Tips to know when learning Ghost face

Just like the title says.


Wanna learn Ghost face but want to know what I should keep in mind to get better at or always try to do.

Comments

  • When you lean, don't lean out too far, if you have half your body exposed a survivor will reveal you.

    Don't be afraid to turn off your Terror radius to mind game easier

  • Don't worry about stalking all the time. Mixing the hit and run with the stalking is good.

  • I play Ghostface a bit weird. I play like he's a normal M1 killer but when stealth is off cooldown I activate it. If a survivor spots me killer's instinct shows me where they are. I very rarely use his stalk ability.

    I also stealth in chases since stealthing hides your red glow. Normally I'll wait until I'm out of line of sight and instead of mindgaming the survivor I'll just stealth and run straight at them. Like a very aggressive Myers.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    When you lean, don't lean out too far, if you have half your body exposed a survivor will reveal you.

    Don't be afraid to turn off your Terror radius to mind game easier

    ah ok, so just mainly focus on leaning with head out.


    @Momentosis said:

    Don't worry about stalking all the time. Mixing the hit and run with the stalking is good.

    Like in situations you know you can't get a stalk-like a person working on a gen in jungle gym.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    99% the Survivor, then run up to them, pop it, and down them.

    Eat the Pallet, Kick the Pallet, don't really waste time mind-gaming (especially a non-Exposed Survivor), you don't have the mobility for that.

    BBQ is nice.

    Would 99% an injured survivor that's getting far away work for later downs incase you know they are gonna be healed?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2383971#Comment_2383971

    If done after the Hit, yeah I think so. Can't recollect completely, but the wiki only notes that Stalk depletes once a Survivor has been fully marked.

    Ok that's good, kinda wish his stalking mechanic had a little special something to help get the insta down if they are too far away or can't get them in a loop.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2383979#Comment_2383979

    Ok that's good, kinda wish his stalking mechanic had a little special something to help get the insta down if they are too far away or can't get them in a loop.

    The stalking bar will never go down naturally unless two things happen.

    1.) You hit a survivor who isn't exposed yet, it'll just drop it to 0%

    2.) When they're fully stalked it'll begin to tick down.

    So you can 99% a person and completely forget about them until last second haha

    Also, another tip, your crouch is ridiculously strong at some loops, at most loops, a survivor won't be able to peer over and see you if you crouch, if you also hide your red stain you'll be able to get some cheeky stabs

    I had a guy DC because of that haha

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2383987#Comment_2383987

    The stalking bar will never go down naturally unless two things happen.

    1.) You hit a survivor who isn't exposed yet, it'll just drop it to 0%

    2.) When they're fully stalked, when they're fully stalked it'll begin to tick down.

    So you can 99% a person and completely forget about them until last second haha

    Also, another tip, your crouch is ridiculously strong at some loops, at most loops, a survivor won't be able to peer over and see you if you crouch, if you also hide your red stain you'll be able to get some cheeky stabs

    I had a guy DC because of that haha

    Ok that's funny. wonder if hysteria would be good for non stalk hits though and play around it in loops.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384065#Comment_2384065

    Ok that's funny. wonder if hysteria would be good for non stalk hits though and play around it in loops.

    Could be, but something I genuinely enjoy is Dark Devotion, normally his power regenerates after 30 seconds, but Dark Devotion hides your Terror Radius for 30 seconds

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384073#Comment_2384073

    Could be, but something I genuinely enjoy is Dark Devotion, normally his power regenerates after 30 seconds, but Dark Devotion hides your Terror Radius for 30 seconds

    Oh yeah, keep forgetting Dark Devotion since most killers don't use it unless they are mostly basic hit killers.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384082#Comment_2384082

    Oh yeah, keep forgetting Dark Devotion since most killers don't use it unless they are mostly basic hit killers.

    If you want to cause more panic, you can use Dark Devotion with Clourphobia to cause the obsession to take ages to heal and if you wanted to, you could put on Nurse's calling and secretly stalk the panicking survivor who's trying to get them to heal them

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384092#Comment_2384092

    If you want to cause more panic, you can use Dark Devotion with Clourphobia to cause the obsession to take ages to heal and if you wanted to, you could put on Nurse's calling and secretly stalk the panicking survivor who's trying to get them to heal them

    Yeah that would be pretty chaotic. Would Surge be a good gen perk to use since maybe easy downs when they are working on a gen.

    Funny that never really see anyone use Clourphobia anymore,

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384099#Comment_2384099

    Yeah that would be pretty chaotic. Would Surge be a good gen perk to use since maybe easy downs when they are working on a gen.

    Funny that never really see anyone use Clourphobia anymore,

    Surge is a great choice for Ghost Face.

    I like using Surge with Devour Hope the most

    But Eruption/Surge/Brutal is a lot of fun

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384101#Comment_2384101

    Surge is a great choice for Ghost Face.

    I like using Surge with Devour Hope the most

    But Eruption/Surge/Brutal is a lot of fun

    Might try eruption instead since anytime I use totem perk it always gets taken down.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384104#Comment_2384104

    Might try eruption instead since anytime I use totem perk it always gets taken down.

    It's a luck thing, I always seem to do well using Devour on Ghost Face and Freddy. It's weird

  • His night shroud recovery addons are just pure gravy with a great upside.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384118#Comment_2384118

    It's a luck thing, I always seem to do well using Devour on Ghost Face and Freddy. It's weird

    Indeed it is, most survivors spawn next to hex totem lol.

    @Cerebral_Harlot said:

    His night shroud recovery addons are just pure gravy with a great upside.

    Yeah true but think they should reduce his cool down a tad bit.

  • I get smashed with GF by competent survivors and SWF. He's very good at low levels, but I honestly get bullied by survivors that break me out and then I can't catch them that quickly.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384127#Comment_2384127

    Indeed it is, most survivors spawn next to hex totem lol.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384131#Comment_2384131

    Yeah true but think they should reduce his cool down a tad bit.

    Agreed. Would be nice to run something other than power recovery add-ons. I feel the same about Fred but for different reason (nothing better to run). Ghostface actually has better diversity in his add-ons but cloaking mid-chase to much to try them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    He's not worth learning as he's too weak in his current state, hence why he barely gets played.

    Makes sense.

    @SMitchell8 said:

    I get smashed with GF by competent survivors and SWF. He's very good at low levels, but I honestly get bullied by survivors that break me out and then I can't catch them that quickly.

    Sounds like what happened when I tried playing killer first time as him a long time ago. Everyone gets downed by a locker to head on me, flashlight clicking then T bags, end game chat they all swear at me saying its my fault for being bad........like they all escaped and yet somehow my fault which pretty sure they were a SWF.


    @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384309#Comment_2384309

    Agreed. Would be nice to run something other than power recovery add-ons. I feel the same about Fred but for different reason (nothing better to run). Ghostface actually has better diversity in his add-ons but cloaking mid-chase to much to try them.

    He has somewhat of diversity like a shorter reveal range and the Iri security cam. Just hope sometime they either rework his reveal mechanic, add more addons/rework addons, shorter cool down, or all of the above.

  • He is dangerous on indoor maps and i have beaten swf with him, but im on such a losing streak and he's not the killer that can turn a game upside down. Same rank as Oni, I have a brilliant time, so why put myself through the sweat and rinser as GF ....

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384328#Comment_2384328

    Makes sense.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384342#Comment_2384342

    Sounds like what happened when I tried playing killer first time as him a long time ago. Everyone gets downed by a locker to head on me, flashlight clicking then T bags, end game chat they all swear at me saying its my fault for being bad........like they all escaped and yet somehow my fault which pretty sure they were a SWF.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384345#Comment_2384345

    He has somewhat of diversity like a shorter reveal range and the Iri security cam. Just hope sometime they either rework his reveal mechanic, add more addons/rework addons, shorter cool down, or all of the above.

    I like the cloak and duration add-ons as well. Pretty much just more options are available if the need for recovery wasn't so bad. Where as in fred's instance I just do see anything worth running beside those.

  • Being a Pig main naturally Mike/Ghosty are killers I like to use. I personally feel Pig is the best of the three (Obviously my opinion) I do great with her no matter what rank, do quite well with Mike, but Ghosty it's 50/50 but man I find him fun.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    He is dangerous on indoor maps and i have beaten swf with him, but im on such a losing streak and he's not the killer that can turn a game upside down. Same rank as Oni, I have a brilliant time, so why put myself through the sweat and rinser as GF ....

    Yeah very true since mostly people can reveal you behind a wall even if you quickly dart back.


    @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384367#Comment_2384367

    I like the cloak and duration add-ons as well. Pretty much just more options are available if the need for recovery wasn't so bad. Where as in fred's instance I just do see anything worth running beside those.

    30 seconds is not bad when you think about it but once you play you realize can only use it 2 times in one minute and because its quite easy to be revealed which then power is almost pointless.

  • I recommend watching this guide:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNTtoR6src8

    Every GF tip I can give is already explained in detail here, really worth watching imo.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384127#Comment_2384127

    Indeed it is, most survivors spawn next to hex totem lol.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384131#Comment_2384131

    Yeah true but think they should reduce his cool down a tad bit.

    Yeah, they should give him the combat straps/windstorm treatment that pig and wraith got.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    Being a Pig main naturally Mike/Ghosty are killers I like to use. I personally feel Pig is the best of the three (Obviously my opinion) I do great with her no matter what rank, do quite well with Mike, but Ghosty it's 50/50 but man I find him fun.

    Understandable since Pig is good in some matches, mostly if you bodyblock last box lol.

    @GrimoireWeiss said:

    I recommend watching this guide:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNTtoR6src8

    Every GF tip I can give is already explained in detail here, really worth watching imo.

    Cool thanks mate.

    @Cerebral_Harlot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384309#Comment_2384309

    Yeah, they should give him the combat straps/windstorm treatment that pig and wraith got.

    Yeah they should, also could just remove crouch faster addons and just slightly increase crouch movement speed.....pretty sure everyone uses every other addon besides those.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384394#Comment_2384394

    Understandable since Pig is good in some matches, mostly if you bodyblock last box lol.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384399#Comment_2384399

    Cool thanks mate.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384407#Comment_2384407

    Yeah they should, also could just remove crouch faster addons and just slightly increase crouch movement speed.....pretty sure everyone uses every other addon besides those.

    Buffing his crouch can't be done before Pig's. Please help my pig crouch faster. As for Pig I am not usually around the boxes unless my chase ends up going past one which I will gladly slug the person searching the box. Other than that if they are searching boxes I am ok as I can chase without being too stressed for time (aka building up my STBL).

  • Ghost Face is a fun killer in general. I can be losing and still enjoy him. However he stomps most ranks except the top 4-5.

    Few tips from my time playing him:

    • when looping a survivor on a downed pallet thats high enough to crouch, crouch and pop stealth when walking one way. You can then just sit there for a second or two and just like Spirit they will generally jump the pallet and you quick pop out for the hit. Landed so many hits mind gaming people with that.
    • At the start line up the survivor with the name so you have a better idea who you have stalked vs not stalked
    • GF has a pretty long recovery so chewed pen and address book will be ideal addons making a 30 second cool down 16 seconds instead. However its not realistic to have enough of these addons to run forever, so get use to the less good addons unless you farm on other killers to keep him topped up. Can also mix and match chewed with camera footage for a free bbq.
    • Perks, I run Surge, Pop, Nurses and Corrupt/Discordance. Though you can swap one or two out here(devour or ruin undying etc), I prefer two gen regression perks as Surge is good but not always as consistent as Pop if you get a bigger map, also lets you put more pressure on gens when someone is insta downed.
    • Most important tip, have fun. Ghost Face is hilarious to play and get into the jokeyness of it all. I will bring a mori for a laugh and counter tbag people. He just brings it out in ya. Even when you're losing he's fun just poking your head from behind something.
  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384414#Comment_2384414

    Buffing his crouch can't be done before Pig's. Please help my pig crouch faster. As for Pig I am not usually around the boxes unless my chase ends up going past one which I will gladly slug the person searching the box. Other than that if they are searching boxes I am ok as I can chase without being too stressed for time (aka building up my STBL).

    Oh yeah buff Pig's crouch also. Love crouch mechanic but should at least slightly slower than normal killer speed, not slower

  • @ImTooooomingggggg said:

    Ghost Face is a fun killer in general. I can be losing and still enjoy him. However he stomps most ranks except the top 4-5.

    Few tips from my time playing him:

    • when looping a survivor on a downed pallet thats high enough to crouch, crouch and pop stealth when walking one way. You can then just sit there for a second or two and just like Spirit they will generally jump the pallet and you quick pop out for the hit. Landed so many hits mind gaming people with that.
    • At the start line up the survivor with the name so you have a better idea who you have stalked vs not stalked
    • GF has a pretty long recovery so chewed pen and address book will be ideal addons making a 30 second call down 16 seconds instead. However its not realistic to have enough of these addons to run forever, so get use to the less good addons unless you farm on other kilelrs to keep him topped up. Can also mix and match chewed with camera footage for a free bbq.
    • Perks, I run Surge, Pop, nurses and Corrupt. Though you can swap one or two out here(devour or ruin undying etc), I prefer two gen regression perks as Surge is good but not always as consistent as Pop if you get a bigger map, also lets you put more pressure on gens when someone is insta downed.
    • Most important tip, have fun. Ghost Face is hilarious to play and get into the jokeyness of it all. I will bring a mori for a laugh and counter tbag people. He just brings it out in ya. Even when you're losing he's fun just poking your head from behind something.

    Dang mate thanks for the great info, I do try and attempt to mind game with crouch but sometimes when I am in stealth I keep forgetting I don't need to moonwalk.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384414#Comment_2384414

    Buffing his crouch can't be done before Pig's. Please help my pig crouch faster. As for Pig I am not usually around the boxes unless my chase ends up going past one which I will gladly slug the person searching the box. Other than that if they are searching boxes I am ok as I can chase without being too stressed for time (aka building up my STBL).

    Nonsense, you will use whispers so she can actually stealth, and use monitor cause of the terror radius expansion all to spend 40% more time going for a grab that won't even properly register, with survivors sprint bursting away so you can repeat this all over again.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384381#Comment_2384381

    Yeah very true since mostly people can reveal you behind a wall even if you quickly dart back.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384390#Comment_2384390

    30 seconds is not bad when you think about it but once you play you realize can only use it 2 times in one minute and because its quite easy to be revealed which then power is almost pointless.

    The recovery add ons are pointless. You can't reactivate it after you slug, carry or hook cos they'll break you straight out of it. You have to break LOS which wastes even more time of the chewed pen gain.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384396#Comment_2384396

    The recovery add ons are pointless. You can't reactivate it after you slug, carry or hook cos they'll break you straight out of it. You have to break LOS which wastes even more time of the chewed pen gain.

    Again very true

  • Only Add-ons to run are Recovery

  • @Cerebral_Harlot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384438#Comment_2384438

    Nonsense, you will use whispers so she can actually stealth, and use monitor cause of the terror radius expansion all to spend 40% more time going for a grab that won't even properly register, with survivors sprint bursting away so you can repeat this all over again.

    No bud. Not a fan of whispers on anyone. I do use monitor but grabs are a joke, have been, always will be, I accept that.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384596#Comment_2384596

    No bud. Not a fan of whispers on anyone. I do use monitor but grabs are a joke, have been, always will be, I accept that.

    Glad they are making grabs into an instant hit that is unavoidable. Whispers is good but sometimes you get way to used to it and then depend on it.

  • Survivors often run spine chill hence why a good percentage of them have bolted from the gen by the time you arrive despite you remaining well hidden.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Survivors often run spine chill hence why a good percentage of them have bolted from the gen by the time you arrive despite you remaining well hidden.

    Sounds about right.