Should we mandate cross play?
It's just a divide in the community between console and PC where no one wants to play with the "inferior" platform.
It's just a divide in the community between console and PC where no one wants to play with the "inferior" platform.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Cross play isn't mandatory, you can turn it off in the options menu and neither platform is superior
You can always deactivate crossplay, but keep in mind that queue times will be even worse if you do
I'm questioning if we should remove the ability to not use cross play because it's dividing the community.
No, the ability to turn cross play off shouldn't be removed
Reading Comprehension is an essential skill, everyone.
there’s no inferior platform, people just like blaming console players for their own bad plays
Exactly, that's the only reason it's still a thing and it's just hearsay.
Only thing console is worse at is aiming with ranged killers, and that's down to DBD's awful joystick deadzones, something other games do well and could easily be fixed.
More options - not less.
And, ya know, the game runs like #########.
I'm pretty sure at least one console manufacturer makes it an unnegotiable requirement for any devs that want to crossplay other platforms with it to allow players to opt out of it. Probably started in games that make more sense (FPS games before those started to do input-based crossplay instead of platform-based), but it still sticks.
So this probably isn't just something that won't happen, it's most likely something that can't happen.
No, I have crossplay off for a reason, that way other players can message me after the game. I know many people want to see the postgame chat removed or close it, but I had many nice conversations after games and I wouldn't want to give that up. Getting feedback that others enjoyed the game does make me smile a bit.
With crossplay on as the only option, I would dodge every lobby until I got a lobby full of survivors without globe symbol.
Only on last gen consoles.
Those are still current-gen.
The vast majority do not own next-gen Console's due to their insane price and limited availability
Not exactly true read through Pulsar's ubar thread. You'll find examples from all the consoles, including PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, many with vids, and even from PCrs on various rigs.
The issues with optimization and game performance are much more widespread than we supposed. Hopefully threads like that can push us past the unhelpful "it doesn't happen to me" mentality.
Also the prior gen players are together the largest playerbase by far, and will continue to be as long as newer machines are scarce & way overpriced. Which is looking like at least another year. Shouldn't the devs show the most love and care there?
No. My performance on ps4 is already bad and when I had crossplay on it felt even worse. It would also be pretty unfair to play against someone who has no performance issues because they're on high end pc while I'm getting screwed over by FPS drops from list triggers in the game.
people disable crossplay because of pc killers, and vice versa