Am I Only One Who Hates The Realm Beyond Changes?

I really hate so much all of them. Map changes, survivor changes, they all are bad.


Just look what they did to Ace, Feng, Kate, Quentyn, Jake etc. They have all lost their personality.


Maps are worse. New Coldwind maps are nightmare. The Game is so bad. I hate new Badham maps. I can say more but i think i said enough. I just don't like this changes. Old versions were good already.

Comments

  • Why is the ground so bright on Coldwind? It's eye-strain inducing.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    Why is the ground so bright on Coldwind? It's eye-strain inducing.


    Loop areas more safe, there is more strong pallets. And corn blind... Corn blind worse than old version. I really wanna remove this map from game.

  • I’m old and hate change. 👍🏻 You’re not alone.

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    I’m old and hate change. 👍🏻 You’re not alone.

    Yeah same. I am from 2017 to now.

  • @GeneralV would love to agree on this

  • The only survivor I dislike personally is Kate. To me, the rest of them have been improvements. Much of them look more realistic per se. An example of this would be David, who looks much more like a Brit.

    As for the realm beyond changes, I'm definitely in the minority for liking majority of them. The only one I have a negative opinion on is The Game, which although undeniably looks better, it far from feels better to play on. I am however looking forward to the future map changes. Despite my opinion on this, they couldve done better with many of them.

  • It depends.

    They did a good job on the survivors (for the most part), but most of the map changes absolutely suck.

  • Yeah they should've just strictly updated the textures and resolution of the maps and characters but kept everything else about them the same. The new survivors just don't feel the same and the old maps had much better gameplay, now there are much more things to get stuck on (like windows and walls) and things like old harvester were much more fun to play on.

  • Most of them are cool, some of them are meh.

    Also they butchered Dweard.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    I really hate so much all of them. Map changes, survivor changes, they all are bad.

    Just look what they did to Ace, Feng, Kate, Quentyn, Jake etc. They have all lost their personality.

    Maps are worse. New Coldwind maps are nightmare. The Game is so bad. I hate new Badham maps. I can say more but i think i said enough. I just don't like this changes. Old versions were good already.

    Survivors only look bad because we're used to the old ones. They kind of look like them, but not quite, so it comes off as offputting for no reason other than nostalgia. Same applies with the maps. Most of them are 100% graphical updates that just smoothed out textures or modernized to meet the original intent better.

  • I don't mind but I also don't really care.

    I'm only miffed about the map changes if they are balanced terribly.

    And in cases with Coldwind and The Game... It's awful to play in as either side.

  • What I strongly dislike about them while they're updating outdated tiles which is fine is these reworks kinda feel less immersive idk why but it just doesn't feel the same playing on maps like Farm like the lighting on old Farm was just more immersive this new lighting is too bright and auras suck on it.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/268649/am-i-only-one-who-hates-the-realm-beyond-changes

    Survivors only look bad because we're used to the old ones. They kind of look like them, but not quite, so it comes off as offputting for no reason other than nostalgia. Same applies with the maps. Most of them are 100% graphical updates that just smoothed out textures or modernized to meet the original intent better.

    Well old Coldwind Maps were my favs but now i hate all Coldwind maps.

  • I like most of the changes. Some of the survivors yes I can agree can use some work but the maps are great.

    Balance wise sure are bad mostly but visually they are amazing. They focus too much on the aesthetic and not much on balance which is a problem. But ultimately I'm all for change.

  • I don't like the map reworks although I do like some of the new survivor animations

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I like most of the changes. Some of the survivors yes I can agree can use some work but the maps are great.

    Balance wise sure are bad mostly but visually they are amazing. They focus too much on the aesthetic and not much on balance which is a problem. But ultimately I'm all for change.

    Really wish BHVR would stop with the "Realm Beyond" for a bit and actually ######### fix some of these maps.

    Not even the new ones, old ones too.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2386704#Comment_2386704

    Really wish BHVR would stop with the "Realm Beyond" for a bit and actually ######### fix some of these maps.

    Not even the new ones, old ones too.

    For the map reworks it feels like all they did was make the maps look nice and didn't put any balance thought

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2386704#Comment_2386704

    Really wish BHVR would stop with the "Realm Beyond" for a bit and actually ######### fix some of these maps.

    Not even the new ones, old ones too.

    I agree but I want them to change swamp really badly because I hate that map.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2386708#Comment_2386708

    For the map reworks it feels like all they did was make the maps look nice and didn't put any balance thought

    Coldwind definitely still fills me with dread everytime I spawn into it. As either side.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2386708#Comment_2386708

    I agree but I want them to change swamp really badly because I hate that map.

    I wanna Haddonfield first actually.

  • Even without Balanced it has three ######### Infinite tiles.

    Any second story house with a balcony, House of Pain, and God House.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2386695#Comment_2386695

    Well old Coldwind Maps were my favs but now i hate all Coldwind maps.

    I thought they looked dingy. What the hell was the ambience supposed to be? Vomit-colored skies and a paint coating of human feces on the walls?

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2386701#Comment_2386701

    I thought they looked dingy. What the hell was the ambience supposed to be? Vomit-colored skies and a paint coating of human feces on the walls?

    Not bright. This would be good.

  • The old characters (especially the original quartet) were seriously in need of updates.

    Meg had a goofy mouth, Dwight had terrible lighting, Claudette had beaming eyes and Jake had pixelated texture.


    They now changed all that for the better. I seriously can't understand why you people are complaining about this.

    Meg seems the same, Dwight looks much more realistic, Claudette too, Jake finally looks Korean, Ace still has his smirk, Adam is perfect, Quentin looks like a teenager, David still looks beaten up, etc.

    The only ones I dislike are Kate and Feng, but that's nothing to do with nostalgia, more so modelling.


    2016 is FIVE years ago from now. Get with the times people.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    @GeneralV would love to agree on this

    Yes, I would. You called the right person, my friend, no one hates this stupid monster as much as I do.

  • It’s really mixed for me but if I could go back I would tbf at least graphically

  • Im a fan of the changes, the only things i didn't like were the coldwind daytime and Kate's face.

  • I don't hate them. They look way better than the old maps. I was expecting them to be better balanced, but that didn't happen, so I'm just a little disappointed in them for that.

  • With the latest update every survivor just look worse.

    I'm fine with map updates except coldwind, I just DC when the game puts me there. (thx no DC penalties)

  • I like all the changes.

  • I don't hate The Realm Beyond, as a concept. In execution, 🤮.

  • I like them. Looks better IMO.

  • I like the map changes (except breakable walls) I think the new maps are pretty good / balanced except for ~7 of them, farm maps are too strong, with minimum 10 pallets and tons of strong windows and tiles, shelter woods is way too weak and just needs to be smaller but have better resource spread, and wrenched shop needs to have its rng fixed since its extremely luck dependent on if the map is playable due to resource variation

    The game has always been the game, ormond has always been ormond, but I still prefer the hd versions of both