I noticed a problem

I feel like the shift + w meta forces me to tunnel and camp if I want to have any chance of getting more than 1 kill. The sole exception being on Deathslinger, Nurse and Spirit, who everyone hates. It's impossible to give survivors the non-stop chases they want with anyone else as long as they can hold shift + w and just outrun every single melee killer. So tunnel and camp I shall.


We need a change in the meta. It's getting stale and it is actually hurting the game pretty badly. The only solution i can see is to play nothing but Deathslinger, Nurse, Huntress and Spirit.

Comments

  • Play someone like wraith who can counter it then. Most killers have some way to deal with it

  • I truly thought this meta was a joke until i tried it out. Im ashamed it actually is highly affective

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    I feel like the shift + w meta forces me to tunnel and camp if I want to have any chance of getting more than 1 kill. The sole exception being on Deathslinger, Nurse and Spirit, who everyone hates. It's impossible to give survivors the non-stop chases they want with anyone else as long as they can hold shift + w and just outrun every single melee killer. So tunnel and camp I shall.

    We need a change in the meta. It's getting stale and it is actually hurting the game pretty badly. The only solution i can see is to play nothing but Deathslinger, Nurse, Huntress and Spirit.

    Yeah to counter it you need high mobility killers, I've been using wraith with cloak and uncloak addons, it works amazing.

    Hold W meta is making the game boring for me on the killer's side, like I like the chase interaction, example, survivors looping me and me trying to outplay them.

    Hold W is removing that interaction.

    So I've been using killers that also destroy hold W players.

    Wraith, huntress, slinger, nurse, billy, spirit, blight.

    You gotta play fire with fire.

  • You can't really say tunneling is a counter to shift w. It's something that you do anyway assuming you're in a bad spot. The only way to counter shift w in my experience is to have a high mobility killer, or leave that survivor and hope that the others don't shift w as well.

  • There are many killers who can counter it.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Play someone like wraith who can counter it then. Most killers have some way to deal with it

    They really, really don't.

  • Wraith can to an extent especially with windstorm. Clown has his bottles, hag has traps. I will agree killers like doctor and Myers are ######### though.

    Anyway I feel the problem is more so over saturation of safe pallets than survivor speed

  • shift w doesnt mean a whole lot against 3 gen, I think more people should pick up Demogorgon, Hag or maybe even Doctor.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2373591#Comment_2373591

    Wraith can to an extent especially with windstorm. Clown has his bottles, hag has traps. I will agree killers like doctor and Myers are ######### though.

    Anyway I feel the problem is more so over saturation of safe pallets than survivor speed

    Have you ever played in a trial full of deadzones as... Well, as any killer that has no mobility? Survivors take off early and you just can't catch them in time. And that's most killers, even Hag suffers from it being her main counterplay.

    There's no reason for survivors to use loops, that's why the meta is throwing pallets instantly. Because even in a deadzone survivors win. And it's not a problem with survivors speed, it's a problem with the speed of the trial. But it is a problem that absolutely exists and needs to be dealt with before people realise that you can start running before the killer is within lunging distance and waste more than enough time.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2373619#Comment_2373619

    Have you ever played in a trial full of deadzones as... Well, as any killer that has no mobility? Survivors take off early and you just can't catch them in time. And that's most killers, even Hag suffers from it being her main counterplay.

    There's no reason for survivors to use loops, that's why the meta is throwing pallets instantly. Because even in a deadzone survivors win. And it's not a problem with survivors speed, it's a problem with the speed of the trial. But it is a problem that absolutely exists and needs to be dealt with before people realise that you can start running before the killer is within lunging distance and waste more than enough time.

    I definitely will agree against some killers it becomes an issue but we can’t just slow the match down because then killers like spirit and nurse become stronger than they already are

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    You can't really say tunneling is a counter to shift w. It's something that you do anyway assuming you're in a bad spot. The only way to counter shift w in my experience is to have a high mobility killer, or leave that survivor and hope that the others don't shift w as well.

    Fair. Better to say it's the only really reasonable response.


    @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2373644#Comment_2373644

    I definitely will agree against some killers it becomes an issue but we can’t just slow the match down because then killers like spirit and nurse become stronger than they already are

    Also fair. But some solutions need to be found, because just not being able to play half the roster in the highest ranks is unacceptable.


    @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2373619#Comment_2373619

    Have you ever played in a trial full of deadzones as... Well, as any killer that has no mobility? Survivors take off early and you just can't catch them in time. And that's most killers, even Hag suffers from it being her main counterplay.

    There's no reason for survivors to use loops, that's why the meta is throwing pallets instantly. Because even in a deadzone survivors win. And it's not a problem with survivors speed, it's a problem with the speed of the trial. But it is a problem that absolutely exists and needs to be dealt with before people realise that you can start running before the killer is within lunging distance and waste more than enough time.

    This is exactly the situation that made me realize how bad this problem is. getting one of the open maps against a skilled SWF is basically a no-win situation; hell, it was even a map that isn't super favored for either side (Suffocation Pit) that made me realize this. I don't know how the problem can be fixed.

  • Since pallets and windows are a lottery with how hitboxes and hit validation work now, there is nothing else left for the survivors to do to survive.

  • @Junylar said:

    Since pallets and windows are a lottery with how hitboxes and hit validation work now, there is nothing else left for the survivors to do to survive.

    That's fine. I'm not mad at Survivors for doing what they need to do to win. I'm addressing the gameplay issues that make it necessary.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2373644#Comment_2373644

    I definitely will agree against some killers it becomes an issue but we can’t just slow the match down because then killers like spirit and nurse become stronger than they already are

    Yes. And they are currently problematic, too.

    This is a huge, huge issue of which predropping pallets and holding W are just symptoms. It really is. There's no way to fix it without overhauling the way the gates are powered.

    And it really isn't "some" killers that are affected, it's the significant majority of the cast.

  • Survivors hate killers that prevent them from W+Shifting, simple as that. Its why theres so much hate for catchup killers.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2374084#Comment_2374084

    Yes. And they are currently problematic, too.

    This is a huge, huge issue of which predropping pallets and holding W are just symptoms. It really is. There's no way to fix it without overhauling the way the gates are powered.

    And it really isn't "some" killers that are affected, it's the significant majority of the cast.

    Yeah that’s fair. It’s why I’ve always advocated to nerf these 2 so we can realistically buff the rest of the cast to compensate. People don’t want that though since they are the only 2 viable killers in tournaments besides maybe blight.

    It’s a problem the devs would have to put a lot of effort in to fix and I for one don’t believe they will

  • Be like me and play stealth killers. Can't run away from something you don't see coming.