What do you think of perks that only really effect new players.
There is 2 categorys of this kind of perk imo. Perks that are useful when you are new and learning things but after a while they just become things that clog your bloodweb Zanshin, Deja Vu, Visionary etc and then there are the perks that only exist to punish or make things harder for no reason for new players perks like DS(For survivors like I don't think it should have a skillcheck), overcharge or unerving even doctors madness to an extent. Personally I think the 2nd category of perks all need to be reworked, they are completely useless against good players and I don't think having perks that specifically prey on new players is healthy for the game.
Comments
The DS skill check really isn’t that hard to hit unless if your FPS is lower than 20.
Isn't Deja Vu the anti-3gen perk?
They are useful against all types of players to varying degrees. They just are not meta. But perks have to have some effect
Sometimes I think about using those perks and I've been playing for a while. Even though they're beginner perks, it's nice to switch stuff around once in a while, and it's especially helpful if for some reason I feel like I'm going to 3-gen the next match.
I just think the PERKS MADE FOR BEGINNERS shouldn't be hidden behind a paywall/tedious amount of grinding. They're beginner perks, let beginners get them.
Seeing how console is right now...
Nah, there is nothing wrong with perks that only punish new players. We were all new players at some point, and if the experience of playing against those perks was that bad, we wouldn't be here by now.
They weren't there to punish us, per say, they were there to teach us.
Agreed. I miss old Ruin for this reason. It forced me to get better at hitting great skill checks.
And here is something I definitely agree with!
I generally disagree with perks that help newbies. That’s what a tutorial should be for. The perks just clutter up the bloodweb with F-tier perks that experienced players will never use.
@TheClownIsKing Apparently you're a beginner. 😜
*points you to Visionary*
Visionary is super useful. Yeah, maybe I could be running something else, but I would rather keep the bonus of knowing where the next gen is without having to hunt all over the damn map. Especially at the end of the game.
I think it's astoundingly stupid that the devs make perks clearly intended for new players and then those perks are locked behind DLC and an absurd grind. I genuinely don't understand the rationale behind so many of their decisions.
Yeah, Deja Vu is definitely not a beginner perk. It's very useful in solo queue since you have no coordination with your team about which gens need to be done. The information it provides can literally save games from ending disastrously for the survivor team.
Lol 🤣
Many here really underestimate the power of information.
Sure, most maps I’ve got a general idea of where every gen already is without using Visionary (and Open Handed). But even in those circumstances Visionary still helps me plan avoiding a 3 gen, and helps me to lead chases AWAY from yet to be completed gens (in case I’ve forgotten the general area where team mates have popped gens).
And it goes without saying that Visionary is a GODSEND on indoor maps, particularly the new RCPD. Being already familiar with the layout of RCPD, the first time I played that map Visionary (and Open Handed) meant I already had a pretty good idea which rooms gens where sitting in (when I could see their auras).
Yes Visionary is definitely going to help beginners, but relegating it (or any other perk) to just being a beginner perk is very naive.
Heck i’ll run Technician periodically just so I can be more chill on a gen and focus better on my situational awareness.