Now that no way outs been buffed whats your thoughts on remember me?

No way out now blocks a gate for 60 seconds does activate on hatch shuts and will block the gate once the survivor taps it. Remember me...can make the gate take 30 seconds if its a non obsession. Paired together though ultimate end game build?

Comments

  • Slap a Blood Warden and NOED, and I'd say you'll have nightmare Freddy Krueger himself would be truely proud of!

    It's going to really help the endgame for killers, especially if the survivors were dominant doing gens up to that point.

  • Honestly pretty sad how it's been left in the dirt I would rather use no way out

  • Remember Me should return to its OG version which could go up to 30 seconds. This is not debatable.

  • I don't remember what that perk dose :/

  • @supersonic853 said:

    No way out now blocks a gate for 60 seconds does activate on hatch shuts and will block the gate once the survivor taps it. Remember me...can make the gate take 30 seconds if its a non obsession. Paired together though ultimate end game build?

    What?! NWO activates upon closing of hatch?! Surely that is unintended?!

    The entire reason RM was nerfed was because of how brokenly unfair it would be to last survivor upon hatch closing. Heck, even in RM current state at 4 tokens it 100% guarantees the last survivor cannot escape in time if they aren’t the Obsession.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Remember Me should return to its OG version which could go up to 30 seconds. This is not debatable.

    I’d support that IF it only activated upon 5th gen repair, and not when 1 survivor remains upon closing of hatch.

    NWO currently activating upon hatch close seems like an unintended bug.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2387486#Comment_2387486

    I’d support that IF it only activated upon 5th gen repair, and not when 1 survivor remains upon closing of hatch.

    NWO currently activating upon hatch close seems like an unintended bug.

    As long as it returns to be 30 seconds, I am happy.

  • 20210727_175840.jpg

    Please ignore the cat. I can't do anything about it. Long story, I can't seem to stop posting this cat and trying to delete it does nothing.

    This is a hypothetical buff.

    So, I think Remember me should possibly stay the way it is now, which I know sounds bad to say, but it would be genuinely cruel for a survivor be force to wait out 60 seconds with NWO and a killer who's hard on the gates and probably has NOED.

    Only for you to need to do potentially 30 or 60 seconds or more gate progression to be able to leave the game.

    It shouldn't take 120 or 90 seconds to leave the game, I feel like that's too punishing, but who knows? Just my two cents

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/6P2ENTBB1JXD/20210727-175840.jpg

    Please ignore the cat. I can't do anything about it. Long story, I can't seem to stop posting this cat and trying to delete it does nothing.

    This is a hypothetical buff.

    So, I think Remember me should possibly stay the way it is now, which I know sounds bad to say, but it would be genuinely cruel for a survivor be force to wait out 60 seconds with NWO and a killer who's hard on the gates and probably has NOED.

    Only for you to need to do potentially 30 or 60 seconds or more gate progression to be able to leave the game.

    It shouldn't take 120 or 90 seconds to leave the game, I feel like that's too punishing, but who knows? Just my two cents

    I don’t think extending out the endgame is unhealthy. Killers should feel like there’s a legitimate reason to stay engaged after the 5th gen pops.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2387601#Comment_2387601

    I don’t think extending out the endgame is unhealthy. Killers should feel like there’s a legitimate reason to stay engaged after the 5th gen pops.

    20210727_175840.jpg

    This is genuinely annoying.... I don't know why it's doing this. After this comment I'm gonna log off and see if it's somehow on my end.

    Anyway..

    Well, that's very true. Maybe it could use some love, but something is just biting me saying that it's a bad idea.

    Or maybe, I guess I was just more along the lines of being worried about the last living survivor, but honestly they can just edit the perks so it doesn't work when the hatch closes.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2387607#Comment_2387607

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/VGDIY51D0ZFM/20210727-175840.jpg

    This is genuinely annoying.... I don't know why it's doing this. After this comment I'm gonna log off and see if it's somehow on my end.

    Anyway..

    Well, that's very true. Maybe it could use some love, but something is just biting me saying that it's a bad idea.

    Or maybe, I guess I was just more along the lines of being worried about the last living survivor, but honestly they can just edit the perks so it doesn't work when the hatch closes.

    That’s how I feel. Buff RM but stop it activating upon hatch closure against last survivor

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2387626#Comment_2387626

    That’s how I feel. Buff RM but stop it activating upon hatch closure against last survivor

    Oh thank the God of Bees and Mead! The cat is gone. The solution is to log off and back on, I probably should have just done that from the start.

    Though. I'm not deleting them in case a mod or dev sees it so it can be fixed.

    Anyway, yeah. It would be nice so that sole survivors won't be doomed from the start.

    Though, personally I believe some other less used perks should be buffed before RM, but that's just my unpopular opinion

  • I'm so happy that No Way Out functions how it was supposed to imo. Would be cool to see both Remember Me and Fire Up get some attention.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/268764/now-that-no-way-outs-been-buffed-whats-your-thoughts-on-remember-me

    What?! NWO activates upon closing of hatch?! Surely that is unintended?!

    The entire reason RM was nerfed was because of how brokenly unfair it would be to last survivor upon hatch closing. Heck, even in RM current state at 4 tokens it 100% guarantees the last survivor cannot escape in time if they aren’t the Obsession.

    Nah its gotten the new clause the same as noed where it activates apon the gates being powered instead of 5 gens being completed like it used to be. Which closing the hatch powers the gates.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2387486#Comment_2387486

    I’d support that IF it only activated upon 5th gen repair, and not when 1 survivor remains upon closing of hatch.

    NWO currently activating upon hatch close seems like an unintended bug.

    It actually is intended. The wording of the perk was even changed. It used to say 'When the last generator is repaired', whereas now it says 'Once the exit gates have been powered'. This does seem to imply that No way out working on hatch closure is intended.

  • Remember me should not be negated if the obsession is the one opening the door. Promotes tunneling and ignores the build up of tunneling isn’t ensued.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2387486#Comment_2387486

    I’d support that IF it only activated upon 5th gen repair, and not when 1 survivor remains upon closing of hatch.

    NWO currently activating upon hatch close seems like an unintended bug.

    Why should a failed survivor team have a member that has a second chance within a second chance to nullify a killer's perk that has been earned while not using one of their own?

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2387580#Comment_2387580

    Why should a failed survivor team have a member that has a second chance within a second chance to nullify a killer's perk that has been earned while not using one of their own?

    Sorry, that was very confusing. I didn’t understand what you’re trying to say.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2387715#Comment_2387715

    Sorry, that was very confusing. I didn’t understand what you’re trying to say.

    Hatch is a second chance mechanic for a member of a failed survivor team. In the circumstances we're talking about, a killer's earned perk is nullified after a second chance mechanic failed. Why is that good design?

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2387746#Comment_2387746

    Hatch is a second chance mechanic for a member of a failed survivor team. In the circumstances we're talking about, a killer's earned perk is nullified after a second chance mechanic failed. Why is that good design?

    Because your reasoning ignores the fact that solo survivors exist, and the actions of their teammates is completely out of their control.

    I’ve lost count of the amount of games I’ve been in whereby despite my best efforts to get gens done, and help the team, they’re going down at a rate too fast for an outcome that results in successfully getting all 5 gens repaired. I can either stupidly go down with them (because it’s 100% crystal clear there is NOTHING I can do to help turn the game around for the other 3 survivors), or I can bank on the small chance the killer does not yet know where the hatch is. And if they do, then bank on the slim chance I might get a gate open in time. I know I’m not guaranteed the chance to escape. But I’m motivated to not give up entirely just because 3 other players completely cucked me.

  • I expect No Way Out to be nerfed since for whatever reason they decided to work on closing the hatch. It's the same reason Remember Me got nerfed back with the EGC changes.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/268764/now-that-no-way-outs-been-buffed-whats-your-thoughts-on-remember-me

    What?! NWO activates upon closing of hatch?! Surely that is unintended?!

    The entire reason RM was nerfed was because of how brokenly unfair it would be to last survivor upon hatch closing. Heck, even in RM current state at 4 tokens it 100% guarantees the last survivor cannot escape in time if they aren’t the Obsession.

    from the survivor perspective, I don't think that's unfair. My team failed to do gens AND I failed to find hatch, so at that point, if the killer happens to be running 1 of 2 exit gate switch perks, so be it. I don't deserve the door.

  • @Crowman said:

    I expect No Way Out to be nerfed since for whatever reason they decided to work on closing the hatch. It's the same reason Remember Me got nerfed back with the EGC changes.

    I mean, if that actually were a problem, the devs could easily just make No Way Out behave like Rancor.

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2387813#Comment_2387813

    I mean, if that actually were a problem, the devs could easily just make No Way Out behave like Rancor.

    It did though. With the obvious reason being that it could be too oppressive in its old state due to hatch close EGC. I’m baffled they changed it to activate in this circumstance now.