Getting robbed of my pallet hits.

In a single match i've got a hit through a pallet 3 times and saw the survivor down but the game decides that nah, let's give him another chance. I don't know what hit validation have they changed in this patch but AT LEAST don't show on my screen that i have downed the survivor for instants later have him be up again not only making me frustrated but losing chase distance because i thought he was down. Now you don't only get robbed of grabs, you apparently get robbed of hits too.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @eleventbh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391589#Comment_2391589

    It's fixed for both sides. Don't see why you think not getting free hits is screwing anyone over. Maybe don't screw the person with better ping over instead.

    It also punishes players with good pings from time to time and killers still get hit by pallets from miles away.


    And i got a ping of 20.

  • @pandorayr said:

    devs should be improve "hit validation" the patch is horrible and benefits only survivors.

    They moved the validation from killer to the server, so in a sense yes, it benefits the survivors. But they are taking away only the unfair advantage from the killer. Now it is decided on server side, not on killer side if the pallet stun should take effect.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391633#Comment_2391633

    It also punishes players with good pings from time to time and killers still get hit by pallets from miles away.

    And i got a ping of 20.

    Before the change it was decided like if the killer had 0 latency. To block a hit with a pallet the survivor had to deal with the sum of both survivor and killer latency. So it is easy to see it was unfair to the survivors.

    Now it is decided on the sever, so survivors are affected only by their own latency, and also killers by their own.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391908#Comment_2391908

    Before the change it was decided like if the killer had 0 latency. To block a hit with a pallet the survivor had to deal with the sum of both survivor and killer latency. So it is easy to see it was unfair to the survivors.

    Now it is decided on the sever, so survivors are affected only by their own latency, and also killers by their own.

    i know how it works and dont get me wrong, i am extremly happy about that change.


    But it still is implementet poorly since me and many others who got really good pings still get hits denied.

    This didnt happened with dropping pallets for me tho, but if survivors VAULT pallets and i clearly hit them i still get the hit denied. And like i said, i have a ping of 20.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391989#Comment_2391989

    i know how it works and dont get me wrong, i am extremly happy about that change.

    But it still is implementet poorly since me and many others who got really good pings still get hits denied.

    This didnt happened with dropping pallets for me tho, but if survivors VAULT pallets and i clearly hit them i still get the hit denied. And like i said, i have a ping of 20.

    What is the ping of the survivor? Maybe they also have good ping.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2392047#Comment_2392047

    What is the ping of the survivor? Maybe they also have good ping.

    I dont pay that much attention but they usally got a ping around 60 i think.

  • Jokes on the survivors because I play spirit. It's a 50/50 at the pallet regardless of if you wanna guess or not lol.

  • I love this change, it's very healthy for the game. I have always had great ping in my 3 years of playing and just took hitting survivors through pallets for granted and used to get at least 3 downs a game like that. Not anymore. For the people saying it affects killer more, so? I still got a 4K in 7/9 of the games I played yesterday at Rank 3 killer with Wraith and Clown. If you need a broken mechanic to have fun at this game you are the problem not the devs.


    On the flip side killer still has heavy priority at window vaults and pallet vaults so feel free to abuse those. I sure do.

  • @vacaman said:

    In a single match i've got a hit through a pallet 3 times and saw the survivor down but the game decides that nah, let's give him another chance. I don't know what hit validation have they changed in this patch but AT LEAST don't show on my screen that i have downed the survivor for instants later have him be up again not only making me frustrated but losing chase distance because i thought he was down. Now you don't only get robbed of grabs, you apparently get robbed of hits too.

    This was the final straw for me. If you’re not ranged and play meta perks you can’t win. I get hit with pallets when I’m literally feet away from them. Love playing ghost face or Myers and hit someone exposed at a pallet or vault and they scream and keep running. I’ve been trying to reduce my play time since I play 5+ hours a day and this update 110% made me lose interest.

  • @drpynz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/268935/getting-robbed-of-my-pallet-hits

    This was the final straw for me. If you’re not ranged and play meta perks you can’t win. I get hit with pallets when I’m literally feet away from them. Love playing ghost face or Myers and hit someone exposed at a pallet or vault and they scream and keep running. I’ve been trying to reduce my play time since I play 5+ hours a day and this update 110% made me lose interest.

    I don't understand why people are saying "if you needed this to play Killer you suck" or whatever, it's completely not what the problem is about.

    THE PROBLEM, is that as Killer you are playing with the feedback GIVEN to you from the game, so if I am IN REACH for a hit and I LAND that hit successfully, and the game even gives me the feedback that I was in range, successful, survivor screams, etc etc.. then WHAT else could I have done to make sure that the game doesn't now REJECT my hit??

    Like, I'm literally just playing the game normally, on my screen I am landing the hits, and they are getting rejected, constantly, now LUNGES as well not just Pallet hits... what am I supposed to do? How is this fair ?

    I have been playing DBD for 4 years and as you wrote in your message about losing interest, after playing 2 days of Killer since the update I finally think I may have lost interest in playing DBD for good... at least on the Killer side, I might still play SWF... but Killer feels HORRIBLE to play now... it is exactly as the OP said, you are literally being "robbed" hits.

    It doesn't matter if the server says otherwise, YOU as a player see that you are landing the hit, and THEN afterwards it gets rejected. How is that fun or fair?

    It legitimately feels buggy as hell.

    As I mentioned before, AT LEAST FOR SURVIVORS, before the update the Pallet would STILL Stun the Killer.. so they knew that they landed the stun successfully, which would still end up wasting some of the killers time, being stunned by the pallet and often kicking and breaking the pallet before picking the Survivor up.. the Survivors got something out of it at least - it WAS more fair..

    Now it's literally just completely Unfair for Killers and Survivor Sided pretty much 100% of the time, maybe I don't have good ping when I play despite paying for the fastest internet speeds that COX has to offer in downtown san diego, because I play at around 100-120ms ping on average usually, but so far Survivor has been favored 100% of the time since this update they just seem to loop like gods and abuse the changes.

  • This "Stun Validation" is garbage.

    I hit a David with my Chainsaw, I heard his scream, I saw the blood and he just walked away as if nothing had happened. This isn't fair.

    He messed up the timing, therefore he is the one who deserves to get punished. Not me.

  • @GeneralV said:

    This "Stun Validation" is garbage.

    I hit a David with my Chainsaw, I heard his scream, I saw the blood and he just walked away as if nothing had happened. This isn't fair.

    He messed up the timing, therefore he is the one who deserves to get punished. Not me.

    I hit the same guy 5 times through a pallet on my screen him being injured and not once did it connect. I play on 60-70ms,like it literally doesn't even matter anymore. This is how it's gonna be from now on prob very unfortunate.

  • I'm just going to say to killers what others have been saying to survivors.

    It's latency

  • I dont mind not getting the hit anymore but please fix the hit noise so it doesnt occur if the hit is rejected. So weird to hear a hit and scream and then seeing them running away. Fix the hit noise and its all good.

  • I love it when you hear the survivor scream and fall to the ground only to stand up again because the game said no. Laggy killer especially those Wraiths should be punished but being denied a hit on a good connection is disguSTANG.

  • @vacaman said:

    In a single match i've got a hit through a pallet 3 times and saw the survivor down but the game decides that nah, let's give him another chance. I don't know what hit validation have they changed in this patch but AT LEAST don't show on my screen that i have downed the survivor for instants later have him be up again not only making me frustrated but losing chase distance because i thought he was down. Now you don't only get robbed of grabs, you apparently get robbed of hits too.

    Imo its complete bs and performance issue shouldve been the main focus of the update

  • @ReviloDBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2392340#Comment_2392340

    I don't understand why people are saying "if you needed this to play Killer you suck" or whatever, it's completely not what the problem is about.

    THE PROBLEM, is that as Killer you are playing with the feedback GIVEN to you from the game, so if I am IN REACH for a hit and I LAND that hit successfully, and the game even gives me the feedback that I was in range, successful, survivor screams, etc etc.. then WHAT else could I have done to make sure that the game doesn't now REJECT my hit??

    Like, I'm literally just playing the game normally, on my screen I am landing the hits, and they are getting rejected, constantly, now LUNGES as well not just Pallet hits... what am I supposed to do? How is this fair ?

    I have been playing DBD for 4 years and as you wrote in your message about losing interest, after playing 2 days of Killer since the update I finally think I may have lost interest in playing DBD for good... at least on the Killer side, I might still play SWF... but Killer feels HORRIBLE to play now... it is exactly as the OP said, you are literally being "robbed" hits.

    It doesn't matter if the server says otherwise, YOU as a player see that you are landing the hit, and THEN afterwards it gets rejected. How is that fun or fair?

    It legitimately feels buggy as hell.

    As I mentioned before, AT LEAST FOR SURVIVORS, before the update the Pallet would STILL Stun the Killer.. so they knew that they landed the stun successfully, which would still end up wasting some of the killers time, being stunned by the pallet and often kicking and breaking the pallet before picking the Survivor up.. the Survivors got something out of it at least - it WAS more fair..

    Now it's literally just completely Unfair for Killers and Survivor Sided pretty much 100% of the time, maybe I don't have good ping when I play despite paying for the fastest internet speeds that COX has to offer in downtown san diego, because I play at around 100-120ms ping on average usually, but so far Survivor has been favored 100% of the time since this update they just seem to loop like gods and abuse the changes.

    Its pure crap. I am with you. I have a long time invested in this game and this is it. I won't be playing killer at all in the near future or possibly ever. It's a big punch in the gut and completely unfair. I hate it.

  • It must suck to have to get used to being on this other side of this for a change.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390273#Comment_2390273

    I agree but I find it funny how it’s been this way for one day and killers are freaking out, when survivors have been through it for years. The role reverse is a nice change.

    Lobby wait times are going to be even funnier for survivors soon😏

  • @Zokenay said:

    Wasnt the change made so its impossible to have the stun and the hit at the same time or something like that? meaning that if you got stunned you dont get the hit, and viceversa

    If anything the "illusion" of the downed survivor is likely just latency

    Idk havent payed much attention to this change

    From what I've experienced, hits through pallets still happen. Well it happens to me a lot still and sometimes when I play Killer.

  • @Harold_Shipman said:

    Previously if the killer had bad ping, they could hit through pallets, and as the hit connected on their screen, and as the distance on the server would have still allowed it (as they were in close proximity to one another) the hit would have been allowed, regardless of how it appeared survivor side.

    Now, my understanding is the server will also check if the killer is stunned before allowing the hit. If the killer is stunned on the server (and therefore, actually stunned) then its no hit.

    The only way to make it so you only see blood/hear the scream would be that the killers client waits for confirmation of the hit from the server before making the necessary sound/animation. This would probably result in noticeable delay between hits and screams though.

    I think that there's a middle ground allow hit sounds to be determined client side, but survivor screams and animations wait for the server. It would be just one or two more frames before the survivor screams. I don't think it would be noticeable and then you wouldn't get people complaining that they heard the survivor scream but they didn't get the hit.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2390506#Comment_2390506

    Lobby wait times are going to be even funnier for survivors soon😏

    They’re literally instant right now lol and have been for months

  • @ReviloDBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2392340#Comment_2392340

    I don't understand why people are saying "if you needed this to play Killer you suck" or whatever, it's completely not what the problem is about.

    THE PROBLEM, is that as Killer you are playing with the feedback GIVEN to you from the game, so if I am IN REACH for a hit and I LAND that hit successfully, and the game even gives me the feedback that I was in range, successful, survivor screams, etc etc.. then WHAT else could I have done to make sure that the game doesn't now REJECT my hit??

    Like, I'm literally just playing the game normally, on my screen I am landing the hits, and they are getting rejected, constantly, now LUNGES as well not just Pallet hits... what am I supposed to do? How is this fair ?

    I have been playing DBD for 4 years and as you wrote in your message about losing interest, after playing 2 days of Killer since the update I finally think I may have lost interest in playing DBD for good... at least on the Killer side, I might still play SWF... but Killer feels HORRIBLE to play now... it is exactly as the OP said, you are literally being "robbed" hits.

    It doesn't matter if the server says otherwise, YOU as a player see that you are landing the hit, and THEN afterwards it gets rejected. How is that fun or fair?

    It legitimately feels buggy as hell.

    As I mentioned before, AT LEAST FOR SURVIVORS, before the update the Pallet would STILL Stun the Killer.. so they knew that they landed the stun successfully, which would still end up wasting some of the killers time, being stunned by the pallet and often kicking and breaking the pallet before picking the Survivor up.. the Survivors got something out of it at least - it WAS more fair..

    Now it's literally just completely Unfair for Killers and Survivor Sided pretty much 100% of the time, maybe I don't have good ping when I play despite paying for the fastest internet speeds that COX has to offer in downtown san diego, because I play at around 100-120ms ping on average usually, but so far Survivor has been favored 100% of the time since this update they just seem to loop like gods and abuse the changes.

    I agree. From a player experience POV, it's horrible, because you literally can't do anything differently. The server is basically deciding that, if you have a slower connection than somebody else, even by a very little bit, the version of the game you're seeing isn't happening -- in reality, both versions of the game are happening, and there's no reason why the one with fastest ping should be considered authoritative.

    I don't think the right solution is to go back to hitting people through pallets, but I do agree that, if you're getting hit through pallets, you at least have the opportunity to pre-throw the pallet as way to try to avoid it. If you're missing hits through pallets, you don't have a lot of options.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    It must suck to have to get used to being on this other side of this for a change.

    You mean be an entitled survivor? Yeah you are right😏

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2393856#Comment_2393856

    They’re literally instant right now lol and have been for months

    Yeah you believe people will stick around instead of saying you know there are less buggy multiplayer games to play that are less biased but sure.

    Do you play killer?

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394101#Comment_2394101

    Yeah you believe people will stick around instead of saying you know there are less buggy multiplayer games to play that are less biased but sure.

    Do you play killer?

    Yes, they will. The game is literally at peak popularity right now, breaking records of players on steam. This is the best spot DBD has ever been in objectively.

    Yes, I do, and it’s extremely entitled for killers to be going on a rampage about pallets when survivors have to deal with worse for years in this regard.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394472#Comment_2394472

    Yes, they will. The game is literally at peak popularity right now, breaking records of players on steam. This is the best spot DBD has ever been in objectively.

    Yes, I do, and it’s extremely entitled for killers to be going on a rampage about pallets when survivors have to deal with worse for years in this regard.

    You are right I am helping new survivors by using this and even put up a thread with some tips. Why not help you new survivors learn and progress this further🤑

    Sorry baby killers you picked the wrong game to play 🤣

1 2 3 ›