I'm starting to fall in love with Oni again.

Just started playing him again after a bit of a break.

I don't know why I ever stopped playing you big boi. You've led me to have some of the most fun I have had in ages with this game.

That's all, this is an Oni appreciation post.

Carry on.

Comments

  • Love playing Oni with the Minotaur skin. The snorting, roaring and stomping all fit so well.

  • I felt the same way about Spirit when I came back to her after I left her.

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    Love playing Oni with the Minotaur skin. The snorting, roaring and stomping all fit so well.

    I actually prefer Oni's base aesthetic to the Minotaur, just because I think Oni looks ######### fanstastic. If the Minotaur skin was on any other killer, I probably would've gotten it already. Second only to the new Blight skin, in terms of Ultra-Rares, or whatever the hell they're calling them now.

  • @GannTM said:

    I felt the same way about Spirit when I came back to her after I left her.

    I tend to feel that way about any Killer I move away from a long time. Hell, I had a lot of fun with Billy a few days ago.

    Then I remembered old Billy, and I was sad.

  • Oni is by far the coolest killer in the entire game, both on aesthetics and power. Demon Dash is by far the most fun mechanic in the game. He doesn't have to deal with hitbox BS that Billy and Blight have.

  • Oni is by far my favourite killer. Not only fun, but can compete against decent players. Aesthetically, not many better. Would happily shake the hand of whoever designed this guy

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    Oni is by far the coolest killer in the entire game, both on aesthetics and power. Demon Dash is by far the most fun mechanic in the game. He doesn't have to deal with hitbox BS that Billy and Blight have.

    That's definitely one of the reasons I love him. I've also trying to learn Blight, but it seems every time I do I get Ormond and glide off everything like I'm made of lube. Oni just feels so much more satisfying to play, imo.

  • Pls no more oni mains

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    Pls no more oni mains

    WAT

  • I recently picked Oni up as the last killer I didn't own, got him to 50, got his meta perks but god damn I suck with him, playing on console and watching console specific guides and stuff. I want to master him I really do but all my 90 degrees smashes feel like pure guess work needing god like prediction.

    Hopefully I'll work it out soon coz god damn he is cool.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    Just started playing him again after a bit of a break.

    I don't know why I ever stopped playing you big boi. You've led me to have some of the most fun I have had in ages with this game.

    That's all, this is an Oni appreciation post.

    Carry on.

    I really want to like Oni but the fact that he's a powerless M1 killer when he doesn't have enough blood irks me. I get that he is this way for the purpose of balancing him but I still don't find him very enjoyable because of it. Definitely doesn't help that they removed his old chase music which (in my opinion) was way better then his current one. Glad you're enjoying him though :)

  • I adore Oni, especially with Lethal Pursuer on him to really help my early game. I enjoy roaring and going zoom with him around the map

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    Pls no more oni mains

    Laughs in survivor blood

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    Love playing Oni with the Minotaur skin. The snorting, roaring and stomping all fit so well.

    I love Oni because of that skin :)

    I haven't bought it yet because I still don't know how to play him well enough, but I'm trying to learn

  • Question to the oni mains who will naturally be drawn to this thread, how do you play Oni's power before you are a good at charging through loops and slamming 90 degree flicks ? I find it easier to run someone down with billies chainsaw than I find chasing with Oni's charge not to mention how long it takes to wind up a non charging smash, I can barely see what's infront of me when I'm holding the club in the air.

    Pls help me onichans

  • @Razorbeam said:

    Question to the oni mains who will naturally be drawn to this thread, how do you play Oni's power before you are a good at charging through loops and slamming 90 degree flicks ? I find it easier to run someone down with billies chainsaw than I find chasing with Oni's charge not to mention how long it takes to wind up a non charging smash, I can barely see what's infront of me when I'm holding the club in the air.

    Pls help me onichans

    It actually doesn't take that long at all to charge Oni's kanobo. The second his hands flash red, you can instadown. So just get on their butt, hold down M1, wait until his hands flash down, instadown. I typically use the charge to scare survivors into dropping pallets, or if I know I can hit an extended lunge. If the survivor is wiggly or looping around small objects, I typically just use the short insta-down. It's a lot easier and doesn't take up nearly as much screen.

    Some loops you can even use your demon-dash to get the down, and I typically find getting demon dash downs easier than just a normal, charged M1 strike.

  • I'd enjoy him more if I could master the art of the flick. . .