No name...
...
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I lose all of the time as a killer (especially as Leatherface) and I have more than half of the killers at 50; one prestige III, two prestige II. This is true even at rank 10, but I've been as high as rank 2. The only time I strong as a killer is when I'm playing hillbilly on an open map and playing him effectively can be really hard against survivors that can juke well.
I can appreciate your perspective, because playing as the killer requires you to tolerate hardship. But, correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like you're mad that you're going to have to work harder to get what you want. The situation you're describing sounds like playing a killer on a normal day; personally, I am usually downing a survivor or hooking them by the time one gen pops. By the time a I hook a second survivor there are usually 3 or less gens, and in the worst case, one gen left. Granted hillybilly and the nurse are a different story.
I don't think you get it apropos. This event has added a new feature that survivors HAVE to do in order to collect vials necessary to get event clothes. All the killer has to do is play the game normally and they will get their vials filled, but for survivors there is the flowers they have to collect plus the gens and if the killer has a hex they have to get totems too. The survivors are multitasking way more than a killer does and with the new patch it takes even more time for them to complete them. So no, you can't compare this to a regular game of DbD, as this new event has skewed everything into the Killer's favor. The devs should have made it like the events before with event generators.
Disagree.
Precisely. If anything, this just goes in favor of the argument that Survivors need other objectives, like the often-times suggested generator parts or fuel canisters.
Well, goes in favor of the argument unless you're a complaining survivor-main, I guess.
Nah, on PC buddy. I don't even own a console. I've been a PC gamer for decades, and at 46-years-old, me and console controllers don't seem to get along too well. Too much of my muscle memory for gaming is based on m+kb
But I do very much thank you for the offer.
This event is completely tailored to Killers. This event sucks balls to be honest. I am not happy with it at all. Theres no point trying to do this even as survivor
No, I get it. But, you're wrong. I've played about 4 games as survivor and 4 as killer, and what I've found is that both are difficult. However, I'm having more trouble getting serum as the killer, because I can't control the placement of the hooks, and I can't control where the survivors run to. If they run too far from the hooks, and I down them, it's unlikely I can carry them that far. Not to mention, the survivors really seem to be getting off on body blocking the event hooks.
What's sort of worse, though, is that as a survivor, 2 of the games that I played had survivors working with the killer. I was downed, hooked and unhooked in front of the killer each time, while the survivor who was unhooking me just nodded up and down. The killer didn't go after them - pretty ######### too, because I was the only one who had burnt an offering and I had a full vial.
My survivor experience has led me to believe what I've always thought; there are some really ######### people that play as survivors who don't care about ruining the experience for everyone else.
Use paragraphs, please...
Why should I help them?
Devs forced me to play survivor. That's what they wanted.
Survivors need to learn that without killers there is no game.
Devs have figured it out.
First you complain that you cant rush gens because of the second objective and then you complain NOED.
So what? You cant get the gens done or you die to NOED?
This doesnt make any sense.
And btw, if you dont rush the lowers like an idiot and actually use your brain, you can do both objectives quite efficiently
If there will be no survivor soon, why are my killer queues fast AF then? Oh right, because the game is still survivor sided
If they cared about money they would cater to survivors as they are the larger base.
Finally there is no escape. Eat my knife survivors!
This thread is a bunch of nonsense.
The OP has some of the hardest to read posts I've ever seen.
Why are you upping this?
Will you going to stop playing after you've collected 30 survivor vials?
You need to play both survivor and killer to get all the reward.. So it doesn't matter.
People going in, extract nectar and die on the hook; they literally fulled their vials with SWF groups in 2 days at PS4. As a killer you need to play the whole match.. As a killer main, I got more survivor vials then the killers.
Real problem with DbD is; for every one killer main there are 4 survivors talking about themselves..
Wait...
Is the previously survivor sided game finally getting worked our to a survivor horror... where its tough to actually survive?
You bet...
Not only what OP said, but there isn't enough Putrid Nectar for every survivor, not even with offerings, and the fact that you also lose some if you don't survive isn't a good thing when there isn't enough for all, and considering how much it actually detracts from normal gameplay and wrecks balance even further, it's even worse that you lose some if you don't survive trial. Now putting on top that you only get event blood points if you harvested putrid nectar AND spent an event offering. Consider that you might not even be getting any putrid nectar from an entire, even consecutive matches where you've spent event offering (BP's) to be able to get more blood points and better chances of getting putrid nectar, but one is still not ensured any.
Basically put.. For the killer to gain the putrid nectar the killer just have to keep doing the killers objective, where the survivors have to deviate from the objective and risk that everyone gets killed in the process or in the end. Not the smartest move by BHVR. It doesn't make it any better that the hooks cannot even be sabotaged, which screws over the survivors chances of removing some of the hooks temporarily.