Blood Web pollution is a consequence of actually spending money on the game
Buy more chapters and level the characters? That means more garbage perks to pollute your blood web, especially if you play Killer, since there is actually a reason to level many of them, as opposed to your Survivor of choice, which are skins at the end of the day.
The solution? I propose the ability to deactivate certain perks from appearing in the blood web. Sure, let Monstrous Shrine be exempt because it is a default perk. But why am I forced to have Mindbreaker in the blood webs of all my Killers because I made the mistake of leveling up Demo?
Comments
As a new player who only leveled Hag to 35 and Freddy to 50 after buying Barbecue and Chili... I can tell you, it really isn't that great even with basically no perks unlocked but the two you are looking for.
I am sure it gets much worse, but they are always diluted.
I can tell you it gets exponentially worse the more Killers you level.
I think it should be limited to 2 things (perks, items, add-ons, offerings) that can be banned. Otherwise people will abuse it to have the bloodweb give only tombstone piece and Styptic Agent and OP/annoying stuff like that.
I am only referring to Perks. The other stuff works fine, IMO.
"The solution? I propose the ability to deactivate certain perks from appearing in the blood web."
Did you even read the OP's post?
yo when they next dlc drops and you dont want their perks on your killers then maybe dont unlock their teachables? Nothing is forcing you to unlock them, you can still level them up without getting them.
If it's just perks, they could also make it to where you can "prefer" up to 4 perks or something that will have a higher chance of appearing in your bloodweb.
Oops.
If you don't, you are restricted to a single perk option for your subsequent webs until you take pick the teachable. Clearly a deterrent to force your to take the teachable.
Mean while there's me that just grabs the perk from the blood web no matter what
A better solution would be just remove perk tiers altogether. There is no need to have to spend points 3 times for every single perk in the game in 2021 with so many than when the game was released.
You can work your way around and progress in the bloodwebs without obtaining it, that means it is optional. The game is not forcing you to get the teachable to go to new bloodwebs.
It's not just perk dilution, it's also the exponential grind. Every time a chapter drops that's 6 new perks, to unlock, and then 18 new perks to grind out on any characters you want them on. 2 perks per bloodweb makes that 9 additional blood webs, for every character. God help you if you're relatively new and don't already have every existing perk on your main characters. 5 chapters per year, that makes the grind today roughly 90 more blood webs to grind out on every character today than it was 2 years ago...
We need a significant reduction to the grind, mainly for newer players.
One solution to this is: When a perk is unlocked (either automatically for generics or when you unlock a teachable) then every survivor/killer automatically gains access to that perk at Tier 1. You then only need to grind out the Tier 2 and 3 versions of the perk.
This not only reduces the perk grind by a third, but it also eliminates that initial frustration that you simply can't find that perk you just unlocked. It won't be the best version of it, but at least you can use the weakest version of it if you need it.
IMO they should reward you for buying more DLCs. Instead, they make the game even more tedious with all the grind and useless perks you have to unlock, in hope you can get a decent perk after grinding 100 bloodwebs.
This is even worse for new players. I'm at 4.5k hours and I'm still grinding. If I were to start the game now, I would have given up already.
I think they should eliminate perk tiers. There's still a ton of blood points to spend without having to go through 3 tiers of every perk, especially when the differences between the tiers aren't that great.