Decisive strike

So after it got nerfed in the trickster chapter, I RARELY saw people run it in my matches. But now I think I see at least 2 maybe 3 people run it now. Pretty interesting but I figured it would happen again eventually.

Comments

  • They should run it, frankly.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    They should run it, frankly.

    I mean yeah, I do.

  • That's to be expected.

    People saw the DS nerf,thought it was useless now and stopped running it.Killers noticed that and tunneling increased,which is why survivors started to use DS again

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    That's to be expected.

    People saw the DS nerf,thought it was useless now and stopped running it.Killers noticed that and tunneling increased,which is why survivors started to use DS again

    I thought the same thing.

  • I use it every match, if killers want to be greedy and chase after me straight off the hook they can have DS. 😊😊😊

  • You have to run DS. If the Killer noticed that you dont have it after your first Unhook, you will just get tunneled afterwards.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    You have to run DS. If the Killer noticed that you dont have it after your first Unhook, you will just get tunneled afterwards.

    It’s a must in solo q.

  • DS isn't necessary if you run proactive perks like sprint burst or spine chill.

    DS is for reactive play styles that tend to focus on smashing out gens with complete disregard to patrols, especially at the beginning of the trial.

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    DS isn't necessary if you run proactive perks like sprint burst or spine chill.

    DS is for reactive play styles that tend to focus on smashing out gens with complete disregard to patrols, especially at the beginning of the trial.

    I have to use it in solo q because of the countless teammates that unhook me in front of the killer without BT.

  • Same here. I usually run DS but I rarely see others using it. I don't want to use it. But whenever I take it off, I get tunneled instantly xd

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    Same here. I usually run DS but I rarely see others using it. I don't want to use it. But whenever I take it off, I get tunneled instantly xd

    Haha same here.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390082#Comment_2390082

    I have to use it in solo q because of the countless teammates that unhook me in front of the killer without BT.

    Are you in a weird rank or something? Most higher ranked survivors won't typically do that to me during my solo queues.

    @Kira4Evr said:

    Same here. I usually run DS but I rarely see others using it. I don't want to use it. But whenever I take it off, I get tunneled instantly xd

    DS prompts tunneling to death.

  • Have to disagree with you guys. I haven't used DS since the nerf and I still escape most of the time. When I do get tunneled, smart Killers will slug me anyway. Just my experience, but when I do run DS, it often goes unused. I prefer perks that give consistent value every match instead.

  • Well, yeah, it still can be abused to bully the killer by jumping in lockers in front of him, since they didn't make lockers deactivate DS for some reason.

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390086#Comment_2390086

    Are you in a weird rank or something? Most higher ranked survivors won't typically do that to me during my solo queues.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390088#Comment_2390088

    DS prompts tunneling to death.

    Purple ranks

  • Now a days ds feels mandatory to use

  • @Junylar said:

    Well, yeah, it still can be abused to bully the killer by jumping in lockers in front of him, since they didn't make lockers deactivate DS for some reason.

    I do this myself but not to bully, only if i’m on death hook.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    That's to be expected.

    People saw the DS nerf,thought it was useless now and stopped running it.Killers noticed that and tunneling increased,which is why survivors started to use DS again

    Which is why I never stopped using it, even after the nerf became there's still loopholes to keeping it active while progressing the game. Conditions don't account for everything.

    When I get unhooked, the rescuer can heal me without deactivating DS. If the killer comes back, I still have it handy.

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    DS isn't necessary if you run proactive perks like sprint burst or spine chill.

    DS is for reactive play styles that tend to focus on smashing out gens with complete disregard to patrols, especially at the beginning of the trial.

    Agree with you. I usually run Spine Chill and Kindred, and the information you get lets you make smart choices to avoid being tunneled in the first place. Most of the time, anyway.

  • @Ghoste said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390082#Comment_2390082

    Agree with you. I usually run Spine Chill and Kindred, and the information you get lets you make smart choices to avoid being tunneled in the first place. Most of the time, anyway.

    Kindred is much better insurance for team than DS. I forget about kindred until it shows up, it's almost pleasant lol as if the hooked survivor is politely asking to be unhooked safely.

    Easy to oblige.

  • Yea that would be why lol. Green ranks are the best ranks and they know how to party and play hard. Red ranks are sweaty and try very hard. Purple ranks are very complicated people with complicated needs.

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390097#Comment_2390097

    Yea that would be why lol. Green ranks are the best ranks and they know how to party and play hard. Red ranks are sweaty and try very hard. Purple ranks are very complicated people with complicated needs.

    I don’t know if it matters what ranks you’re in because red rank teammates do it too. That’s just me.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    You have to run DS. If the Killer noticed that you dont have it after your first Unhook, you will just get tunneled afterwards.

    You're probably gonna get tunneled either way. If you use DS the killer knows that he can just tunnel you down again after your next unhook and he won't have to worry about the perk. DS is a pretty crappy perk in my opinion. It needs to work on both unhooks and I'd use it more.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390072#Comment_2390072

    You're probably gonna get tunneled either way. If you use DS the killer knows that he can just tunnel you down again after your next unhook and he won't have to worry about the perk. DS is a pretty crappy perk in my opinion. It needs to work on both unhooks and I'd use it more.

    Sure, but at least you might buy some time. But of course, against the strongest Killer, DS is a Joke. You get around 15 meters of distant (since 1,3 seconds of the 5 second stun are used for the animation), a Nurse, Spirit or Blight catch up in no-time.

    DS should really get its Anti-Tunnel aspect buffed, however, Killers start to hyperventilent if they hear "DS-Buff", despite them not tunneling (at least I always see people claiming that they dont tunnel, despite seeing the opposite in the game).

  • Real chads do not use DS.

  • @Junylar said:

    Well, yeah, it still can be abused to bully the killer by jumping in lockers in front of him, since they didn't make lockers deactivate DS for some reason.

    That's not bullying. Your still being tunneled regardless of if you got downed and picked up or grabbed