Put DC penalties back on please

I understood taking it off when there was game crashing issues however that isn't the case now. While there are still alot of issue from frames and lag especially on console we know it's a risk with the lag but having people dc is just ruining everyone else chance at a fun match. Especially when there be cake. People are just quitting on down not due to lost connection and so it should be brought back.

Comments

  • People were reporting yesterday that they were still getting crashes on console. While it happens less, it's still an issue that would punish players that are having issues with last gen consoles. Until they can come out with a patch that definitively puts console out of risk of crashing and then punishing players for a dev issue, the DC penalties need to stay off.

  • Personally I think the console and PC versions should be given separate treatment. Turn the dc penalty back on for PC at least. YOu can't get into a game without someone quitting.

  • I crashed twice yesterday so I'd rather not.

    Current gen is a nightmare

  • I play both roles and as killer its meh. But as survivor its a death sentence. Its so annoying to have the first down dc while right next to you.

  • I would rather them not with how often people are crashing.

    Even on PC it is still happening.

  • I wouldn't say the crashing bugs have been fixed as I did have one instance of a hard crash on my xbox where I was completely frozen on the loading screen and had to unplug and replug it


    But with how rare it is and with how many people are dc'ing I think they should bring it back in some way like if you disconnect 2 matches in a row lag or otherwise you suffer a temporary 1 minute timeout with further dc's resulting in longer wait times in between


    And this is coming from someone who has lagged out of a few matches


    Either that or give killers the points they would have gotten from the person who disconnected

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Personally I think the console and PC versions should be given separate treatment. Turn the dc penalty back on for PC at least. YOu can't get into a game without someone quitting.

    Nope. They can add DC penalties after fix crash problems. Also this is not seem fair, console players can dc without penalty but pc players will have penalty?


    We just can hope they will fix this problem soon.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2350571#Comment_2350571

    Nope. They can add DC penalties after fix crash problems. Also this is not seem fair, console players can dc without penalty but pc players will have penalty?

    We just can hope they will fix this problem soon.

    The thing is. Stuff like this happens EVERY, SINGLE, PATCH. It's become so common that it is the norm. A game should not be run like this. This game has only lasted as long as it has because there is no real competition. The devs know this and they have become complacent. Whatever they do to the crashing problems. I can guarantee it's not going to "fix" it. It's going to "help" but not solve the problem. Like putting a band aid over a severed limb.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2350894#Comment_2350894

    The thing is. Stuff like this happens EVERY, SINGLE, PATCH. It's become so common that it is the norm. A game should not be run like this. This game has only lasted as long as it has because there is no real competition. The devs know this and they have become complacent. Whatever they do to the crashing problems. I can guarantee it's not going to "fix" it. It's going to "help" but not solve the problem. Like putting a band aid over a severed limb.

    Yeah this is BHVR. Never listen community, never fix problems but more new chapters and cosmetics.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2350905#Comment_2350905

    I mean this is also the first time that it has significantly impacted their design department. They've actively needed to make the RPD map look worse in order to make it playable.

    I think some swarming is going to be done on the optimization front.

    I do give them a slight pass on the RPD map. There probably wasn't a whole lot of say on their part. Capcom probably insisted the map would like just like the game. However this is not the only chapter where BHVR broke the game. Not in the slightest. I do feel BHVR should have stress tested this chapter before releasing it.

  • @Majin151 said:

    I wouldn't say the crashing bugs have been fixed as I did have one instance of a hard crash on my xbox where I was completely frozen on the loading screen and had to unplug and replug it

    But with how rare it is and with how many people are dc'ing I think they should bring it back in some way like if you disconnect 2 matches in a row lag or otherwise you suffer a temporary 1 minute timeout with further dc's resulting in longer wait times in between

    And this is coming from someone who has lagged out of a few matches

    Either that or give killers the points they would have gotten from the person who disconnected

    Btw crashing at loading wouldn't hit you with a dc ban, dc bans only applies to when you quit after the match starts.

    @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2350571#Comment_2350571

    Nope. They can add DC penalties after fix crash problems. Also this is not seem fair, console players can dc without penalty but pc players will have penalty?

    We just can hope they will fix this problem soon.

    PC players dont have the issue it what hes implying not because they should be allowed to be petty. If your connection doesn't drop you shouldn't dc. If you quit while connected you deserve a ban

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2350714#Comment_2350714

    Btw crashing at loading wouldn't hit you with a dc ban, dc bans only applies to when you quit after the match starts.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2350894#Comment_2350894

    PC players dont have the issue it what hes implying not because they should be allowed to be petty. If your connection doesn't drop you shouldn't dc. If you quit while connected you deserve a ban

    Problem is they cannot tell the difference between connection issues and an actual manual dc. So they are penalized the same.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Personally I think the console and PC versions should be given separate treatment. Turn the dc penalty back on for PC at least. YOu can't get into a game without someone quitting.

    They won't do that. Their track record has shown they do changes to all platforms all at the same time, so it never again blatently looks like preferential treatment, just one single playerbase.

    The moment they activated Crossplay we were all are tossed into the quicksand together bois n guls! :)

  • me personally think the DC penalty should be loss in ranks dont wanna give them time unless its 24 hr ban for it maybe people not think about DC as a way out of it.. maybe put a condition that if say it is server shut down or something that loss in ranks doesnt happen or something if that's even possible. i get tired of losing ranks in a game when all the survivors DC because they got caught or right before a hooking and points scale doesn't even meet the line to keep the rank or node at least.

  • @rachealfury666 said:

    me personally think the DC penalty should be loss in ranks dont wanna give them time unless its 24 hr ban for it maybe people not think about DC as a way out of it.. maybe put a condition that if say it is server shut down or something that loss in ranks doesnt happen or something if that's even possible. i get tired of losing ranks in a game when all the survivors DC because they got caught or right before a hooking and points scale doesn't even meet the line to keep the rank or node at least.

    But then you could derank super easily. I never DC, but I might to get more consistently easy survivors. I have only been playing for a week and would really prefer not playing against red and purple ranks for just a bit while I am learning the ropes.

  • Got a crash a few hours ago, its still a thing

  • How many active games do you know that don't have leaver penalties?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351388#Comment_2351388

    How many active games do you know that don't have leaver penalties?

    I have had a small amount only 1-2 people have left in my sessions if i was doing killer but i did not get mad at all if they want to leave the match it is their choice. Why shall a video game punish players if they are inexperienced and doesnt know what to do.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351388#Comment_2351388

    How many active games do you know that don't have leaver penalties?

    Plenty don't as long as you're playing Causal and not Competitive.

  • With most of them being a gradual timeout penalty