Devs should delay a chapter and take the time to perfect current killers, perks, & game problems

I'm thinking it would be good for the game if the Devs actually delay a chapter and take the time to really update the game. There are multiple killers that need some buffs and perks that should have an entire rework, among other game problems.

Though the Devs work hard on their work, don't get me wrong, how they buffed some killers is very simplistic, and many perks are weak and practically useless. If the Devs take a break from working super hard on the coming DLCs and delay them a couple months, they could really change things around and allow the creation of many more synergetic builds and strengthen weak killers, like the Trapper, who hasn't had a big change possibly ever.

Anyone else agree with this?

Comments

  • Ermm that is exactly what the mid chapters are for

  • @BioX said:

    Ermm that is exactly what the mid chapters are for

    And it's clearly not enough.

  • @BioX said:

    Ermm that is exactly what the mid chapters are for

    And the mid-chapters are short, and generally not too many things get fixed during those. That's why I said delay an entire chapter: so they can REALLY take the time to buff/nerf perks/killers and fix problems.

    They fix some perks/add-ons here and there, but many are still left pointless/OP. For instance, every survivor hates the iridescent hatchet, but all they did with that during their short time was deny the ability to get 2 extra hatchets. Allowing only 1 hatchet at a time actually backfires on the killer at this point. Can't think of one right now, but I'm sure there are many ways to change that.

    I really don't mean to be attacking the Devs, as I know they still work really hard on everything.

  • Wouldn't that be nice

  • They should REALLY change their schedule to 2 chapters a year rather than ######### 4. Since 3 months per chapter is not going to be sustainable in the long term if the bugs are starting to pile up.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    They should REALLY change their schedule to 2 chapters a year rather than ######### 4. Since 3 months per chapter is not going to be sustainable in the long term if the bugs are starting to pile up.

    Exactly!!! Thank you!

  • agree, also the updates should also come more frequently, especially bug fixes.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    They should REALLY change their schedule to 2 chapters a year rather than ######### 4. Since 3 months per chapter is not going to be sustainable in the long term if the bugs are starting to pile up.

    I’d be much happier if they took more time to fix content instead of focusing on new stuff more often. The same errors and bugs shouldn’t persist for YEARS.

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370190#Comment_2370190

    I’d be much happier if they took more time to fix content instead of focusing on new stuff more often. The same errors and bugs shouldn’t persist for YEARS.

    Same here. The amount of times I get bugged as Killer and Survivor is insanely stupid.

    Rubberbanding as Blight is the most consistent bug I've been experiencing and it's annoying.

  • Exactly, guys! I'm so glad you all understand/agree with my point of view. I really think they should do this. Like I said, perk changes alone would really help mix up the game through more synergetic builds. If they do that, we might not have to see Borrowed Time and Dead Hard so much in the red ranks. Glad they nerfed Decisive Strike already.

  • @notyarbllewe said:

    I'm thinking it would be good for the game if the Devs actually delay a chapter and take the time to really update the game. There are multiple killers that need some buffs and perks that should have an entire rework, among other game problems.

    Though the Devs work hard on their work, don't get me wrong, how they buffed some killers is very simplistic, and many perks are weak and practically useless. If the Devs take a break from working super hard on the coming DLCs and delay them a couple months, they could really change things around and allow the creation of many more synergetic builds and strengthen weak killers, like the Trapper, who hasn't had a big change possibly ever.

    Anyone else agree with this?

    I agree. Too bad the devs think a single mid-chapter patch is enough to sufficiently balance, fix, and rework the most dire parts of the game; especially with the added content (with its own bugs) from the recently released chapter before it.

  • Why would they change anything? BHVR is very lazy and set in their ways. As long as they're making money they probably don't care too much about pushing out quality of life changes fast. It's always going to be at a slow pace with them, always has been always will be.

    And even then I really wish they'd do what you're proposing OP so like, I'm with you I just have little to no expectations lol

  • Considering how slow they are now, I don't think 1 chapter delays is going to be enough.

  • They can take even 6 months to just fix the code, I wouldnt mind. New content is cool and all, but health of the game should be priority

  • @BenZ0 said:

    agree, also the updates should also come more frequently, especially bug fixes.

    Due to running all patches through Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo for certification one patch a week is prolly the fastest they can do changes, as they have for some time now done all updates across all platforms all at the same time.

    If it were only going through Steam there could be multiple patches within a week if necessary, but with the consoles it can take more than a week to get those certifications done.

    Trickster's chapter was pushed back a week solely because of such a delay I believe.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370211#Comment_2370211

    Due to running all patches through Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo for certification one patch a week is prolly the fastest they can do changes, as they have for some time now done all updates across all platforms all at the same time.

    If it were only going through Steam there could be multiple patches within a week if necessary, but with the consoles it can take more than a week to get those certifications done.

    Trickster's chapter was pushed back a week solely because of such a delay I believe.

    Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo continues to be the bane of crossplay.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370211#Comment_2370211

    Due to running all patches through Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo for certification one patch a week is prolly the fastest they can do changes, as they have for some time now done all updates across all platforms all at the same time.

    If it were only going through Steam there could be multiple patches within a week if necessary, but with the consoles it can take more than a week to get those certifications done.

    Trickster's chapter was pushed back a week solely because of such a delay I believe.

    I mentioned the idea because of how busy they are. With so much work, the mid-chapter patches don't give them enough time to fix the problems.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370177#Comment_2370177

    Just because every person of X group hates something doesn't make it bad.

    For example: you bring up iri hatchets (you can only have one) so it's perfectly balanced. Maybe all survivors (if they think it's op rn) need to get good. And this isn't just dismissive, it's really easy to dodge hatchets if you keep an eye and strafe.

    A killer example would be exhaustion perks: dead hard and SB in particular are hated by most killers, but you wouldn't want these nerfed/reworked.

    I'm not saying to nerf those perks. The iri hatchet is definitely not balanced. Honestly, I think it's worse on the killer's side because of how many times they have to reload their hatchets once they miss. The Brand New Part sucks on the killer's side too, as it gives the skilled survivors a free buff that they don't need. Many red rankers are using it now probably for that reason. It's even worse with keys.

    If the Devs take a break off new content, they can really balance out all of these things.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think giving the devs three months to fix all of the problems people have with the game isn't as simple as that though. They can't just suddenly come up with ideas that make every killer balanced or suddenly figure out why certain things are broken.

    And it is a risk too. Doing that could possibly break many things out of attempts of trying to fix other things. And to be fair to the devs they are completely right in saying the playerbase is a much much larger testing environment than the testing crew they have who test on the same standard hardware. Also 6 months with no content suddenly could be bad for the game. Some people could get bored and never come back, especially if the "health patch" has no perceived effect on them. Like for me for example, i haven't had any performance issues (consistent 60fps high/ultra) on what steam statistics considers to be a slightly below average PC.

    Not saying it's not a good idea but i think it's a choice that needs a lot of consideration

    The only thing I'm worried about is that people would get bored. However, giving them 3 months would still let them change a lot (and let them think of ideas they can do during the mid-chapter patches) so they could do multiple short PTB's. For instance, they could fix keys and do reworks on things that really need reworks, like the irid hatchet which now probably is crap on the killer's side.

  • @notyarbllewe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370419#Comment_2370419

    I mentioned the idea because of how busy they are. With so much work, the mid-chapter patches don't give them enough time to fix the problems.

    Like many here, I would love it if they took a chapter or two off and only worked on problems, be it a thorough optimization, perks, balance, maps, killer powers, pretty much all of it.

    If they did that for like 5-6 months with the occasional bloodhunt to entertain us and teases to entice us, we'd likely end up with a much more stable game.

    If only...