Can we agree Wraith's Silent Bell with Aura Read is too much??

Silent Bell isn't the problem because 'Bone Clapper' (can't discern the Bell's distance or direction) addon is a perfectly suitable substitution.

The Aura Read of survivors while cloaked for 12 meters is just a bit too much IMO. I think it should be outright removed or at the very least nerfed to 8 meters instead.

I went against these 2 addons a few times, and played these 2 addons twice so far, and.. ... just get rid of the aura read.

50/50 survivor/killer btw.

Comments

  • I think they should make the distance longer and let it exist outside of stealth for a second or two, but put it on a cooldown; like for only so long after going into stealth.


    As a ~500 hour Wraith player I don't feel this addon is strong at all. I just feel it completely nullifies some cheese hiding spots in corners. If you're behind a wall it doesn't help me because I still have to get to you, and you can do /something/ about that. If you're shoving your face into a pile of wood behind the barrel in the tall grass though, hoping I don't see you because you're on Blendette or Adam, then it's practically no different than playing with washed out colors and on stretched resolution.

  • Nah, they are fine. We've dealt with many "busted" things, so in the end what is one more?

  • Honestly they should swap these two addon varieties around. I don't mind versing them and I like how wraith actually has good addons unlike most killers but having the aura as iri addon would be much better

  • Maybe B- with addons lmao

  • You've never gone against a good Wraith then, my friendo. He's definitely nowhere near as bad as he used to be.

  • @ryseterion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414633#Comment_2414633

    But the thing is they are too strong. Killers should totally have strong addons but when a bunch of them are combined it creates a super sweaty vibe. Like do you really want to win that bad? Do you want a challenge? Silent bell on its own is fine but all seeing and SB is broken

    It still has counterplay and I have still be counterplayed while using it, I think the addons are fine because its not that hard to play against with the proper build and even without it just be more on high alert since his gnashing sounds can be heard from about 16 meters away

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414970#Comment_2414970

    Which means new wraith with silent bell is stronger than old wraith with silent bell. And old wraith with silent bell was already strong enough for a red add-on. New is just opressive. Making him old wraith with silent bell is a fair deal

    Maybe a slight decrease in speed or something but I don't think making wraith a 5.2 killer while cloaked is as fair as you think

  • @justbecause said:

    I mean it's very powerful and survs stands no much chance against it just like stridor spirit before it's nerf

    The difference between them is that spririt can play competitively very well and I've only see wraith used by otz in one scenario against a weaker team.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414721#Comment_2414721

    Interesting theory, want to 1v1 and show how it holds up, I don't think his all seeing can invalidate entire tiles as much as you might think it can

    It doesn't invalidate tiles it gives you free hits before your chase even starts.

    If you're working a gen, even if you are looking around and have good awareness a wraith with this addon can get a free hit on you and leave and go do the same thing to someone else.

    Wraith with this addon never needs to actually chase a survivor since hits are free on any tile with a LoS blocker. If you get RPD or gideon with this addon combo you basically can't lose unless every survivor has a medkit. edit: or spine chill/object

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2416326#Comment_2416326

    Maybe a slight decrease in speed or something but I don't think making wraith a 5.2 killer while cloaked is as fair as you think

    5.2 with silent bell? hell yeah he's balanced

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    silent bell isn't 'that' much of a problem the only wraith addon I have a problem with is the gen aura one...

    All Seeing 'Spirit' is trash unless you run a slowdown build on Wraith.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414775#Comment_2414775

    It doesn't invalidate tiles it gives you free hits before your chase even starts.

    If you're working a gen, even if you are looking around and have good awareness a wraith with this addon can get a free hit on you and leave and go do the same thing to someone else.

    Wraith with this addon never needs to actually chase a survivor since hits are free on any tile with a LoS blocker. If you get RPD or gideon with this addon combo you basically can't lose unless every survivor has a medkit. edit: or spine chill/object

    Wraiths basekit already does that, it just makes his ability to get free hits stronger, which is still countered by most of what his basekit is countered by, it just removes a 1.5 second early warning sign that even if its there you are still just as likely to get it, it just gives him more opportunity for things like grabs and survivors not being able to prepare themselves to take chase since they don't have the 1.5 seconds to realize im about to get hit and should start planning / running

    It does have a countermeasure of limited wraiths chase potential as other addons which may assist in chase now have to compete for his only open addon slot, and playing wraith I can tell you, windstorm, and uncloak speed are both extremely strong in chase, ive had people dc or give me more free hits in chase because of double uncloak speed then I have with silent bell, the effects of silent bell are just more apparent to the survivors so the perceived effect is much stronger than the actual effect of it in comparison to other addons

  • yea and thats the problem "balanced" if silent bell was balanced to keep him the exact same strength as wraith without the silent bell then whats the point of the addon, it makes him stronger at something and weaker at something but it gives no overall bonus to make it worth running in comparison to addons that give him straight up bonuses while still letting him use his basekit, I think its fine for the addon to not have downsides as its already balanced by the fact it takes up an addon slot which could be used for something thats just as strong if not stronger depending on how you use it

  • @Verconissp said:

    All-seeing is just fine..

    Wraith is just balanced the way he is.

    This is literally a Nerf his addons post.

    By taking away any decent addon. you're outright telling me that a killer should just be afk at the start of the game so you can get a easier time escaping..

    I really hope this is a troll because this argument makes zero sense

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2417017#Comment_2417017

    yea and thats the problem "balanced" if silent bell was balanced to keep him the exact same strength as wraith without the silent bell then whats the point of the addon, it makes him stronger at something and weaker at something but it gives no overall bonus to make it worth running in comparison to addons that give him straight up bonuses while still letting him use his basekit, I think its fine for the addon to not have downsides as its already balanced by the fact it takes up an addon slot which could be used for something thats just as strong if not stronger depending on how you use it

    He's balanced for a red add-on. Silent bell is busted and need some cons to use, just like huntress Iri hatchets

  • Silent bell is not even that insane and honestly loses out on the pressure of bone clapper which can force multiple people off a gen even if you're not going after them. Wraith already has a nearly guaranteed first hit if someone is even slightly out of position since they can be body blocked and on unsafe loops since he just lunges around them completely. His windstorm and reappearance addons are way more valuable since windstorm affects the lunge distance and reappearance time let's you reduce any distance they gain during uncloak. If you have this much trouble with silent bell just run spine chill. It's a very good perk against stealth and non stealth killers and has lots of uses.

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2417055#Comment_2417055

    He's balanced for a red add-on. Silent bell is busted and need some cons to use, just like huntress Iri hatchets

    at this point im just going to cut it short here, we don't agree and you can't convince me and I can't convince you, no reason to continue

  • Alchemist ring is another add on that’s completely stupid. Needs changed.

  • @PsychoTron said:

    Silent Bell isn't the problem because 'Bone Clapper' (can't discern the Bell's distance or direction) addon is a perfectly suitable substitution.

    The Aura Read of survivors while cloaked for 12 meters is just a bit too much IMO. I think it should be outright removed or at the very least nerfed to 8 meters instead.

    I went against these 2 addons a few times, and played these 2 addons twice so far, and.. ... just get rid of the aura read.

    50/50 survivor/killer btw.

    I'd say play more with this combo and you'll realize its shortcomings. This is one of my favorite combos, but keep in mind a few issues;

    No decreased reappearance time

    No super lunge with faster speed

    Isn't running Shadow Dance for fast vaults

    Spine chill and windows are still a thing for him.

    This combo carried me from to 10 easily, but I'm hitting a wall because these purple/red survivors are all running Spine Chill and good exit strategies

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    Silent bell is not even that insane and honestly loses out on the pressure of bone clapper which can force multiple people off a gen even if you're not going after them. Wraith already has a nearly guaranteed first hit if someone is even slightly out of position since they can be body blocked and on unsafe loops since he just lunges around them completely. His windstorm and reappearance addons are way more valuable since windstorm affects the lunge distance and reappearance time let's you reduce any distance they gain during uncloak. If you have this much trouble with silent bell just run spine chill. It's a very good perk against stealth and non stealth killers and has lots of uses.

    we're not talking about silent bell; we're talking about all seeing blood. silent bell is fine. all seeing blood is not fine.

    also AFAIK, windstorm does not affect your lunge distance since windstorm speed increase is only while in cloak.

    during uncloak process he is slowed down to 40%, then when he is uncloaked he accelerates back to his normal 115% speed.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414633#Comment_2414633

    Having wallhax and 0 indicator of when you're uncloaking is not ok. You can literally just cloak at any tile and a down becomes braindead easy. This is not a "strong addon" its entirely unfair.

    I really don't want to hear about unfairness when survivors have E to outplay and iron will, which are by far more problematic

  • I'm okay with Silent Bell, but I've never liked All-Seeing.

    I think it's good for Killers to have strong Add-Ons (I'm an absolute sucker for Myer's Add-Ons even if they have the potential to be absolutely disgusting), but I've never really been a fan of the idea of straight aura-reading as an add-on, outside of like Amanda's Letter and Scratched Mirror, where they entirely change the playstyle of the Killer.

    Idk, I think aura reading add-ons either do too much or not enough for all Killers (All-Seeing Wraith with Silent Bell, especially with his buffs definitely feel like overkill now, and like Plague's Black Incense has the potential to be disgusting, but then Huntess's Glowing Concoction feels overall 'Meh' and Deathslinger's Hellshire Iron is laughably awful.) I'd love to see the add-on type just an overall pass through if I'm going to be honest.

  • @PsychoTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2417306#Comment_2417306

    we're not talking about silent bell; we're talking about all seeing blood. silent bell is fine. all seeing blood is not fine.

    also AFAIK, windstorm does not affect your lunge distance since windstorm speed increase is only while in cloak.

    during uncloak process he is slowed down to 40%, then when he is uncloaked he accelerates back to his normal 115% speed.

    I thought I saw a video on this being tested, but maybe it was just very old. I personally don't use all-seeing and don't think it's that insane for an iri addon, but it could maybe use a nerf so it only works when people are moving?

  • add-on pass required

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2415816#Comment_2415816

    The difference between them is that spririt can play competitively very well and I've only see wraith used by otz in one scenario against a weaker team.

    I preform with wraith very well even without those add ons

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2416969#Comment_2416969

    I preform with wraith very well even without those add ons

    Same, I don't run them so I can get better mobility and attack quicker out of cloak. The silent bell is mostly useless against spinechill users and I normally run bbq and nurses and it gives enough info to not need it.

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2417561#Comment_2417561

    Same, I don't run them so I can get better mobility and attack quicker out of cloak. The silent bell is mostly useless against spinechill users and I normally run bbq and nurses and it gives enough info to not need it.

    Yeah that's true but silent bell as it is with wall seeing add on is powerful very against average players against good players it might be harder but still powerful and it's fine that it's powerful because there's no much thing left powerful for killers

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2415262#Comment_2415262

    I really hope this is a troll because this argument makes zero sense

    The point is.

    This is literally a git gud issue.

    Wraith can still be easily countered if you play Right, and play according to the addons, in which

    News flash. it has counters

  • It's a joke. Just got Devour moried by Wraith with the all seeing add-on. I don't know if I'm mad about it or not. It's a joke. Plus he had some speed boost add-on. He's a semi-weak killer that's hyper buffed by his add-ons.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2417258#Comment_2417258

    The point is.

    This is literally a git gud issue.

    Wraith can still be easily countered if you play Right, and play according to the addons, in which

    News flash. it has counters

    Please tell me the counter in this situation:

    You’re doing a gen on badham in one of the houses with zero line of sight and you’re not using spine chill. The killer has wallhacks on you, and you can’t hear the wraith uncloak. He sees you before you can even hear the wraith’s noises.

  • It’s kind of an OP combo but maybe try running spine chill.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418792#Comment_2418792

    Please tell me the counter in this situation:

    You’re doing a gen on badham in one of the houses with zero line of sight and you’re not using spine chill. The killer has wallhacks on you, and you can’t hear the wraith uncloak. He sees you before you can even hear the wraith’s noises.

    Easy.

    you can see a shadow downstairs due to the flashing light.

    Or if you can hear. you can just hear the uncloaking noises (Not the bell ringing. but the phasing in...noise.. thingy. You know what i mean)

    Then i would run to the pallet and bait a swing before i'd run around the long way and take vault. Bam. countered,

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2419148#Comment_2419148

    Easy.

    you can see a shadow downstairs due to the flashing light.

    Or if you can hear. you can just hear the uncloaking noises (Not the bell ringing. but the phasing in...noise.. thingy. You know what i mean)

    Then i would run to the pallet and bait a swing before i'd run around the long way and take vault. Bam. countered,

    If the pallet hasn’t spawned next to where the gen is, you’re definitely not making it in time.

  • You sound paranoid, bring Spine Chill

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2419578#Comment_2419578

    If the pallet hasn’t spawned next to where the gen is, you’re definitely not making it in time.

    The House Pallet is always there.

    it tends to always have 2 pallets close. One upstairs and one at the car..

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2419581#Comment_2419581

    The House Pallet is always there.

    it tends to always have 2 pallets close. One upstairs and one at the car..

    The house pallet is always there, yes, but it can spawn in two different locations. It can be far enough for it to be easily bodyblocked by the wraith.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2419607#Comment_2419607

    The house pallet is always there, yes, but it can spawn in two different locations. It can be far enough for it to be easily bodyblocked by the wraith.

    The two pallets in general at That House Stays only on said Side. soon as you go up the stairs. take a right. Boom. pallet is there. go down the stairs. Boom. pallet is there..

    the wraith can't bodyblock both at once. he can only pick and try to force a mindgame..

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2419607#Comment_2419607

    The house pallet is always there, yes, but it can spawn in two different locations. It can be far enough for it to be easily bodyblocked by the wraith.

    Depending on where the gen spawns in the house.

    If its on top of the stairs. then you can easily get access to either the window next to you. the pallet. or just run to the otherside of said pallet, bait dropping, and getting a free loop outta that spot.

    then run downstairs. abuse that nice lil window opening.. and then go towards pallet =D

1 2 ›