Last gen people who aren't planning on switching or buying ssd soon, what will you do?

Comments

  • My boyfriend and I both play on last gen Xbox One and apart from some minor lag and stuttering, the game is running just fine.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2338001#Comment_2338001

    The main issue is that ff14 having their own servers means that they do not have to apply their update to the servers of other platforms, they just have to update their own servers. That's why when FF14 has an issue that needs a fix, it will be fixed within a week at most(it gets uploaded as soon as it's ready to be uploaded), where in DBD, it takes at least 2 weeks(it gets uploaded about 12 days after it's ready to be uploaded).

    And no, dont underestimate the sheer amount of random maps on a server. You cannot compress the data of those maps, where on other games that use the exact same maps, you can cache most of the map on the server for multiple game, you cant really do that on a game where there are 36 maps total, of which only 9 have relatively little randomness to it(licensed maps, 4 of which being springwood, which are still quite random), with none of the other maps being quite the same and hundreds of thousands of matches being played every single minute. Yeah, a lot of processing comes to map generation alone. It's why most gamebreaking bugs lately are related to maps rather than perks or abilities.

    And no, my argument still holds. It's core code is aged, sure, but that doesnt mean it's grown out of 5 year old hardware.

    I mean, even if they were to optimize the code right now to reduce update bugs, they would still need a seperate optimization for map generation. You cant expect updating the code to fix consile issues. DBD was never made for consoles. It's a console port. It's updated to no longer be able to run perfectly on 5 year old hardware. BHVR isnt a big company in terms of people working there. With all that in mind, you cannot expect a small company to accomodate for 5 year old hardware on a game that recieves updates untill this day. And consoles suffer compared to PC, since consoles are made with hardware that is almost irreplacable and often not the most recent hardware on release.

    So yeah, I agree dbd needs a revamp in code, I agree dbd needs a revamp in many things, but that doesnt mean the argument that "dbd should run fine on 5 year old software" is correct, let alone the argument that updates need to be faster. Because dbd isnt 5 year old software. If BHVR was a bigger company, I'd agree with you. If BHVR had their own servers, I'd agree with you. If BHVR had a team that was allowed to fully criticize the game's flaws and what needs changes, rather than a team designated to keep patching the old game up, I'd agree with you.

    But that is not the case. With the current stance of their company, their team and their software, I have to argue against the argument that "DBD is 5 years old and I should be able to play it on 5+year old hardware with no issues". Does that excempt BHVR from their mistakes? No, they absolutely NEED to take the risk in revamping their code. They NEED to take a risk and dictate map RNG based on which killer is played rather than maps are equal to all killers. They NEED to find a way to be able to get hotfixes through faster methods(it's possible, but I'm fairly certain it will cost them a bit of money to do so). But just because that needs to be done and that those fixes will help on older consoles, doesnt make the argument that is being made a valid one.

    That's like arguing against a law being stupid, and instead of going to the government to have a stupid law being revamped just breaking the law on how stupid it actually is and refusing to pay the bail coming with that because you think it's a stupid law. It might, by all means, be a stupid law. But it is still a law and law enforcement is inplace to uphold all laws. So you can see that breaking the law even though you're fully correct in it being a stupid law, isnt a valid option to argue it's a stupid law.

    Reminder that:

    1. A bunch of people cannot upgrade to the "superior next gen hardware" and likely will not be able to for months
    2. DBD is not that complex, the graphics aren't even that of Apex, it should not be struggling on PS4 and Xbox One, given these consoles' power.
    3. RE8 runs at a stable 30FPS on console, DBD does not, proving that the issue is not the hardware but DBD itself
    4. Apex has bigger maps and more players on screen, yet has no frame drops whatsoever. Again, proof that it's DBD.

    Like, it's fairly obvious that it's DBD. "5 year old hardware" is not that outdated in the slightest and people keep underestimating the power that the "last gen consoles" have to excuse BHVR.

    Besides, if the thing about the game loading up every single file for a trial is true, PS5s and other consoles will begin to lag a few chapters later too. And things will just repeat themselves.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    My boyfriend and I both play on last gen Xbox One and apart from some minor lag and stuttering, the game is running just fine.

    Interesting. You are probably the only person here (I might have seen one more) to say this.

    No crippling freezes especially as/against nemesis that affect the gameplay in negative way?

    I am on ps4 pro but would love to see a video or two of your nemesis games. It might help us discover something we are missing because devs said it is hdd issue and people who switched to ssd see the improvement.

    If you can't I understand. Thanks for sharing your experience.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356747#Comment_2356747

    Interesting. You are probably the only person here (I might have seen one more) to say this.

    No crippling freezes especially as/against nemesis that affect the gameplay in negative way?

    I am on ps4 pro but would love to see a video or two of your nemesis games. It might help us discover something we are missing because devs said it is hdd issue and people who switched to ssd see the improvement.

    If you can't I understand. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    I mean it's definitely worse then before. But it's no where near unplayable/game breaking. And it's not bad enough to make me stop playing the game or have fun with it.

    All the complaints really do baffle me as an Xbox player. I can definitely see that there are issues but the issues are so minimal for me.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356757#Comment_2356757

    I mean it's definitely worse then before. But it's no where near unplayable/game breaking. And it's not bad enough to make me stop playing the game or have fun with it.

    All the complaints really do baffle me as an Xbox player. I can definitely see that there are issues but the issues are so minimal for me.

    Game is not freezing for a second or two when some action takes place? For example when I dead hard I just freeze in place. Killer hits me with sloppy game just freezes. Whenever something happens somewhere else that happens too.

    There are a lot of video examples in optimisation thread of people experiencing similar issues.


    I can't consider this playable, that is why I am not playing since it worsened last patch.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356766#Comment_2356766

    Game is not freezing for a second or two when some action takes place? For example when I dead hard I just freeze in place. Killer hits me with sloppy game just freezes. Whenever something happens somewhere else that happens too.

    There are a lot of video examples in optimisation thread of people experiencing similar issues.

    I can't consider this playable, that is why I am not playing since it worsened last patch.

    It occasionally does freeze with certain actions. Like being hit, someone being hooked, ect. But like you said it only lasts a second or two so it doesn't really affect me negatively.

    The only time I really get angered by the freezes is when it happens during a skill check but that actually rarely happens as well.

  • Wait so last gen consoles HAVE to buy a ssd to play? The heck? What happened to the optimization from 3 years ago? This is why they need to think of consoles as well, not just pc, I am on pc and find this bs.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    Wait so last gen consoles HAVE to buy a ssd to play? The heck? What happened to the optimization from 3 years ago? This is why they need to think of consoles as well, not just pc, I am on pc and find this bs.

    5g6ka2.jpg

    ..

  • You ######### legend lmao, for people who are sensible and won't be getting an SSD, just take some comfort in the fact that the SSD fixes everything, that means bhvr have the power to address this issue and people saying the hardware's too old are just uneducated on the issue and it's purely a code problem that can be fixed.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    Wait so last gen consoles HAVE to buy a ssd to play? The heck? What happened to the optimization from 3 years ago? This is why they need to think of consoles as well, not just pc, I am on pc and find this bs.

    My Xbox1x came with a variety of SSD in it. Pulsar also has the same Xbox and tried an SSD on his, and it made no difference to the freezes, stutters, and lags.

    So this "solution" won't help either...

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356809#Comment_2356809

    My Xbox1x came with a variety of SSD in it. Pulsar also has the same Xbox and tried an SSD on his, and it made no difference to the freezes, stutters, and lags.

    So this "solution" won't help either...

    It does help there are people in the SSD thread who have switched and have the same results, the Xbox comes with a hybrid ssd which isn't really an SSD at all, it's a step up from a basic HDD but it's nowhere near the SSD level of performance.

  • @Razorbeam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2357871#Comment_2357871

    It does help there are people in the SSD thread who have switched and have the same results, the Xbox comes with a hybrid ssd which isn't really an SSD at all, it's a step up from a basic HDD but it's nowhere near the SSD level of performance.

    I realize it helps other consoles, just saying not Xbox1x machines

  • @Pulsar said:

    Continue to suffer.

    I shouldn't have to pay 150 USD to make a 5 year old game playable.

    100% this.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2357877#Comment_2357877

    I realize it helps other consoles, just saying not Xbox1x machines

    Someone bought a SSD the for the Xbox one and has had all stutters fixed and the frame rate is stable, as I'm a playstation user, what is the difference between original Xbox 1 and a 1x ?

  • @shanny_boi said:

    Is it really that bad on console? I play on PC and fortunately have experienced practically no performance issues. Did the last update really shatter the performance on console?

    It literally lags constantly. Imagine going to make a save and in the middle of the animation, you literally freeze for six seconds. That's not an exaggeration. Every interaction with the killer, your game freezes. I vaulted a window the other day on my way to make a save and was frozen there for three seconds. It's constant. I can't use DS, and maybe Dead Hard works once out of four or five tries. Just regular skill checks are incredible difficult because your game freezes.

  • @Razorbeam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2357880#Comment_2357880

    Someone bought a SSD the for the Xbox one and has had all stutters fixed and the frame rate is stable, as I'm a playstation user, what is the difference between original Xbox 1 and a 1x ?

    It has a 1T memory hybrid SSD instead of the older HHD, is four times stronger than the regular Xbox1, and downloads like twice as fast if not more. Microsoft claimed it was the strongest of the proir gen machines, even a PS4 Pro.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2357884#Comment_2357884

    It has a 1T memory hybrid SSD instead of the older HHD, is four times stronger than the regular Xbox1, and downloads like twice as fast if not more. Microsoft claimed it was the strongest of the proir gen machines, even a PS4 Pro.

    Then that would confirm the SSD would work for your model like the original Xbox 1, the problem again lies in the hybrid it comes with.

    Don't get it twisted though the problem lies on BHVR's shoulders and it is not for you to fix with your wallet, I was lucky enough to have an SSD lying about from my PC to try it with. The good news now is bhvr know what's causing all the issues and they appear to be working on it.

  • I'm just not playing as much. Playing in short bursts so I don't get too fed up, switch games constantly.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Continue to suffer.

    I shouldn't have to pay 150 USD to make a 5 year old game playable.

    Basically this as well.

  • Its not your console thats at fault. As soon as the visual rework started the game has had performance issues, even on PC.

  • @Razorbeam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2358284#Comment_2358284

    Then that would confirm the SSD would work for your model like the original Xbox 1, the problem again lies in the hybrid it comes with.

    Don't get it twisted though the problem lies on BHVR's shoulders and it is not for you to fix with your wallet, I was lucky enough to have an SSD lying about from my PC to try it with. The good news now is bhvr know what's causing all the issues and they appear to be working on it.

    What I am saying is Pulsar also has an Xbox1x like mine, and had a SSD lying about and tried it on his, and found no improvement to the frames and such.

  • Play darkest dungeon, and skullgirl second encore.

  • I'd like to point out I HAVE an SSD and the game still runs like #########, it helps sure but it's still really bad.


    Also why are consoles stuck on ultra settings?


    We can't see #########

  • @Bastard_Disaster said:

    I'd like to point out I HAVE an SSD and the game still runs like #########, it helps sure but it's still really bad.

    Also why are consoles stuck on ultra settings?

    We can't see #########

    What console are you on exactly ? And is the SSD pure or hybrid ? Would be really helpful for information if you don't mind.

1 2 ›