Why is “respect the 4%” a thing?
I had a game recently on the corn fields where a guy was hooked, I was chasing the last person down, and he Kobe’d off. They had only a smidgen of one gen left to do, so before I could even pick the person up I’d downed, he completed it, and got Adrenaline to get back to fully healed.
So instead of picking the person up, I went towards the gen that popped. I eventually caught him, downed him, and hooked him again. They all died, 4 player SWF, and after the match they invite me to an XBL party and proceed to ######### on me for not “respecting the 4%”.
Depending on how a game is going, if I see someone 4%, I might not chase them. But to what end are you supposed to reward survivors for being lucky? He didn’t get tunneled, he even got back to full health. Am I supposed to let him heal and escape?
I’ve played over 1,000 hours, mostly killer, and there are a lot of just plain stupid unwritten rules survivors have, but this one is the most bizarre to me.
So instead of picking the person up, I went towards the gen that popped. I eventually caught him, downed him, and hooked him again. They all died, 4 player SWF, and after the match they invite me to an XBL party and proceed to ######### on me for not “respecting the 4%”.
Depending on how a game is going, if I see someone 4%, I might not chase them. But to what end are you supposed to reward survivors for being lucky? He didn’t get tunneled, he even got back to full health. Am I supposed to let him heal and escape?
I’ve played over 1,000 hours, mostly killer, and there are a lot of just plain stupid unwritten rules survivors have, but this one is the most bizarre to me.
Comments
Because BT, DS, and a possible hatch are not enough free escapes
I tend to do the same thing you did. If I happen to see someone kick flip off a hook I'ma let them get a head start if others are still alive.
Now this is just me, but if they kobe and they are the last ones left I let them go.
I don't expect anyone else to do it, it's just a me thing.
Sorry but survivors do way more dickish things than killers. Idc if you kobe. You're goin back on that hook if you're dumb enough to kobe in front of me
Nothing says you have to respect the 4%. But it's sort of like camping, of course you can do it, but don't expect not to be called out for it.
Killers job is to kill. Not to let someone away because they decided to try jumping off the hook. If you chose to do that then fair enough but don't expect me to let you go. Maybe if Survivors stopped being complete asses during games Killers might be a little more willing to be nice..Just sayin.
yes but you know, it's like a real life thing, i can insult you, humilliate you, bully you, etc. But if you do it to me you're a jerk and all that.
It's easier for them to be jerks, laugh at the killer, and if the killer retaliates and make them pay, they're not jerks, the killer is.
I just kill everyone i can tbh, i could give less of a sh*t about unspoken rules, xD
My point was just that survivors feel like they can act however they want within a game and then get treated with respect. At the end of the day, this is a PvP Competitive game. I don't play CoD and say "Don't shot me, I dodged your bullet that first time"
A killers job is to kill. Do whatever it takes. Although, whenever someone does 4% off next to me I have to wait about 7 seconds before I can do anything....
I normally try to respect the 4% just because I can, but if they get adrenaline and get fully healed then its fair game.
I respect the 4%.
There is one thing to remember.
You are the killer. YOU make the rules. They have to play with those rules set.
A killer is a good killer if they can kill.
A survivor is a good survivor if they can survive.
If they die due to the killer killing them, then they have done a bad job at surviving and the killer has done a good job killing them. I fail to see how some people have these "un-written rules" for themselves that apparently everyone else has to follow. It's childish.
I never respect the 4%. You Kobe’D good for you I’m not letting you get a free escape just for jumping off the hook. Killer main here lol
play the game how YOU want and not how others say you have to. you wanna reward that 4% luck then its up to you. personally i take it on a game by game situation. if the person who got the 4% luck done nothing but loop or stupid crap like that then i won't let them go. if they were generally helping there team mates, i will let then go. simples
If I respect the 4%, something happened in that game to put me in the mood to do so.
Otherwise, expect no mercy. Nobody is entitled to anything, myself included.
Hell NO!
Especially now with a SV Perk like Deliverance in the game.
You jump off while I'm near? I try to get you back on the hook.
You jump off while I'm far away? Good for you... But I still will try to get you back on the hook.
As for the other "Rules"... how about
Don't looping
Don't gen-rushing
Don't tea-bagging
Don't flashlight
and so on
And probably be a dick afterwards.
No one will remember if you respect the 4%.
Like all made-up rules, it serves to benefit the ones who made it up. In this case, Survivors.
If people honestly expect me to not touch them or their friends at the beginning of a game because the dice rolled in your favor and you jumped off, then you are sadly mistaken.
Meh 4%.
No one does it for me why should i do it for them :chuffed: