This game is in a bad state right now

I tried to play this game only for dailies, since the constant freezes started. But no, I can't even do that. I can't play one ######### game of killer without pulling my hair out because every ######### time I use my power on any killer, the game freezes. You say it affects both sides equally? BULL #########! It's like every killer I play is 110%, even the ones that should be 115%, because I'm doing nothing at all wrong with my movement, but I guess there's mini freezes or something for like a millisecond, because I cannot even catch up to the survivors for the life of me. I just can't ######### do it! I wanted to try out some of the cosmetics I bought, grind a bunch of matches, play the new characters. There's no point in any of it though, because the game is unoptimized and glitchy, AND THIS ######### SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED THE FIRST DAY!

Comments

  • Always had been

  • No it shouldn't have been fixed the first day. It should have been tested before they had to commit to the release date and then pulled. If they had delayed the launch of the new chapter we could all still be enjoying the pre 5.0.0.0 version.

    I can wait for Nemesis, I can wait for the new map, and I can even wait for the event.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/260583/this-game-is-a-piece-of-garbage-right-now

    No it shouldn't have been fixed the first day. It should have been tested before they had to commit to the release date and then pulled. If they had delayed the launch of the new chapter we could all still be enjoying the pre 5.0.0.0 version.

    I can wait for Nemesis, I can wait for the new map, and I can even wait for the event.

    It was tested.

    There were known issues for both PS4 and Xbox One listed in the release day Patch Notes.

    They tested this ######### oj Console and decided to push it out anyway.

  • Agreed. It's highly frustrating at the moment. I am taking time off until it's fixed.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304795#Comment_2304795

    It was tested.

    There were known issues for both PS4 and Xbox One listed in the release day Patch Notes.

    They tested this ######### oj Console and decided to push it out anyway.

    I'm on PS5 and unfortunately the PS5 flashing graphics issues have not been acknowledged at all.

  • Bad? I would say it is one of the worst states ever:

    -The game barely works on console, and even PC players are having problems.

    -If you do manage to play, it is survivor pre-dropping pallets and holding W all the time.

    -Every single reworked map is terrible, and you have to play them all the time. On top of that, the new map doesn't even work.

    -The horror aesthetic, one of the most important things in the game, is gone.

    -Killers such as Billy and Freddy are stuck with bad versions of their power and BVHR doesn't say a word about it.

    -Optimization is nothing but a distant dream.

    -The upcoming event is literally recycled, not to mention something else that I can't say here.

    And this sad list goes on. Now, explain to me what the hell is this.

    I am pretty sure they can do better than this.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    I tried to play this game only for dailies, since the constant freezes started. But no, I can't even do that. I can't play one ######### game of killer without pulling my hair out because every ######### time I use my power on any killer, the game freezes. You say it affects both sides equally? BULL #########! It's like every killer I play is 110%, even the ones that should be 115%, because I'm doing nothing at all wrong with my movement, but I guess there's mini freezes or something for like a millisecond, because I cannot even catch up to the survivors for the life of me. I just can't ######### do it! I wanted to try out some of the cosmetics I bought, grind a bunch of matches, play the new characters. There's no point in any of it though, because the game is unoptimized and glitchy, AND THIS ######### SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED THE FIRST DAY!

    How fun do you think skill checks are with the constant freezing? What about being chased by a killer? Why do you think it's harder for you? Good god.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Come back to this post... look above the title.

    Unbelievable.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304904#Comment_2304904

    I'm on PS5 and unfortunately the PS5 flashing graphics issues have not been acknowledged at all.

    I see the map flashing too on PS4.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/260583/this-game-is-in-a-bad-state-right-now

    How fun do you think skill checks are with the constant freezing? What about being chased by a killer? Why do you think it's harder for you? Good god.

    Yes, it is worse for the killer. Because the only time it's actually gonna hurt you when you're in chase. Killer is in chase all the time, survivors individually are in chase for like 1/4 of their match.

  • M1 as killer is ok, camera spins to the side on occasion but its done that for a while.

    Survivor is a bit jittery

    Demon strike with Oni jitters alot making it hard to land strikes whereas I barely used to miss with them.

    Haven't tried any other killers yet

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    I tried to play this game only for dailies, since the constant freezes started. But no, I can't even do that. I can't play one ######### game of killer without pulling my hair out because every ######### time I use my power on any killer, the game freezes. You say it affects both sides equally? BULL #########! It's like every killer I play is 110%, even the ones that should be 115%, because I'm doing nothing at all wrong with my movement, but I guess there's mini freezes or something for like a millisecond, because I cannot even catch up to the survivors for the life of me. I just can't ######### do it! I wanted to try out some of the cosmetics I bought, grind a bunch of matches, play the new characters. There's no point in any of it though, because the game is unoptimized and glitchy, AND THIS ######### SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED THE FIRST DAY!

    Utah?

  • I'm personally pretty disappointed by the fact that more than a week after release, none of the crippling problems introduced by this new patch have been solved and there's no news as to whenever they'll be fixed. I was optimistic when I saw the first bugfix patch then disappointed when I saw that about none of the big problems seemed to be fixed.

    At least when Trickster came out in his super weak launch state, he was fixed and patched within a week. Now a whole bunch of maps are causing problems, the new map is still broken and a plethora of other stuff is happening.

    Behavior should probably take a step back and maybe spend more time preparing and testing their content, even if it means less new content. The fact that the new content comes out in a poorly functionning state typically means that it only starts working when the next chapter release looms ahead, where the new content also poorly performs, which leads a huge trail of half-baked content that needs overhauls but never truly get finished. At one point they should face the entirety of their work and actually make sure that everything is in a truly finished state.