I would be more likely to buy killer skins if the killers themselves weren't bad.

I know it's a meme that BHVR caters to survivors because they buy skins and killers don't.


But it's kinda true because why would I buy skins for a killer that plays bad? Legion has some pretty cool skins but they are incredibly weak so why would I buy skins for a killer that's so weak I almost never want to play them?


And killers I do play like nemesis and freddy and whatever don't even have skins.


It's easier for survivors to buy skins because survivor powers are not tied to the survivor themselves unlike killers.


They can pick any survivor they want and slap on DH, DS/IW, BT and unbreakable and call it a day. Killers can't do that we go by which killer actually has a decent power.

Comments

  • I just don't buy killer skins because I don't see them in gameplay

  • I buy skins for the killers I enjoy. If I enjoy a bad killer like clown I’ll still buy skins for him

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    I just don't buy killer skins because I don't see them in gameplay

    you can see their feet and weapon though


    Or sometimes you can see the whole killer if you're playing hag, doctor, freddy, spirit and the twins.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2373247#Comment_2373247

    you can see their feet and weapon though

    Or sometimes you can see the whole killer if you're playing hag, doctor, freddy, spirit and the twins.

    Ah yes, FEET

    Weird thing to notice bro.

  • Tbh vs today's red rank teams which mostly consist of solo que potatoes, you can do just fine with perkless Legion and still win about 75% of your matches as long as you're overall good killer player.

    I'd be nice if some of the killers on the weaker side got some help (perfect example is wraith who's now finally good after years of small changes) but I wouldn't say none of the currect killers are so weak that you would be at significant disadvantage in your general match.

  • Loading screen, endgame, mori's you can see the killer. Also just like looking good for the survivors why are they the only ones that can look good? I own at least a page of skins for every killer. Default skins are BORING.

  • Then… don’t buy skins for killers you don’t play? It’s really as easy as that. BHVR doesn’t force you to buy any skins, at all..

    and for licensed killers they just are able to get more (or any) cosmetics out.. that’s also the same as for licensed survivors..

  • @Mooks said:

    Then… don’t buy skins for killers you don’t play? It’s really as easy as that. BHVR doesn’t force you to buy any skins, at all..

    and for licensed killers they just are able to get more (or any) cosmetics out.. that’s also the same as for licensed survivors..

    again I would be more likely to buy skins for those killers if the killers themselves weren't bad


    for example trickster. great skins, weak killer. I want to buy his skins but he's so weak, what's the point?

  • To be fair the number of killers that I'm using BBQ/Ruin/Discordance on is incredibly high. There is also the fact that players equate cosmetics with investment/skill so if you have cosmetics for a killer you don't play much even if you like them, you almost always get survivors sweating everything they have. So its almost better to just be default, or frosty eyes for them to chill out. (badumtss)

    But no, seriously, there are a lot of killers where too much power of their power is in their addons and not basekit. I would say about 70% of killers would be a healthier and better if they literally just shifted numbers straight across.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2373294#Comment_2373294

    again I would be more likely to buy skins for those killers if the killers themselves weren't bad

    for example trickster. great skins, weak killer. I want to buy his skins but he's so weak, what's the point?

    Yeah. Don’t buy the skins for Trickster.

    others clearly see a point as most tricksters I see are wearing skins.


    you are not supposed to buy all the skins..

  • Legion is an incredible popular killer, even though they are kind of weak. That's why it's super common to see skins for them. Just search for "Legion fanart" on Twitter or something.