R.C.P.D Map is objectively bad.
If you like to play on this map, then that's great for you! However if your going to go on the forums and defend this pile of garbage, your just wrong. I've played this map around ~30 times, most of those being in custom game's since it's incredibly rare to get in public games. At this point I have a good understanding of the maps layout, however despite this the map is still so damn atrocious.
Most people who defend this map just use the excuse "people haven't gotten used to the layout yet, give it time!" but just because I know the layout doesn't stop the fact that it's 2x bigger than red forest, has a lack of hooks, a horrible mixture between completely useless windows/pallets and god windows/pallets and even an infinite. Oh yeah, did I even mention how badly this map screws up with certain Killers?
I've tried out Blight plenty of times on this map, and wow, he's unplayable on it. This map combines the sliding that Ormond and Swamp has and the insane amount of doorways Lery's has thus making Blight straight up unplayable most of the time. Hillbilly also gets screwed over by how short the hallways are, meaning that you'll just be playing discount Bubba most of the time. Oh yeah, nearly forgot but Bubba also suffers on this map. Be prepared to bump into many things because of how tight the doorways are.
This map is just so damn disappointing. Aesthetically it's the best map in the game in my opinion, but gameplay wise it's the polar opposite.
Comments
Ooooh, also better looking than Midwich?
This post's title and first sentence seem to contradict each other, do they not?
What's the infinite on the map? I see people talking about it but I never saw it in game. But yeah, even as a GF and Wraith main I must admit the map sucks.
You're allowed to have a favorable opinion of something objectively sub-optimal, in the same way that someone would consider the Ford Model-T to be the pinnacle of vehicle performance.
If we establish "well-designed" to mean well-balanced & scaled for DBD, then RCPD is objectively badly designed.
Hold on a minute, there’s a ######### INFINITE on RPD?! Where is it? If it’s an actual infinite then my thoughts on this map are about to do a complete 180.
Agree.
Hell no. Midwich is the best map in the game 😅
To me at least. Only one I like on both sides.
Not every map has to be tailored specifically for every killer. It's not a hard concept.
It's unplayable for those killers. 80% chance you're getting a 1k if you dare to pick blight on that map.
Not really, what I was trying to say is your allowed to like the map and whatnot, but when you start telling other people that it is a well designed map then your wrong.
The fun thing is is that this map is bad for both sides. It's like Swamp in that it has a little something to ruin everyone's day. There's so many sneaky hex spawns and the map is so wide and cluttered that strong hexes like Ruin and Devour will absolutely throttle survivors here, especially if Undying is in play. Not to mention gen immediacy is at an all-time low and survivors can waste massive swathes of time looking for gens and trying to figure out how to reach hooked teammates. The thinness of its hallways makes some killer powers downright unavoidable. Its pallets are either godlike or laughably bad; same with its windows, with more emphasis on laughably bad.
It's just really not built for DBD gameplay and it shows.
(Also, you forgot Deathslinger, Huntress, and Nurse in the 'borderline unplayable killers here' section. There's a lot of powers that get mega shafted by its design.)
I still love this map. Sorry, but I love it. Indoor maps are my jam and this is the BEST one.