I honestly feel like BHVR doesn't care about console at times...

I know this isn't true. I really do. I try to give the benefit of the doubt, to be optimistic and understanding, but... ugh.

Do you know how long it's been? Today is 7/14/21 (or 14/7/21 for those that use DD/MM/YY format), so it has been 29 days. That's basically a month. A month of the game being flat-out unplayable on most consoles.

"But just get a ps5!" I'm sorry, but logistics aside, if I spent money on a game, I expect it to work. I don't know why there are people that genuinely think and say this.

And the issues aren't minor. They're game-breakingly bad. Yeah, sometimes you can get through a match without it being as bad ("as bad" being the keywords) but the very fact that it can get so severe and that it's been going on for so long is disgusting. 29 days, and we're supposed to wait until mid-chapter which would be day 42.

But the real salt in the wound? This happened during the anniversary event. It's bad enough it happened during a hyped chapter with a prolific license bringing tons of new people with a very sour first impression of the game, having a (terrible) new map that was disabled immediately, and then there was the whole cosmetic debacle.

No, it happened during an anniversary event. The time we're all supposed to be celebrating 5 years of this game, collecting crowns, and having relief from the game's massive grind—a massive chunk of the playerbase can't even play. Oh, they can suffer through game-breaking stutters with the potential crashing, but they shouldn't have to endure that.

Oh, but they extended the event, right? To the 22... when the fixes come the 27th. I know it was well-intentioned, but man, does feel like an insult. They also threw in 300k BP and 3k shards, which again, is very nice, but it feels like too little too late when console players essentially couldn't take part in an event due to no fault of their own.

Not that it's great for PC/Next Gen players either. Performance issues aside, things are so bad that the DC penalties are off, so people resort to acting like children and DC whenever the slightest thing doesn't go their way.

I know that they're trying. The fact they're even keeping the DC Penalties off because of all the crashes shows they care, but god, is it infuriating to always be on the short end of the stick with every patch. Every patch just breaks the game. There was the Clown rework with the desync issues, whatever happened with the pallets not long ago, and whatever the mess that was the Twins chapter that the game still hasn't fully recovered from. It's all so infuriating and makes the game become less and less enjoyable—not because of me becoming bored but because the game seldom works as it should.

Comments

  • They care like Amazon cares for their workers, like the Mafia cares for their marks, like governments for their citizens. Like farmers for their crops.

  • While I think the 300k BP and 3k shards were a nice gesture, I agree with you it's too little, too late.

    They released a patch, fully knowingly that it would destroy the console and low-end pc quality of gameplay. And they just gambled they would get away with it. But that's how I feel about it.

  • I think it’s come to a point where BHVR can’t optimise current gen without doing rewrites of the code which they are not going to do

  • The Devs mostly just care about PS5, XB series X, and high-end PC users. Everyone else, from the switch gamers to midrange PC's, is pretty #########.

    And because I know that's going to be censored as half of my words always are (country girl, y'all. Means something very different in NZ/AU) I'll just elaborate: The Devs have been ignoring the majority of the community because the game runs well on flagship systems and now it's biting them in the arse.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I think it’s come to a point where BHVR can’t optimise current gen without doing rewrites of the code which they are not going to do

    But just tell people that then, and remove the game from the store on those platforms. Don't let people pour money in it.

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360043#Comment_2360043

    But just tell people that then, and remove the game from the store on those platforms. Don't let people pour money in it.

    They aren’t going to do that either tbh because then console players couldn’t play at all until they get a PS5 which is currently impossible

  • They only care about sales on consoles and even if they wanted they don't know how to make a proper console game, they don't even have a proper PC game, PC dbd is slightly better. Its the same unoptimized, option lacking, bug ridden spaghetti monster.

  • They don't, seeing how it's still broken

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    They care like Amazon cares for their workers, like the Mafia cares for their marks, like governments for their citizens. Like farmers for their crops.

    I wish BHVR would care for the players like farmers care for crops

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    I know this isn't true. I really do. I try to give the benefit of the doubt, to be optimistic and understanding, but... ugh.

    Do you know how long it's been? Today is 7/14/21 (or 14/7/21 for those that use DD/MM/YY format), so it has been 29 days. That's basically a month. A month of the game being flat-out unplayable on most consoles.

    "But just get a ps5!" I'm sorry, but logistics aside, if I spent money on a game, I expect it to work. I don't know why there are people that genuinely think and say this.

    And the issues aren't minor. They're game-breakingly bad. Yeah, sometimes you can get through a match without it being as bad ("as bad" being the keywords) but the very fact that it can get so severe and that it's been going on for so long is disgusting. 29 days, and we're supposed to wait until mid-chapter which would be day 42.

    But the real salt in the wound? This happened during the anniversary event. It's bad enough it happened during a hyped chapter with a prolific license bringing tons of new people with a very sour first impression of the game, having a (terrible) new map that was disabled immediately, and then there was the whole cosmetic debacle.

    No, it happened during an anniversary event. The time we're all supposed to be celebrating 5 years of this game, collecting crowns, and having relief from the game's massive grind—a massive chunk of the playerbase can't even play. Oh, they can suffer through game-breaking stutters with the potential crashing, but they shouldn't have to endure that.

    Oh, but they extended the event, right? To the 22... when the fixes come the 27th. I know it was well-intentioned, but man, does feel like an insult. They also threw in 300k BP and 3k shards, which again, is very nice, but it feels like too little too late when console players essentially couldn't take part in an event due to no fault of their own.

    Not that it's great for PC/Next Gen players either. Performance issues aside, things are so bad that the DC penalties are off, so people resort to acting like children and DC whenever the slightest thing doesn't go their way.

    I know that they're trying. The fact they're even keeping the DC Penalties off because of all the crashes shows they care, but god, is it infuriating to always be on the short end of the stick with every patch. Every patch just breaks the game. There was the Clown rework with the desync issues, whatever happened with the pallets not long ago, and whatever the mess that was the Twins chapter that the game still hasn't fully recovered from. It's all so infuriating and makes the game become less and less enjoyable—not because of me becoming bored but because the game seldom works as it should.

    It should be DDMMYY or YYMMDD. Why do people insist on going middlest-smallest-biggest?

  • The devs never cared for console. It was a cash grab.

  • @VikingWilson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360029#Comment_2360029

    I wish BHVR would care for the players like farmers care for crops

    I maybe tipped the metaphor too far there - we're wheat or corn to be harvested, sheep to be sheared...

    Ultimately, I think the decision to help PS4 and Xbox One players will hinge on how much revenue is being lost by doing so or not doing so.

    I've been through a few of these in the past. Essentially, it's feeling exactly like it's not profitable to make any patch changes to support us 'last gen' console players. The shiny marketing dollars are coming in, apparently, from the 'next gen' console players.

  • I don’t think it’s a case of “not caring” for console, seeing as how they added Cross-Play (great move by BHVR).

    Maybe it’s their priorities that aren’t in order. Remember, BHVR isn’t a massive company with unlimited resources and staff. I’m assuming the majority of their staff is dedicated to the Cash Cow side: new content - this includes killers, survivors, and most importantly cosmetics - and game development - testing and developing new powers, tweaking addons, etc.

    Fixing optimization on last gen is probably being handled by 1 person, maybe a couple more if any? Maybe a mod will come in here and give us specifics other than “we’re working on it”.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    I don’t think it’s a case of “not caring” for console, seeing as how they added Cross-Play (great move by BHVR).

    Maybe it’s their priorities that aren’t in order. Remember, BHVR isn’t a massive company with unlimited resources and staff. I’m assuming the majority of their staff is dedicated to the Cash Cow side: new content - this includes killers, survivors, and most importantly cosmetics - and game development - testing and developing new powers, tweaking addons, etc.

    Fixing optimization on last gen is probably being handled by 1 person, maybe a couple more if any? Maybe a mod will come in here and give us specifics other than “we’re working on it”.

    Screenshot_20210827-173742_Samsung Internet.jpg

    Would you say it's fair to say half of BHVR's work (in some capacity) on DBD considering it is their main game (other than Mobile DBD)?

  • Its been years that consoles have been.on such à state

    But people keep on buying stuff as the devs dont even freaking care about it and how they dont work

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    They care like Amazon cares for their workers, like the Mafia cares for their marks, like governments for their citizens. Like farmers for their crops.

    Hey now farmers do burn their crops when they're told to

  • Lol it doesn't feel like it, that's how it is. They don't care about console players.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2458164#Comment_2458164

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/N8R83MBORHS2/screenshot-20210827-173742-samsung-internet.jpg

    Would you say it's fair to say half of BHVR's work (in some capacity) on DBD considering it is their main game (other than Mobile DBD)?

    Bro be careful I was jailed for discussing BHVRs labor force, with finer details. Keep it ambiguous and "respectful"

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2458183#Comment_2458183

    Bro be careful I was jailed for discussing BHVRs labor force, with finer details. Keep it ambiguous and "respectful"

    I'm certain it's acceptable. I've discussed it before.

    So long as I'm not attacking anyone, I should be fine.