Is RPD map not gonna be changed at all?

I'd like to see a percentage of people who genuinely like the map....

So far the only positives people have mentioned about the map is "RE nostalgia" and "it looks pretty"... but what the gameplay itself?

The map is both awful for killers and survivors, and looking "pretty" and "accurate" shouldn't be a priority over gameplay.

Until then I think the best decision when someone uses the offering is just to dc on the loading screen, and if you get it randomly to either DC or go afk.

Comments

  • I usually play about a minute to see how it goes, and then I let the killer kill me becuz of how boring the gameplay is on that map. I collect the very few bp that I can get

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Well it's a licensed map that looks similar to RE2, BHVR did his job. It's a lot harder than other maps, you can easily get lost but it's something and I find it challenging besides that it looks great.

    People should adapt new stuff imo. , indeed before the map was crashing and it was a reason to dislike the map but right now... it does work good.

    BHVR doing it's job would be making it good for DBD gameplay. It's not adapted, at all.

  • I hope it doesn’t. I love the map.

  • Five years of complaining about Haddonfield and they haven't changed a thing. What chance do you think RPD has?

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Five years of complaining about Haddonfield and they haven't changed a thing. What chance do you think RPD has?

    I'm hoping since that's an old map theyre going to rework it for the better.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394782#Comment_2394782

    You cannot change the map just for DbD and destroy its look from Resident Evil, that's just not how it works since is also licensed. They did adapted some stuff and added loops and things. Now it's your job to learn the map layout and get used

    And if you have a game, you should consider gameplay above things being "pretty". That's how game design works.

  • From a gameplay perspective it really isn't bad. I've seen 'good players' play on it and make horrible extremely obvious misplays and blame the map being too confusing so I honestly think its just band wagoning atm. What they COULD do at most is close up a couple rooms, block off some halls, and block or move the window vault in the office near the entrance.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    From a gameplay perspective it really isn't bad. I've seen 'good players' play on it and make horrible extremely obvious misplays and blame the map being too confusing so I honestly think its just band wagoning atm. What they COULD do at most is close up a couple rooms, block off some halls, and block or move the window vault in the office near the entrance.

    That "at most" would already be a big improvement imo

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394818#Comment_2394818

    The maze like fits Resident Evil games, if you've played the games... even the newer ones you get lost and I feel like that's important to represent the game franchise. Even if is not really fitting DbD, it's a fresh air that seems to be very interested played right now... a new type of map

    You're on the DBD forums. It fits the Resident Evil games, which aren't like Dead By Daylight.

    It's like me adding the minecraft map to DBD and saying it's fine because it represents minecraft.

  • no we just have to learn the map :(

    also good doc map

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394837#Comment_2394837

    Honestly, to me it feels like you're in denial to get used to new stuff in DbD. You want the same type of map all the time and if is something new, possibly harder... that's a problem.

    I personally enjoy the map.,

    I'm at 4,580 hours. I'm well used to having new things in DBD. RPD map layout just doesn't fit DBD gameplay.

  • I've only been on it successfully (without the game crashing) 3 times. It looks amazing. I really like the music, and the ambience etc. But holy crap is it ever a maze. I even had a map, and there can be a generator directly above me, and it takes 3 minutes to find out how to get it.

    I'm a bit confused that it has so many dead end rooms with nothing in them (not even a locker). I've also been left to go to struggle on the hook because people can't figure out how to get to me LOL.


    The most surprising thing the other day, the hatch spawned on the top floor. In every other indoor map, it only spawns on the bottom floor, right? At the most the stairs platform on Midwich. If the hatch can spawn literally anywhere on the RCPD map, in any nook and cranny, that might be some sort of Hellscape for the last survivor lol.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    I've only been on it successfully (without the game crashing) 3 times. It looks amazing. I really like the music, and the ambience etc. But holy crap is it ever a maze. I even had a map, and there can be a generator directly above me, and it takes 3 minutes to find out how to get it.

    I'm a bit confused that it has so many dead end rooms with nothing in them (not even a locker). I've also been left to go to struggle on the hook because people can't figure out how to get to me LOL.

    The most surprising thing the other day, the hatch spawned on the top floor. In every other indoor map, it only spawns on the bottom floor, right? At the most the stairs platform on Midwich. If the hatch can spawn literally anywhere on the RCPD map, is any nook and cranny, that might be some sort of Hellscape for the last survivor lol.

    I've also been left to second stage because people could not find the basement. They said there was a wall in the way and they had to almost go around the whole map just to get there.

    It is also a nightmare against pig with the head traps.

  • Is the map offering back?

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Is the map offering back?

    It is.

  • Playing Blight, Billy, and Trickster on RPD has been the most painful experiences in DBD.

    It's not that I'm not used to it, it's that it's so damn hard to use your power as those killers in that map.

    I'm afraid we're going to have to deal with it.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394857#Comment_2394857

    I've also been left to second stage because people could not find the basement. They said there was a wall in the way and they had to almost go around the whole map just to get there.

    It is also a nightmare against pig with the head traps.

    Exactly. There are so many dead ends that weren't thought through maybe. It sucks being directly beside someone on the hook, but separated by a wall, yet there is no way to get to them in any reasonable amount of time because you have to run down the hall, down fire escapes etc.

    Pig would be a nightmare on that map.

  • It's licensed map, so I wouldn't expect anything soon. Maybe in 3 or 4 years. Enjoy!

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394818#Comment_2394818

    That "at most" would already be a big improvement imo

    Yeah I agree that it does need changes but I think what some people suggest (splitting the map in half for example) would really just make the situation a WHOLE lot worse. It really only needs a couple tweaks to be fine.

  • Playing trickster on this map is impossible with the new 10 second laceration decay it's insane

  • What I've been told is the map is fine. you just have to stop whining and learn the layout. I'm open to it. I don't enjoy it, but I'm open to it.


    Changed my mind, 3 infinites and at least 2 spots you cannot hook survivors, this map is bad.

  • RPD is one of my favourite maps. It's so chaotic which makes it so much fun.

  • "Until then I think the best decision when someone uses the offering is just to dc on the loading screen, and if you get it randomly to either DC or go afk."

    You know It's against forum conduct to encourage unsportsmanship behavior like this, right?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394837#Comment_2394837

    Honestly, to me it feels like you're in denial to get used to new stuff in DbD. You want the same type of map all the time and if is something new, possibly harder... that's a problem.

    I personally enjoy the map.,

    I feel like you're the guy who spent 4 hours trying to cram the square block into the round hole.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I'd like to see a percentage of people who genuinely like the map....

    So far the only positives people have mentioned about the map is "RE nostalgia" and "it looks pretty"... but what the gameplay itself?

    The map is both awful for killers and survivors, and looking "pretty" and "accurate" shouldn't be a priority over gameplay.

    Until then I think the best decision when someone uses the offering is just to dc on the loading screen, and if you get it randomly to either DC or go afk.

    I genuinely like the map. The field area isn't as big as the map itself. The tight corridors and compartmentalized loops are alot of fun.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I'd like to see a percentage of people who genuinely like the map....

    So far the only positives people have mentioned about the map is "RE nostalgia" and "it looks pretty"... but what the gameplay itself?

    The map is both awful for killers and survivors, and looking "pretty" and "accurate" shouldn't be a priority over gameplay.

    Until then I think the best decision when someone uses the offering is just to dc on the loading screen, and if you get it randomly to either DC or go afk.

    Licensed maps are almost never changed cause they have to renegotiate parts of the rights, so no it likely won't be changed for years.

    You either got to get used to it, or just dc, eat the penalty, and move on.

  • Yeah I agree that the attention to detail is amazing, but the reason why the RPD map was huge in Resident Evil 2 is so that it gave you plenty of room to run away from Mr. X. Copying and pasting the same map for a multiplayer game however is a terrible idea. The sheer amount of distance you have to cross is not only incredibly expansive, but you have to do it across multiple floors.