If i want to bring a key, i just hide it somewhere in the beginning of a game, drop it in a corner to use it later, Franklins or not. And thats how i counter this perk :)
I probably find it more annoying than I should because I have ######### luck and always lose a medkit I desperately need. But I get running it against annoying survivors that are all carting flashlights/keys.
I'd rather they run Franklin's compared to most other perks. The only item that generally matters is medkits anyway and is playing with only 3 perks worth it to nullify items?
Scenario #1: I get tunnelled the entire game as the obsession by a killer with Rancor and NOED then mori’d
Scenario #2: The killer has Franklin’s
I truly believe the killer in scenario #1 could still get into Heaven but killer #2 might literally lack a human soul lol… I joke.. I joke..
With that being said I like to kid around a bit about Franklin’s because the perk is fine and I honestly don’t actually care when I see it… but it’s like being invited to a little shindig.. a party of 5… but someone showed up to be a buzz kill.
I’ve brought green keys to bait a perk swap to Franklin’s which is great… but still killin my vibes with the Frankie-swat.. I liked that broken key.. brought me good luck.
I like it. Everything that takes away safe feelings as survivor is good. To bring a medkit and then you just don't know if you can use it or not. Just like in the very beginning and you don't know what killer it is..me like!
don't really care either way, few items are powerful enough to justify bringing one of your 4 perks just to counter them and even against the few that are justifiable it's still a side grade in my opinion over running a good perk like a slowdown or info perk.
Great perk, it's kinda sad items don't disappear anymore
I actually find it more frustrating that they stay, because I keep forgetting. I’ll go back to the area and “oh, yeah, I dropped my medkit—son of a #########!”
I really don't mind it because I don't bring items into matches, But it can be a bit annoying when finding an item in a chest and then losing it to Franklin's.
I hate it. I rarely bring Items, but you can guarantee, when I bring an Item and a White Ward, the Killer will have Franklins.
Also, most of the time I see it when an event is going on and I usually try to collect the Event Items, Franklins just makes it more annoying to do that.
I generally don't even really bring items all that often anyway, so it doesn't impact me too often. Although if I do have a medkit it'll be slightly annoying that I won't be able to get the full heal out of a common medkit.
The last time I went up against a Franklin's Demise though I just so happened to be running Built To Last however, which is a slight counter and I was able to get my full heal either way.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I dont mind about Franklins honnestly
If i want to bring a key, i just hide it somewhere in the beginning of a game, drop it in a corner to use it later, Franklins or not. And thats how i counter this perk :)
So just 3 for me. Not good not bad
It has its place, what brings it down for me is when its used to be toxic, such as hitting you and immediately disconnecting
Killer with Frankling: 99% having noed, plays bad, waits for noed to be activated
Thanks for the advice
I probably find it more annoying than I should because I have ######### luck and always lose a medkit I desperately need. But I get running it against annoying survivors that are all carting flashlights/keys.
I'd rather they run Franklin's compared to most other perks. The only item that generally matters is medkits anyway and is playing with only 3 perks worth it to nullify items?
Killers need strong perks
Franklins is a strong perk (annoying, sure - but strong things tend to be annoying).
Medkits are the strongest items in the game (apart from keys) and franklins is one of few perks that directly counters them.
Scenario #1: I get tunnelled the entire game as the obsession by a killer with Rancor and NOED then mori’d
Scenario #2: The killer has Franklin’s
I truly believe the killer in scenario #1 could still get into Heaven but killer #2 might literally lack a human soul lol… I joke.. I joke..
With that being said I like to kid around a bit about Franklin’s because the perk is fine and I honestly don’t actually care when I see it… but it’s like being invited to a little shindig.. a party of 5… but someone showed up to be a buzz kill.
I’ve brought green keys to bait a perk swap to Franklin’s which is great… but still killin my vibes with the Frankie-swat.. I liked that broken key.. brought me good luck.
I like it. Everything that takes away safe feelings as survivor is good. To bring a medkit and then you just don't know if you can use it or not. Just like in the very beginning and you don't know what killer it is..me like!
don't really care either way, few items are powerful enough to justify bringing one of your 4 perks just to counter them and even against the few that are justifiable it's still a side grade in my opinion over running a good perk like a slowdown or info perk.
Great perk, it's kinda sad items don't disappear anymore
I actually find it more frustrating that they stay, because I keep forgetting. I’ll go back to the area and “oh, yeah, I dropped my medkit—son of a #########!”
Honestly i never use item as survivor so i don't mind it. But as killer it's really useful :D
I really don't mind it because I don't bring items into matches, But it can be a bit annoying when finding an item in a chest and then losing it to Franklin's.
I hate it. I rarely bring Items, but you can guarantee, when I bring an Item and a White Ward, the Killer will have Franklins.
Also, most of the time I see it when an event is going on and I usually try to collect the Event Items, Franklins just makes it more annoying to do that.
While it is annoying, it's not a perk that makes me groan out loud like certain other perks....
It exists, there's not much else to say about it.
I generally don't even really bring items all that often anyway, so it doesn't impact me too often. Although if I do have a medkit it'll be slightly annoying that I won't be able to get the full heal out of a common medkit.
The last time I went up against a Franklin's Demise though I just so happened to be running Built To Last however, which is a slight counter and I was able to get my full heal either way.
I don't like killers being able to remove an item from play. If an item is problematic, fix the item. Don't screw with an entire facet of gameplay.
That's like a survivor perk that temporarily locks your power if you m1 them. How crappy would that feel?
Edit: Also, it mysteriously comes out at event time. Can't possibly imagine why.
The buff didn’t impact keys at all, only hurt people with medkits and flashlights.
Not bad, not great.