Tricksters buffs make him a better camper and tunneler

It enables him to basically do what bubba does and down the unhooked and the unhooked quickly. I do think he needs buffs but I dont think decreasing the laceration meter is the right call

Comments

  • Camping and tunneling is playstyle the player chooses. You really can't nerf a killer based on a players play style

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    Camping and tunneling is playstyle the player chooses. You really can't nerf a killer based on a players play style

    The OP isn’t necessarily talking about that, they’re mainly talking about the killer themselves on their ability to camp. Yes people will camp with any killer but they’ll be able to do it more effectively with certain killers like Huntress, Trickster, and Bubba than they will with most other killers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    People with that playstyle will still play leatherface though probably. Doesn't really matter

    I mean, options never hurt.

  • This is what happens when they simply buff a killer’s numbers instead of putting an effort into improving them. Look at how much better the Doctor rework was.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    This is what happens when they simply buff a killer’s numbers instead of putting an effort into improving them. Look at how much better the Doctor rework was.

    Here's a better question:

    How COULD you ever buff any killer without increasing their camp/tunneling.

    I mean if you played against a doctor who knows how to camp with him you literally can't unhook infront of him as he will infinitely prevent unhooking with shock therapy's interupt/lockout.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2353720#Comment_2353720

    I really don't think they can do anything else with showstopper in my opinion. It's this or they replace his power entirely

    That would be great :)

  • @jakesotto said:

    It enables him to basically do what bubba does and down the unhooked and the unhooked quickly. I do think he needs buffs but I dont think decreasing the laceration meter is the right call

    They buffed him so he's better, these changes make him better at downing people so ofc he's better at downing people off hook.

    Personally I think the amount of knives to down for him should have been reduced by 1, 2 was a mistake just watching this gameplay, good thing it's a PTB.

  • @VenomousHawk86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/265585/tricksters-buffs-make-him-a-better-camper-and-tunneler

    They buffed him so he's better, these changes make him better at downing people so ofc he's better at downing people off hook.

    Personally I think the amount of knives to down for him should have been reduced by 1, 2 was a mistake just watching this gameplay, good thing it's a PTB.

    I doubt they will release him in current ptb state. Don't get me wrong in my opinion his changes are fantastic in my opinion. But I did play survivor vs him and he does feel oppressive in the open where there is no cover. Best thing they could is make it so when you get injured by his knifes he has a cooldown similar to huntress and deathslinger. So if a person gets injured they have a chance to run behind cover. Because as of now he can keep throwing after injuring and whatnot.

  • Good, maybe Survivors will be more cautious and actually try avoiding the killer instead of making meme clips

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2353759#Comment_2353759

    I doubt they will release him in current ptb state. Don't get me wrong in my opinion his changes are fantastic in my opinion. But I did play survivor vs him and he does feel oppressive in the open where there is no cover. Best thing they could is make it so when you get injured by his knifes he has a cooldown similar to huntress and deathslinger. So if a person gets injured they have a chance to run behind cover. Because as of now he can keep throwing after injuring and whatnot.

    But that's the one thing he has going for him over the other projectile killers. I can't see the devs removing his ability to deal laceration damage immediately after dealing a health state.

  • @jakesotto said:

    It enables him to basically do what bubba does and down the unhooked and the unhooked quickly. I do think he needs buffs but I dont think decreasing the laceration meter is the right call

    nah bubba still does it better and can do it to more than 1 player


    trickster can only do it to 1 person and borrowed time (meta perk) REALLY hurts trickster requiring another 6+ knives. Bubba just has to double tap

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2353775#Comment_2353775

    But that's the one thing he has going for him over the other projectile killers. I can't see the devs removing his ability to deal laceration damage immediately after dealing a health state.

    Dude they won't release him in his ptb state I'm pretty confident about that. I like his changes since basic tiles highwall no longer become near infinites vs him. But they will nerf him in some way, and the best thing way to nerf him so he is not at the bottom of the barrel is to give him a couple seconds cooldown when injuring someone. Maybe a 3 or 5 second cooldown animation. Because if they release him like that he will easily become the most hated killer in the game, because when there is no cover you are going 99% of the time if the trickster has 60 knifes. Or they could make it so he has 50 knifes instead of 60.

  • That is good since he needed a buff.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2353785#Comment_2353785

    Dude they won't release him in his ptb state I'm pretty confident about that. I like his changes since basic tiles highwall no longer become near infinites vs him. But they will nerf him in some way, and the best thing way to nerf him so he is not at the bottom of the barrel is to give him a couple seconds cooldown when injuring someone. Maybe a 3 or 5 second cooldown animation. Because if they release him like that he will easily become the most hated killer in the game, because when there is no cover you are going 99% of the time if the trickster has 60 knifes. Or they could make it so he has 50 knifes instead of 60.

    Do you even play killer?

    3-5 second cd for injuring a survivor? That's longer than just hitting them with an M1.

    The whole point of his blades is that he can keep applying damage with no cooldown between throws and you want to remove the one thing he has going for him.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2353785#Comment_2353785

    Dude they won't release him in his ptb state I'm pretty confident about that. I like his changes since basic tiles highwall no longer become near infinites vs him. But they will nerf him in some way, and the best thing way to nerf him so he is not at the bottom of the barrel is to give him a couple seconds cooldown when injuring someone. Maybe a 3 or 5 second cooldown animation. Because if they release him like that he will easily become the most hated killer in the game, because when there is no cover you are going 99% of the time if the trickster has 60 knifes. Or they could make it so he has 50 knifes instead of 60.

    And when there is no cover you're going to get m1'd VS any other killer, ranged or not. Nerfing an already weak killer that really needed the buff they're giving him by adding an unnecessary cooldown to his already weak power is ridiculous.

  • Yep and that's why I love to camp and tunnel the ######### out of people that brings keys to my games

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2353793#Comment_2353793

    Do you even play killer?

    3-5 second cd for injuring a survivor? That's longer than just hitting them with an M1.

    The whole point of his blades is that he can keep applying damage with no cooldown between throws and you want to remove the one thing he has going for him.

    I played every killer in the game to some extent. Look I don't track these small detail like that, for example how long cooldowns take I just play the game and have fun. Have the latest ptb? have you played the latest ptb? Because if you have, I wonder did you even played survivor. Because everyone is agreeing even me as a person who made this account to ask for buffs for the trickster, I saw that he is busted in the open. Because as long as he has 60 knifes in the open if there is no cover is pretty much a 99% down. Giving him a cooldown when he injures with his knifes would be the best changed they could make without making it so he stays weak.