correction. They don't remove core gameplay elements.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    There's only two ways to fix keys. Remove them from the game completely, or make it so hatch no longer spawns until only one survivor is left, no exceptions.

    Or, the key takes 20s to open the hatch (with skill checks) and notifies the killer when you start too

  • @UncleStabby said:

    There's only two ways to fix keys. Remove them from the game completely, or make it so hatch no longer spawns until only one survivor is left, no exceptions.

    How about all 5 gens or one survivor left

  • @FreezeFrogel said:

    3 survivors jumped into a hatch because two of them had a skeleton key. Me as a survivor, I didn't bother to go in and I stood there and pointed to the hook so he can get a kill but instead he hit me, grabbed me and carried me to the hatch. Refused, of course, I crawled to the basement and the wraith shaked his head saying "no". After a minute, he closed the hatch and we stood in the basement dancing while he was banging his bell like Alistar from league of legends. After the timer ran out, it was time to say goodbye.

    Whoever you were, Wraith, you were a legend and I'll never forget you.

    ######### the survivors, PARTY HARD!

    So from this you guys did 5 gens?

  • I wish they just fixed hatch. Keys are whatever, the hatch mechanic is just so insanely exploitable.

  • hatch should not open instantly with no animations it's so stupid.


    and then survivors justify it with "well you have to find the hatch it's fair!"


    Who's going to find the hatch first 4 survivors on comms with 360 degree omni-directional cameras vs 1 killer with a locked fov in first person.

  • @FreezeFrogel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423542#Comment_2423542

    yup they all had 2 hook stage though and the wraith had noed so he had a chance to kill 1 or more but instead they all knew were the hatch was.

    I mean 1 pity kill by most killers standards is still a loss. Likely why he didn't care much for killing you and just memed it out.

  • No, because that still makes it so that more than one person can use a key to escape hatch.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423525#Comment_2423525

    No, because that still makes it so that more than one person can use a key to escape hatch.

    Yep. The hatch's purpose is literally to help the last person escape because opening the exit gates will most likely get them killed. Don't know what the hell was going on in the devs' brains when they thought that multiple people being able to escape through hatch was a good idea.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423525#Comment_2423525

    No, because that still makes it so that more than one person can use a key to escape hatch.

    But they did 5 gens, games practically over at that point anyway

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423604#Comment_2423604

    But they did 5 gens, games practically over at that point anyway

    Killers losing all the gens but ending up winning the game is extremely common, you know. Endgame perks such as NOED, Blood warden, etc... they can really turn a match around.

  • @ShakeyGames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423621#Comment_2423621

    Killers losing all the gens but ending up winning the game is extremely common, you know. Endgame perks such as NOED, Blood warden, etc... they can really turn a match around.

    They can but they are also an enormous gamble and rely on the survivors being cocky most of the time.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423628#Comment_2423628

    They can but they are also an enormous gamble and rely on the survivors being cocky most of the time.

    Now to kinda play into this what if survivors had to have the key equipped before readying up for a game, then no last minute key switching to cuck an endgame build and you'd have time to adjust

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423635#Comment_2423635

    Now to kinda play into this what if survivors had to have the key equipped before readying up for a game, then no last minute key switching to cuck an endgame build and you'd have time to adjust

    Last second switching is something that should be addressed and would do a lot to lessen the toxic stigma unfairly associated with keys.

  • I'm pretty sure they can't change that because of the achievement on Steam

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423644#Comment_2423644

    Last second switching is something that should be addressed and would do a lot to lessen the toxic stigma unfairly associated with keys.

    I dont think an unfair adjustment to keys would be they must be equipped before entering matchmaking. Then just make it so you can't switch to character with keys equipped or it just doesn't let you bring it in or something. Then people still can get their hatch achievements.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423681#Comment_2423681

    I dont think an unfair adjustment to keys would be they must be equipped before entering matchmaking. Then just make it so you can't switch to character with keys equipped or it just doesn't let you bring it in or something. Then people still can get their hatch achievements.

    Survivor just needs to be locked in at the 15s mark when it's too late for anyone to leave.

    Alternatively, locking in survivor choice and loadout before even hitting the lobby would also work.

    Either way, it would severely lessen the stereotypes associated with keys, flashlight/box squads, and clone squads.

    This is just my own perspective, but if I go into a random lobby and everyone switches to X item or the same survivor at the last second, I'm not going to play nice, as there's a preconceived vibe of toxicity/tryharding.

    If I went into a lobby and there were 4 Bunny Feng Min with flashlights and I knew they were locked into that or would be past a certain timer point (either or), I'd be way more inclined to play and probably have a laugh with the "Bunny Flash Mob."

  • I hate when you play solo survivor and someone brings a key because majority of the time you're trying to work on gens while they're looking for hatch. I've had it happen so many times where there's one gen left and I'm trying to do it and then boom, hatch is open somewhere.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423697#Comment_2423697

    Survivor just needs to be locked in at the 15s mark when it's too late for anyone to leave.

    Alternatively, locking in survivor choice and loadout before even hitting the lobby would also work.

    Either way, it would severely lessen the stereotypes associated with keys, flashlight/box squads, and clone squads.

    This is just my own perspective, but if I go into a random lobby and everyone switches to X item or the same survivor at the last second, I'm not going to play nice, as there's a preconceived vibe of toxicity/tryharding.

    If I went into a lobby and there were 4 Bunny Feng Min with flashlights and I knew they were locked into that or would be past a certain timer point (either or), I'd be way more inclined to play and probably have a laugh with the "Bunny Flash Mob."

    Lock it at 15 they will just do it at 15. Not enough time to fix your load out to prep ya know. I also don't think it should apply to every item. Personally don't care about survivors bringing keys but they seem to trigger people.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423750#Comment_2423750

    Lock it at 15 they will just do it at 15. Not enough time to fix your load out to prep ya know. I also don't think it should apply to every item. Personally don't care about survivors bringing keys but they seem to trigger people.

    If it was done for just keys, people would be up in arms until it was implemented for everything.

    Any fixes of this nature should be down in an all or nothing sweep.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423773#Comment_2423773

    If it was done for just keys, people would be up in arms until it was implemented for everything.

    Any fixes of this nature should be down in an all or nothing sweep.

    People are indecisive on items, shouldn't cuck everybody. Plus solo queue you don't know what your team is going to bring so if you see some toolboxes you might wanna throw on a medkit instead or something. Where people that wanna bring a key probably made that choice before every queuing up.

  • Keys are the only item that the killer community associates automatically with toxicity. Honestly 4 flashlights who cares probably means they are going to end up throwing.

  • Solution:

    • use Franklin's. Everytime, everywhere. (doesn't for for Adepts obviously)
    • implement an opening animation that takes f.e. 5-10s
    • 1 key = one person out. No more, no less. therefore: 2 people = 2 keys etc.