Can you re enable the DC penalty for Next Gen Consoles and Pc???
This ######### is getting stupid now.
This ######### is getting stupid now.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Probably not.
The code probably won't let them do that.
Even if the code did let them (which I doubt it does), how does it differentiate between a low end PC that is crashing because BHVR has blown off this problem for twoish years and a high end PC user who doesn't like that the killer found them first?
To be blunt, BHVR has made this bed themselves. They've blown this off for years and now it's finally REALLY starting to affect the game. It went from a "This is super inconvenient how crappy this game runs right now" to "This game can't run right now". BHVR had plenty of time to fix this up but instead they just kept ignoring it and ignoring the users who kept telling them this was going to eventually catch up to them and now they're Shocked Pikachu Face that it caught up with them and EVERYBODY gets to pay the price for their mistakes...
Nope sorry, if i go against Spirit I'm DCing & then complaining about her having no counterplay later.
It would be unfair for last gen consoles, or low end pc users to be punished for something out their power. And I don't think they could allow the penalty to apply to certain platforms only.
Im over it. I am stuck in the solo low rank survivor queues, and I swear most killers are high ranks who have deranked.
Rank 19 killer, with all purple perks, meta builds and 500 hours in the game. Sure.
It might get to the point eventually where they need to drop old gen consoles.
Unlikely when games like Battlefront II run perfectly fine on current-gen systems.
The issue lies with DBD, not the Console's.
You feel this is an old gen console problem? How do you explain my last 3 games then? All 3 survivors and killer on PC, and me on console. Each match the first 2 people hit dc, all from the PC side of things. I think its a lot of BS from both maybe???
can console turn off xrossplay because you probably should until the big patch
I have a high end pc and it happens, maybe the trash consoles are holding it back I dunno
it's also unfair to force devs to optimize for low end, last gen users while trying to provide constantly updates each month
you can't update a game forever without it slowly no longer being compatible for last gen.
time to upgrade.
I'm tired of having one DC per game. No exageration. One per game... A Survivor is downed for the first time? DC. They're hooked for the first time? DC. They see a Spirit? DC.
And when I play Killer, I rank up too easily because if I dare downing someone, they DC and give me a free kill... I'm not even allowed to learn how to play Killer. One DC and two others DC right after and I feel so bad for the last one that I let them enjoying some BP by getting the hatch...