Selfcare

I see ppl having issues with selfcare…no I see ppl having issues with their teammates using selfcare.

Okay lets review this way of thinking, yes it does take a few seconds to heal with selfcare without using another perk to shorten the heal time (botany knowledge, resurgence, desperate measures, etc) but what do you want everyone too do exactly? If everyone was running inner strength we could only heal 1 time for the whole game. Use second wind ? Only twice.

I saw ppl cry to go to a teammate…oh so now not only do I lose time looking for someone but we both have to be healing instead of doing gens ?

Selfcare is perfectly fine the way it is, lets remember it is a free starter perk so obviously it’s going to be basic. And again, if you combo the perk with something else the healing is MUCH quicker. If you guys want to talk about perks that need rework pls talk about "wake up" not selfcare.

Comments

  • I think everyone understands how the perk works. The bothersome part is the ######### survivor play, where people are constantly self caring all game to the point it becomes a detriment to the team. And people wonder why Selfish Q is such a ######### show.

  • @SCREAM_FOR_ME said:

    selfcare is there to extend the match and annoy their fellow survivors by not doing any objectives its clear that it is a waste of time

    It is not lol any way to extend the match works in the survivor favor. It’s not your teammates fault if you can’t distract the killer for 32s

  • @Clevite said:

    I think everyone understands how the perk works. The bothersome part is the ######### survivor play, where people are constantly self caring all game to the point it becomes a detriment to the team. And people wonder why Selfish Q is such a ######### show.

    32s dude…that’s not a lot and that’s without combo with any other perk

  • @OrionQc24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403041#Comment_2403041

    32s dude…that’s not a lot and that’s without combo with any other perk

    32s, repeatedly, over the course of the game. ONe time sure, but many that run this perk are gen phobic that never learn to play injured

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403052#Comment_2403052

    32s, repeatedly, over the course of the game. ONe time sure, but many that run this perk are gen phobic that never learn to play injured

    No they’re not. You’re just saying that bc you’re salty ppl run different build than yours. You didn’t even know it was 32s until I mentioned it.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403052#Comment_2403052

    32s, repeatedly, over the course of the game. ONe time sure, but many that run this perk are gen phobic that never learn to play injured

    And AGAIN, it’s a free starter perk.

  • @OrionQc24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403058#Comment_2403058

    No they’re not. You’re just saying that bc you’re salty ppl run different build than yours. You didn’t even know it was 32s until I mentioned it.

    Well, that is quite an assumption on your part. You know nothing of me, engage in a debate, then presume to call me salty. Okay, I see you are not really here for a debate.

  • I've been put on 2nd state on hook countless times because people are too scared to play injured and save when the killer isn't camping and would rather SC 10000 feet away from me then try to run to me after being on full health. The perk is garbage.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    I've been put on 2nd state on hook countless times because people are too scared to play injured and save when the killer isn't camping and would rather SC 10000 feet away from me then try to run to me after being on full health. The perk is garbage.

    I’m red rank and this literally never happened. So let me doubt it. Also, again 32s so they probably weren’t saving you for other reasons than selfcare. Beside if they had selfcare they wouldn’t have run around looking for a heal until it was too late.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    I've been put on 2nd state on hook countless times because people are too scared to play injured and save when the killer isn't camping and would rather SC 10000 feet away from me then try to run to me after being on full health. The perk is garbage.

    I brought numbers, combo and insightful commentary. What have YOU brought to the table ? Salt. Literally that’s all you did.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403061#Comment_2403061

    Well, that is quite an assumption on your part. You know nothing of me, engage in a debate, then presume to call me salty. Okay, I see you are not really here for a debate.

    Also, I have no doubt that your problem IS playing injured. I mean if you like being a one shot constantly you do you. But the whole situation of you complaining that you aren’t being saved is caused bc you probably go down first bc of it. Learn to heal.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403061#Comment_2403061

    Well, that is quite an assumption on your part. You know nothing of me, engage in a debate, then presume to call me salty. Okay, I see you are not really here for a debate.

    Let me guess; spine chill, resilience, dead hard and decisive strike. Am I right ?

  • @OrionQc24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403072#Comment_2403072

    I brought numbers, combo and insightful commentary. What have YOU brought to the table ? Salt. Literally that’s all you did.

    You're really hostile I feel like you just posted this to troll. Anywho even with a build solely dedicated to self care it brings the healing speed up to a maximum of 19 seconds. 3 perk slots to make 1 perk work. And I think I'd know if they were doing something else considering the healing animation is pretty distinct lol.

  • @OrionQc24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403071#Comment_2403071

    Also, I have no doubt that your problem IS playing injured. I mean if you like being a one shot constantly you do you. But the whole situation of you complaining that you aren’t being saved is caused bc you probably go down first bc of it. Learn to heal.

    Bro, your arguing with yourself. I have played this game way too long to give a ######### what somebody hiding behind a computer screen Imagines my gameplay is like. Please find someone else to argue with. I am out of this discussion. We aren't changing each other's minds.

  • Overreaching statements are never a good idea. 95% of the time in low ranks it just encourages the wrong type of behavior. But if you suck at looping then sometimes you have no options, especially for solo queue.

    self care can be very good in the hands of an experienced player. It should also only be used situationally if your goal is to escape.

    People telling people how to play dbd is silly. This post is silly. People can play however they want. Who cares? Play with others or dont whine about solo queue. Waste of time.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403102#Comment_2403102

    Bro, your arguing with yourself. I have played this game way too long to give a ######### what somebody hiding behind a computer screen Imagines my gameplay is like. Please find someone else to argue with. I am out of this discussion. We aren't changing each other's minds.

    Then YOU didn’t come to « debate » you came just to slander xD ttyl

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403099#Comment_2403099

    You're really hostile I feel like you just posted this to troll. Anywho even with a build solely dedicated to self care it brings the healing speed up to a maximum of 19 seconds. 3 perk slots to make 1 perk work. And I think I'd know if they were doing something else considering the healing animation is pretty distinct lol.

    19s and you’d complain ? Tf xD healing with a teammate take 16 and it requires 2 ppl to be not working on gens. So it’s pretty good lol and how was I hostile ? Bc I call out facts and have numbers ?

  • @OrionQc24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403105#Comment_2403105

    19s and you’d complain ? Tf xD healing with a teammate take 16 and it requires 2 ppl to be not working on gens. So it’s pretty good lol and how was I hostile ? Bc I call out facts and have numbers ?

    No because you get extremely defensive anytime someone doubts you. And yes a perk shouldn't need 3 other perks just to work.

  • @Dodgingbears said:

    Overreaching statements are never a good idea. 95% of the time in low ranks it just encourages the wrong type of behavior. But if you suck at looping then sometimes you have no options, especially for solo queue.

    self care can be very good in the hands of an experienced player. It should also only be used situationally if your goal is to escape.

    People telling people how to play dbd is silly. This post is silly. People can play however they want. Who cares? Play with others or dont whine about solo queue. Waste of time.

    I think you’re confused. I made this post bc ppl are trying to tell ppl how they should play based on their playstyles. I use inner strength but that doesn’t mean I don’t know how good selfcare is. Too many time I wish I brought it instead of inner strength.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403111#Comment_2403111

    No because you get extremely defensive anytime someone doubts you. And yes a perk shouldn't need 3 other perks just to work.

    All perks can combo with another or two others. That’s how combos work. You don’t have too btw but it helps.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    I've been put on 2nd state on hook countless times because people are too scared to play injured and save when the killer isn't camping and would rather SC 10000 feet away from me then try to run to me after being on full health. The perk is garbage.

    For sure, but I've seen tons of other annoying behavior on hook. But that just makes the argument about ONE thing wasting time moot.

  • Just to help ppl maybe see that perk under a new light;

    selfcare + botany knowledge+ iron will + resilience = this build revolves around looping. If you enjoy being in a chase this is for you! Basically you selfcare any time you have two seconds (after pallets, after vaulting, during mind games, etc.)


    selfcare + bite the bullet + spine chill + desperate measures = this one is for immersed players that want to be altruistic. Alternatively you can use "we’ll make it" but it doesn’t benefit you. With bite the bullet instead of iron will you can be just around the corner healing in plain sight without getting noticed. A lot of killer use headsets and rely more on sound than even scratch marks and you’ll become accutely aware of them.


    Note: Now…this perk isn’t designed to be as good or situational as some others. It is from your basic kit so it’s basic and I feel that’s what a lot of ppl don’t understand about it. Obviously you don’t bring that or very rarely in a red rank match but it’s completely fine in bronze where everyone is still learning the BASICS

  • @OrionQc24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403108#Comment_2403108

    I think you’re confused. I made this post bc ppl are trying to tell ppl how they should play based on their playstyles. I use inner strength but that doesn’t mean I don’t know how good selfcare is. Too many time I wish I brought it instead of inner strength.

    I am not confused. I literally echoed your sentiment. I stated: "People telling people how to play dbd is silly."

    Perhaps you're misunderstandings of what I wrote cause you to be confused? Doesn't really matter.

    Inner strength is decidedly worse than self care with the totem crush meta and has become much less reliable, late-game. It also forces you to be inefficient. Time spent finding and crushing totmes>self-care. I dont run either. I dont generally waste a slot on that, because I can transition tiles very effectively most of the time. There is merit to self-care, but there is more merit in efficiency, though I wouldnt tell people how to play, I can only offer math and my personal experience.

  • @Dodgingbears said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403114#Comment_2403114

    I am not confused. I literally echoed your sentiment. I stated: "People telling people how to play dbd is silly."

    Perhaps you're misunderstandings of what I wrote cause you to be confused? Doesn't really matter.

    Inner strength is decidedly worse than self care with the totem crush meta and has become much less reliable, late-game. It also forces you to be inefficient. Time spent finding and crushing totmes>self-care. I dont run either. I dont generally waste a slot on that, because I can transition tiles very effectively most of the time. There is merit to self-care, but there is more merit in efficiency, though I wouldnt tell people how to play, I can only offer math and my personal experience.

    Not if you run detective hunch and a map. This become one of the most reliable perk I have. Put ace open handed and you basically know the location of every totem with a single gen done.

    lol I like how you’re trying to throw shade so badly. Do you want to see how usefull it is I have a YT channel if you want.

  • @Dodgingbears said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403114#Comment_2403114

    I am not confused. I literally echoed your sentiment. I stated: "People telling people how to play dbd is silly."

    Perhaps you're misunderstandings of what I wrote cause you to be confused? Doesn't really matter.

    Inner strength is decidedly worse than self care with the totem crush meta and has become much less reliable, late-game. It also forces you to be inefficient. Time spent finding and crushing totmes>self-care. I dont run either. I dont generally waste a slot on that, because I can transition tiles very effectively most of the time. There is merit to self-care, but there is more merit in efficiency, though I wouldnt tell people how to play, I can only offer math and my personal experience.

    See you’re all bronze players and it shows.

    The point of inner strength is to NOT wait until you’re injured. It’s a pocket heal. Which can also be used with an injured / resilience build since you can just heal when you need too as oppose to not at all. Preventing an early hook or down, which is much more inefficient imo…

  • Self-Care is meta in my book.

  • I’m not insulting, just pointing out the obvious. Beside I’m red rank so I think I know the meta. Not healing is inefficient and the reason you die. There’s nothing untrue about that.

  • Also, again no matter how well you put it you’re the one trying to throw shade sis. I’m being direct. What can I say, I say what I mean and I mean what I say.

  • Omg you’re going on about the spelling bc you have no true argument. Sorry we’re not all white english men.

  • @ciara1999 said:

    There are more than enough dbd content creators who are red rank that don't rate self care and there are players better than you that don't think self care is a good perk. You seem very hostile and wire frankly rude. Self.care is alright, but there are many other perks that are better than self care so stop acting like you know better because if the majority of players bash self care and it's a meme then the majority of people do not agree with you

    And there are many red rank streamers and fog whisperers who think it’s good and use it. What is your point ? And again how am I being hostile when I’m the one being attacked and insulted ? I’m literally only replying by logic, builds and maths ?

  • Should I feel bad about using self care? I'm a self confessed noob, especially when it comes to playing survivor. But I run it with jill alongside the perk she has that gives her half of the healing bar if she is removed from a hook....I quite like how quickly it allows me to heal up and get back to distracting the killer. Especially when a survivor has taken a protection hit for me.

    Though I acknowledge using those two perks probably means there are meta perks that are being wasted that I should probably have equipped instead I guess.

  • @Jason_Soreknees said:

    Should I feel bad about using self care? I'm a self confessed noob, especially when it comes to playing survivor. But I run it with jill alongside the perk she has that gives her half of the healing bar if she is removed from a hook....I quite like how quickly it allows me to heal up and get back to distracting the killer. Especially when a survivor has taken a protection hit for me.

    Though I acknowledge using those two perks probably means there are meta perks that are being wasted that I should probably have equipped instead I guess.

    I said earlier that I personally use inner strength and that you need to combo with that perk exactly…but the trolls covered that.

  • @ciara1999 said:

    There are more than enough dbd content creators who are red rank that don't rate self care and there are players better than you that don't think self care is a good perk. You seem very hostile and wire frankly rude. Self.care is alright, but there are many other perks that are better than self care so stop acting like you know better because if the majority of players bash self care and it's a meme then the majority of people do not agree with you

    Also, a meme doesn’t dictate anything or idk…why would you even bring memes into this xD

  • @ciara1999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403229#Comment_2403229

    You started insulting someone for saying self care isn't a good perk. I get self care works, but most of the time in solo queue you get a survivor that brings self care and end up dying first or they end up not helping their team because they're constantly healing

    I- what ? When and where ? There’s literally only 30~ comments. I didn’t insult anyone.

  • Not sure why self care gets so much hate. Harder for the killer to snow ball if survivors are fully healed.

    I don't run it often, but on certain builds it pretty damn helpful.

  • @malloymk said:

    Not sure why self care gets so much hate. Harder for the killer to snow ball if survivors are fully healed.

    I don't run it often, but on certain builds it pretty damn helpful.

    Idk either. Have you tried with "bite the bullet" it’s hilarious

  • I think the expectation that survivors should play injured shows that the cost of being injured isn't high enough.

  • @ciara1999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403243#Comment_2403243

    Don't start playing up. You called someone nothing but a brown rank. You're telling me that wasn't a insult. Don't play dumb

    *looking from side to side* that was meant as a « don’t try and tell me I don’t know ######### bc my builds work all the way to red » not as an insult to whoever is brown. But yeah if you’re brown rank you know less. What do you want me to say ?

  • @pseudechis said:

    I think the expectation that survivors should play injured shows that the cost of being injured isn't high enough.

    I’m pretty sure the salt is coming from the fact they actually die a lot. I think it’s high enough idk why you’d want to be injured during a chase. Sure resilience helps…but the whole game and whole squad ? No.

  • If solo q players leveled up dwight instead of claudette, everybody would be better off for it. but it does have its uses

  • @ciara1999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403253#Comment_2403253

    Run a poll and you'll be surprised that the majority does not agree with you on self care. Instead of wasting 2 perk slots just for healing. Run 2 perks that'll stop you getting injured in the first place. Goodnight

    I said multiple times I don’t use it myself. And I explained multiple times why. Also, you WILL get injured…should we do a custom match ?

  • @lauraa said:

    If solo q players leveled up dwight instead of claudette, everybody would be better off for it. but it does have its uses

    Tbf ppl would just start running blindness hex more if that was the case. And only 1 prove thyself is needed or 2 at best.

  • @OrionQc24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403251#Comment_2403251

    I’m pretty sure the salt is coming from the fact they actually die a lot. I think it’s high enough idk why you’d want to be injured during a chase.

    Yeah I get that, but the number of injured survivors I see jump straight back on gens is really high. Even if you are there and can heal them they often don't want it.

    Either people are so cocky about their ability to escape the killer they don't bother or they can escape the killer easily enough that the time spent healing is more of a threat than a down and that's a problem.

    I've often thought just being injured should slow you down a lil but with how the mechanics of this game work its probably to oppressive to work like that.

  • Pls le

    @ciara1999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403260#Comment_2403260

    Exactly, just running bond is better Than running self care

    Pls lets do a match with your SWF group…

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403257#Comment_2403257

    Yeah I get that, but the number of injured survivors I see jump straight back on gens is really high. Even if you are there and can heal them they often don't want it.

    Either people are so cocky about their ability to escape the killer they don't bother or they can escape the killer easily enough that the time spent healing is more of a threat than a down and that's a problem.

    I've often thought just being injured should slow you down a lil but with how the mechanics of this game work its probably to oppressive to work like that.

    I don’t think it’s true for a simple reason. Then why aren’t they running No mitter ? and why is that one random guy running it always the first death ?

    Ppl need to heal and again as I mentioned earlier; This is a basic perk to rise through bronze.

  • @ciara1999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403268#Comment_2403268

    I'm solo queue survivor and I don't rely on crutch perks to see me through my games. Why don't you give it a rest you little keyboard warrior

    I’m on my phone xD and oh now it’s « crutch perks » okay okay ttyl xD

  • @OrionQc24 said:

    Just to help ppl maybe see that perk under a new light;

    selfcare + botany knowledge+ iron will + resilience = this build revolves around looping. If you enjoy being in a chase this is for you! Basically you selfcare any time you have two seconds (after pallets, after vaulting, during mind games, etc.)

    selfcare + bite the bullet + spine chill + desperate measures = this one is for immersed players that want to be altruistic. Alternatively you can use "we’ll make it" but it doesn’t benefit you. With bite the bullet instead of iron will you can be just around the corner healing in plain sight without getting noticed. A lot of killer use headsets and rely more on sound than even scratch marks and you’ll become accutely aware of them.

    Note: Now…this perk isn’t designed to be as good or situational as some others. It is from your basic kit so it’s basic and I feel that’s what a lot of ppl don’t understand about it. Obviously you don’t bring that or very rarely in a red rank match but it’s completely fine in bronze where everyone is still learning the BASICS

    Desperate measures doesn't benefit you.

  • oh does it not ? Still useful for fast unhook tho. And tbf I usually go for We’ll make it.

  • Its a weird interaction I'm still not sure if it actually does or not but I do not believe so as I ran

    Botany + self care + resiliance + desperate measures

    and the percentage increase should be 56% so you heal 6% faster however when I used SC it still came out to 19 seconds so I don't believe it does and if it does have an effect its very minimal or decreased.

  • Free starter perk that gets used badly at red ranks still. If people are playing like "starters" they shouldnt be at red ranks.

‹ 1 2