Wraith players

What's with this sudden influx of Wraiths as a killer? Especially hook camping ones?

Comments

  • He's a lot more powerful than he used to be, and requires basically no skill.

    As for hook camping, the players seem to think they're clever by hiding nearby while invisible.

  • Old freddy players coming back to play as wraith and do the same nauseating ######### like hook camping and tunneling.

  • I was so happy when Wraith got his invisibility changes...he so desperately needed it. Sad how the community's perception has flipped on him so fast, but I can't say it's entirely unwarranted.

    I've never really liked Silent Bell, I think it requires you to concentrate too much. Generators are boring enough as it is, I'd like to not be on edge for 80 straight seconds.

  • Ok. I can understand that he got buffed recently, but could BHVR make his bell so that it doesn't sound like it was always being played right next to you when he really is chiming it on the other side of the map? You know? The farther it is, the more quiet it is? Doppler effect?

  • @scenekiller said:

    He's a lot more powerful than he used to be, and requires basically no skill.

    As for hook camping, the players seem to think they're clever by hiding nearby while invisible.

    Gatekeeping skill I see.

  • @scenekiller said:

    He's a lot more powerful than he used to be, and requires basically no skill.

    As for hook camping, the players seem to think they're clever by hiding nearby while invisible.

    Just because a killer is easier than others, doesn't mean they take zero skill.

  • The wall-seeing hack is a bit much but other than that, I can usually hear his pug noises a few seconds before he uncloaks and can still see his amorphous blob quite a bit.

  • His base kit is fine but the add-ons need a passover. Don’t think the speed ones really need to be as present with his speed buffs.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418489#Comment_2418489

    Just because a killer is easier than others, doesn't mean they take zero skill.

    Wraith’s learning curve is arguably the smallest in the game.

    Hit and run tactics (especially on low visibility maps like RPD) are super easy to use for newer players.

    Compare that to picking a killer like Huntress… actually aiming, measuring hatchet speed and distance… Wraith is basically a noob’s favorite killer.

  • @scenekiller said:

    He's a lot more powerful than he used to be, and requires basically no skill.

    As for hook camping, the players seem to think they're clever by hiding nearby while invisible.

    he may be easy to pick up and play but he still has some skill involved, some of his addons are bs tho..

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418601#Comment_2418601

    Wraith’s learning curve is arguably the smallest in the game.

    Hit and run tactics (especially on low visibility maps like RPD) are super easy to use for newer players.

    Compare that to picking a killer like Huntress… actually aiming, measuring hatchet speed and distance… Wraith is basically a noob’s favorite killer.

    As I said, he's easier than many of the other killers, but he still has a skill ceiling despite his very, very low skill floor. For instance, mindgaming in loops with his uncloak superlunge.

  • I used to play Wraith(last time I played Wraith was late 2019) solely because he was the easiest to play. Using his power was incredibly simple and didn't require much brainpower. I can see now, he still doesn't require brainpower at all <_<.

  • A killer that is decent WITH a BUNCH of good addons? OP OP NERF NERF ONLY NOOBS PLAY HIM

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418670#Comment_2418670

    As I said, he's easier than many of the other killers, but he still has a skill ceiling despite his very, very low skill floor. For instance, mindgaming in loops with his uncloak superlunge.

    Yes, he still has a ceiling that a new player won’t hit immediately. Agreed. I think that applies to all killers, though.