New Killer Discussion

Okay so we've got those letters

S, I, A, R and T

The obviouls shoot would be SpRIngTRAp here. Of course after the post with Red Herring it can mean that those letters actually are there only to make use think and get hyped while the killer will be someone else. Yet it can also be an referce to mechanic from FNAF 3 where our only way to protect from Springtrap was DISTRACTING him. I also seen someone who keeps saying on the picture we get with A are hidden 7 A letters which would be according to 7th Fnaf anniversary.

But I would like to hear what you guys think about it. Yet I don't want comments like "If it's Springtrap then I will not play this game anymore" etc.

Comments

  • If it's Springtrap then I will not play this game anymore

  • Honestly I don't this Behaviour is this predictable. They're probably laughing watching us guess Springtrap, Candyman, Pennywise, etc... while they're finishing up development on an entirely different killer that literally no-one has thought of.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    If it's Springtrap then I will not play this game anymore

    Lmao I knew someone will write that especially if I'll say I don't want anyone to do so

  • @ShakeyGames said:

    Honestly I don't this Behaviour is this predictable. They're probably laughing watching us guess Springtrap, Candyman, Pennywise, etc... while they're finishing up development on an entirely different killer that literally no-one has thought of.

    Exactly, the same happened with Pyramid Head, Trickster, and Twins.

  • @ShakeyGames said:

    Honestly I don't this Behaviour is this predictable. They're probably laughing watching us guess Springtrap, Candyman, Pennywise, etc... while they're finishing up development on an entirely different killer that literally no-one has thought of.

    Maybe it’s the Teacher. An original Killer which had some files in the game. They get teased by random letters because they are teaching reading and writing.

  • @WickPJ said:

    Okay so we've got those letters

    S, I, A, R and T

    The obviouls shoot would be SpRIngTRAp here. Of course after the post with Red Herring it can mean that those letters actually are there only to make use think and get hyped while the killer will be someone else. Yet it can also be an referce to mechanic from FNAF 3 where our only way to protect from Springtrap was DISTRACTING him. I also seen someone who keeps saying on the picture we get with A are hidden 7 A letters which would be according to 7th Fnaf anniversary.

    But I would like to hear what you guys think about it. Yet I don't want comments like "If it's Springtrap then I will not play this game anymore" etc.

    The Red Harring could also be in reference to the one post made on Twitter by McCote about Paulie Esther getting a Tesla in a bet if the Killer is Candyman, where McCote said that they 'Need to get in on those bets, because they'd love a Tesla'.

    That's what I think it is at least ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • @ShakeyGames said:

    Honestly I don't this Behaviour is this predictable. They're probably laughing watching us guess Springtrap, Candyman, Pennywise, etc... while they're finishing up development on an entirely different killer that literally no-one has thought of.

    I can already feel it.

    "LMAO, hey [NAME], come look at this #########. [insane laughter here]. These guys actually think it's Candyman and Springtrap? Absolutely hysterical."

  • I don't know if this matters, but I just got a candyman ad over a dbd stream so...you tell me what the next killer is

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418253#Comment_2418253

    Maybe it’s the Teacher. An original Killer which had some files in the game. They get teased by random letters because they are teaching reading and writing.

    That's actually an interesting analysis, it would make a lot of sense with the whole paragraph thing.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418276#Comment_2418276

    That's actually an interesting analysis, it would make a lot of sense with the whole paragraph thing.

    It.. would? How?

    it was only meant as a joke (though I do expect some kinda twist and the letters not spelling out the actual killer..)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418253#Comment_2418253

    Maybe it’s the Teacher. An original Killer which had some files in the game. They get teased by random letters because they are teaching reading and writing.

    If Behaviour are indeed working on an original killer, it would be very strange. An original killer never performs as well financially as a licensed one, and there are two beautiful marketing opportunities right now:

    • Candyman's new movie is coming out this month.
    • The biggest Five Nights at Freddy's game is coming out this year.

    If they don't take advantage of at least one of those and instead release an original killer, everyone is going to be disappointed.

  • @ShakeyGames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418276#Comment_2418276

    If Behaviour are indeed working on an original killer, it would be very strange. An original killer never performs as well financially as licensed ones, and there are two beautiful marketing opportunities right now:

    • Candyman's new movie is coming out this month.
    • The biggest Five Nights at Freddy's game is coming out this year.

    If they don't take advantage of at least one of those and instead release an original killer, everyone is going to be disappointed.

    We know BHVR are aiming to get at least as many original as licensed killers per year. Meaning a licensed now would lead to the next two being most likely original. Spreading it out could make more sense..

    And actually no licensed killer was really added to promote a new entry in their own franchise.. maybe with Nemesis and REs 25th anniversary being an exception..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418301#Comment_2418301

    We know BHVR are aiming to get at least as many original as licensed killers per year. Meaning a licensed now would lead to the next two being most likely original. Spreading it out could make more sense..

    And actually no licensed killer was really added to promote a new entry in their own franchise.. maybe with Nemesis and REs 25th anniversary being an exception..

    Fair point, but we 100% know the next killer is licensed due to the price of their cosmetics, so there's no reason to speculate about an original.

  • @ShakeyGames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418306#Comment_2418306

    Fair point, but we 100% know the next killer is licensed due to the price of their cosmetics, so there's no reason to speculate about an original.

    Also.. once we 100% knew Blights and Twins chapters were licensed because leaked prices in the files suggested it.. they could very well have made a change to prevent such leaks.


    but just to be clear, I actually don’t think it will be an original killer and definitely not the teacher :)

  • @ShakeyGames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418306#Comment_2418306

    Fair point, but we 100% know the next killer is licensed due to the price of their cosmetics, so there's no reason to speculate about an original.

    Keep in mind that the new survivor is getting recolors and a rift cosmetic.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418315#Comment_2418315

    Also.. once we 100% knew Blights and Twins chapters were licensed because leaked prices in the files suggested it.. they could very well have made a change to prevent such leaks.

    but just to be clear, I actually don’t think it will be an original killer and definitely not the teacher :)

    Tbh That play with Letters is familiar to the one Scott did to show us the name of Springtrap before Fnaf 3

  • @ShakeyGames said:

    Honestly I don't this Behaviour is this predictable. They're probably laughing watching us guess Springtrap, Candyman, Pennywise, etc... while they're finishing up development on an entirely different killer that literally no-one has thought of.

    🤞🏻

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418291#Comment_2418291

    It.. would? How?

    it was only meant as a joke (though I do expect some kinda twist and the letters not spelling out the actual killer..)

    Oh, lol. It's still an interesting analysis, even if it was a joke.

    I would like to see the Teacher in the game eventually, plus Mathieu did say "...yes, there's something to do with them" when he was asked about the Teacher's in-game files in an interview (linked).