When will we have the next killer reworked?

It's very early, but I want to know who is the candidate to receive a rework to his power or a buff to a killer that really needs it.

Comments

  • I hope it's Trapper.

    I want faster setting speed and be able to start with and carry 3 traps as base kit. With how large the maps are, how bright and clear the ground is, it's getting more and more tedious to play him.

  • They said in the anniversary stream they are focusing on fine tuning newly released killers instead of reworking older ones.. so don’t expect any major reworks in the next months.

    probably addon passes for Myers and Pig though

  • Let's speculate on who it could be:

    My first candidate would be the Twins and here's why:

    Back in early July, a Hotfix came out that changed some of The Twins' add-on descriptions:

    image.png image.png

    (btw the add-ons descripted as "OLD" and "NEW" are the other way around)

    At first, many people including @ManWithALemon thought this was a shadow-nerf to The Twins, as the developers didn't announce anything regarding changes to The Twins and these add-ons, especially the 'Drop of perfume' add-on which serves no purpose to The Twins.

    However after deeper research, @ManWithALemon concluded that this must be another case of Clown's party bottle add-on leak which hinted at his rework. From the wording of these add-ons and how useless they are, it's theorised that we could be seeing some Artifical Intelligence (similar to The Nemesis' zombies) added to Victor.

    My second/third likely candidates are Pig and Myers:

    Earlier on I commented on @bedlord's post stating that Pig and Myers were expected to receive an add-on pass in the future:

    image.png

    Although Pig's power may remain the same, Myers's power may get some changes.

  • I'm not expecting much.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    I hope it's Trapper.

    I want faster setting speed and be able to start with and carry 3 traps as base kit. With how large the maps are, how bright and clear the ground is, it's getting more and more tedious to play him.

    to be honest, as much as I don't disagree Trapper needs some love, Nemesis is currently in an odd state where he's demodoggo without the leap. Just the reach.

  • @SonicOffline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2393159#Comment_2393159

    to be honest, as much as I don't disagree Trapper needs some love, Nemesis is currently in an odd state where he's demodoggo without the leap. Just the reach.

    Yea, I didn't purchase him because he doesn't really look interesting or unique enough, so I don't really know who good he is. I do know, he will get a dev pass not too long into the future. Every killer gets tweaked not long after their release, just look at Blight, Twins and Trickster.

  • Hopefully, never. The word "rework" makes me sick, it makes me wanna puke.

    The only killer who needs a rework is Freddy, so we can get rid of his boring new power. The others could use numerical buffs or maybe a few QoL changes.

  • I mean, they come with chapters or mid chapters.

    I'm expecting Myers to come next mid-chapter, and I hope some of my feedback has made it in.

  • I hope Trapper. Because i really love this boi. But he is pretty weak. He needs some serious loves.

  • @Predated said:

    I mean, they come with chapters or mid chapters.

    I'm expecting Myers to come next mid-chapter, and I hope some of my feedback has made it in.

    Next mid chapter will be Nemesis. They’ve already stated that their future plans are:

    • release chapter
    • focus on any urgent hot fixes
    • monitor killer performance till following chapter.
    • Make adjustments/changes to killer by that mid chapter.
  • Yeah old killers will get stuck in the trash....gotta fix the money makers with mid-chapters. So good luck to Legion, Trapper, Pig and Myers...... those killers might get some looking at in 5 more years if the game is still alive. Also don't think that just because a map is getting updated the killer will great tweaked....The Game got updated and the devs did ######### all for Pig.

  • I've heard rumors that Legion is the next killer to get reworked, with Trapper behind them. Keep in mind I could be completely wrong on that.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2393393#Comment_2393393

    Next mid chapter will be Nemesis. They’ve already stated that their future plans are:

    • release chapter
    • focus on any urgent hot fixes
    • monitor killer performance till following chapter.
    • Make adjustments/changes to killer by that mid chapter.

    To be fair, they didnt really announce the Freddy and Huntress changes while they were working on Twins and Demogorgon. Considering Myers is the last killer with outdated addon rarities, I am fairly certain his changes will come sooner rather than later.

  • Hopefully the next rework doesn't take a fun killer and gut their power.

    I'm looking at you, hillbilly and nurse

  • Twins or Trapper maybe ? I hope !

    Devs already wasted so much time with the mistake called trickster.

  • My wishlist:

    • Trapper rework

    • Myers rework (?) and add-on pass

    • Pig add-on pass


    After that I'm not really sure what other killers need help other than Twins and Trickster needing more fine tuning.

  • @Elena said:

    Let's speculate on who it could be:

    My first candidate would be the Twins and here's why:

    Back in early July, a Hotfix came out that changed some of The Twins' add-on descriptions:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3VV29GDF0M82/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YWG09AS18F46/image.png

    (btw the add-ons descripted as "OLD" and "NEW" are the other way around)

    At first, many people including @ManWithALemon thought this was a shadow-nerf to The Twins, as the developers didn't announce anything regarding changes to The Twins and these add-ons, especially the 'Drop of perfume' add-on which serves no purpose to The Twins.

    However after deeper research, @ManWithALemon concluded that this must be another case of Clown's party bottle add-on leak which hinted at his rework. From the wording of these add-ons and how useless they are, it's theorised that we could be seeing some Artifical Intelligence (similar to The Nemesis' zombies) added to Victor.

    My second/third likely candidates are Pig and Myers:

    Earlier on I commented on @bedlord's post stating that Pig and Myers were expected to receive an add-on pass in the future:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7UVTXQ868UVY/image.png

    Although Pig's power may remain the same, Myers's power may get some changes.

    If Twins do get some AI addition I wonder how it would work? Possibly, if you are controlling either one and then get far enough away they start roaming around on their own?

  • @GeneralV said:

    Hopefully, never. The word "rework" makes me sick, it makes me wanna puke.

    The only killer who needs a rework is Freddy, so we can get rid of his boring new power. The others could use numerical buffs or maybe a few QoL changes.

    Cough Legion Cough

  • @Elena said:

    Let's speculate on who it could be:

    My first candidate would be the Twins and here's why:

    Back in early July, a Hotfix came out that changed some of The Twins' add-on descriptions:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3VV29GDF0M82/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YWG09AS18F46/image.png

    (btw the add-ons descripted as "OLD" and "NEW" are the other way around)

    At first, many people including @ManWithALemon thought this was a shadow-nerf to The Twins, as the developers didn't announce anything regarding changes to The Twins and these add-ons, especially the 'Drop of perfume' add-on which serves no purpose to The Twins.

    However after deeper research, @ManWithALemon concluded that this must be another case of Clown's party bottle add-on leak which hinted at his rework. From the wording of these add-ons and how useless they are, it's theorised that we could be seeing some Artifical Intelligence (similar to The Nemesis' zombies) added to Victor.

    My second/third likely candidates are Pig and Myers:

    Earlier on I commented on @bedlord's post stating that Pig and Myers were expected to receive an add-on pass in the future:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7UVTXQ868UVY/image.png

    Although Pig's power may remain the same, Myers's power may get some changes.

    There is no way they really believe pig is that good of a killer. Her terror radius was unfairly increased and her ambush grunts are awful. Wraith does her entire gig better with more utility

  • Fair enough, if that is your opinion, my friend.

    However, I don't mind that much Legion's current power. It certainly is more manageable than his first one.

  • I don't think any killer needs a rework. To rework any older killer at this point would send players on a riot as it will likely gut everything we loved about them in the first place. I think not a rework but massive fine tuning of numbers or adding something new to their kit would be the best course of action.

    Hillbilly chainsaw overheat is a good example whether it was bad or not, it was an interesting and new thing unseen in any other killers kit.

    I don't want reworks, I want new interesting mechanics for new and older killers. Freddy's reworks was just a bunch of other killer mechanics already seen put into one killer, a terrible rework. Switching out Doctors passive for static blast has made him one of favorite killers to play

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418356#Comment_2418356

    Fair enough, if that is your opinion, my friend.

    However, I don't mind that much Legion's current power. It certainly is more manageable than his first one.

    It’s too boring and weak in my opinion. I mean you run around and stab people a little quicker.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418450#Comment_2418450

    It’s too boring and weak in my opinion. I mean you run around and stab people a little quicker.

    Well, it is certainly not the best.