5 ways to have fun in DBD as a long time killer main :)

  1. Run what ever you want, even if it is memey or powerful.
  2. Don't follow the survivor rulebook.
  3. Should jump on survivor sometimes to kind of get a feel for how their movement works.
  4. Don't let others make you feel bad. Disable the chatbox if you have to and I believe console can turn off messaging for specific games? But you can correct me if I am wrong.
  5. Tunneling is basically the objective so don't be afraid to go after survivors, because that is what they call tunneling for some reason. Camping is iffy because good survivors will punish it but if everyone is bum rushing the hook go for it! I made this because people do ask me how I still enjoy the killer role after all this time. :) Have fun in the fog! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Comments

  • I'd say regardless, be open to feedback from people playing the role opposite of the one you fall into the most. It helps understand the other side better and the sorts of things they like and dislike about matches. Just try not to take angry complaints to heart.

  • Could we stop with "Killer main vs. Survivor main"?

  • I'm going to run Tombstone Piece like crazy thanks to your advice.

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    1. Run what ever you want, even if it is memey or powerful.
    2. Don't follow the survivor rulebook.
    3. Should jump on survivor sometimes to kind of get a feel for how their movement works.
    4. Don't let others make you feel bad. Disable the chatbox if you have to and I believe console can turn off messaging for specific games? But you can correct me if I am wrong.
    5. Tunneling is basically the objective so don't be afraid to go after survivors, because that is what they call tunneling for some reason. Camping is iffy because good survivors will punish it but if everyone is bum rushing the hook go for it! I made this because people do ask me how I still enjoy the killer role after all this time. :) Have fun in the fog! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

    You could've made it shorter:

    2-3 Ways to have fun as Killer

    1. Play as selfishly as possible (tunnel, camp and slug, etc.).
    2. Don't selfreflect on, care for, or anticipate any possible consequences of your actions.
    3. Play survivor to learn the movement etc.

    Point 2 is optional, only if it's not natural to you to not care anyway.

  • @tennmio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271199/5-ways-to-have-fun-in-dbd-as-a-long-time-killer-main

    You could've made it shorter:

    2-3 Ways to have fun as Killer

    1. Play as selfishly as possible (tunnel, camp and slug, etc.).
    2. Don't selfreflect on, care for, or anticipate any possible consequences of your actions.
    3. Play survivor to learn the movement etc.

    Point 2 is optional, only if it's not natural to you to not care anyway.

    That seems good to me!

  • @tennmio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271199/5-ways-to-have-fun-in-dbd-as-a-long-time-killer-main

    You could've made it shorter:

    2-3 Ways to have fun as Killer

    1. Play as selfishly as possible (tunnel, camp and slug, etc.).
    2. Don't selfreflect on, care for, or anticipate any possible consequences of your actions.
    3. Play survivor to learn the movement etc.

    Point 2 is optional, only if it's not natural to you to not care anyway.

    Ok do you care how you play as survivor? No? Because it is just a game lol your fun is all that matters. This isn't the friendship game and as the killer I am not your friend. I believe Dowsey made a video on that subject if you watch him.

  • @Jarol said:

    I'm going to run Tombstone Piece like crazy thanks to your advice.

    Go for it! I cant say you will pip sadly but you play how you want.

  • I definitely adhere to number 1 I always run whatever I feel like and don't give a ######### about winning my favourite killer builds usually involve fire up

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410387#Comment_2410387

    Ok do you care how you play as survivor? No? Because it is just a game lol your fun is all that matters. This isn't the friendship game and as the killer I am not your friend. I believe Dowsey made a video on that subject if you watch him.

    Why would someone care how they play as killer but not as survivor? Someone selfish wouldn't care eighter way. Lol I doubt we'd be friends as survior neighter. Whenever I watch unfriendly behaviour (killer or survivor) I act on it (not unhooking, stop participating, leaving, not healing etc.). If the killer seems to be lower rank and had no kills I usually let them kill me, sometimes I even try to make it look like they outplayed me if I get the feeling that they seem depressed. I care for everyone's experience, I couldn't not care and I have no understanding how anyone could feel different about that.

    I watched his video on that and some others. To be frank he is the kind of person that I'd call selfish or at least he's not close to what I call a decent person.