Crossplay Text Chat - Overwatch even has this now!

Overwatch launched crossplay today with PC/PS/Xbox/Switch - And now there's a text chat for all players. Which used to not be a thing on console.

What's DBD's excuse?

Comments

  • People actually want post game chat? But why

  • It’s a different game?

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    People actually want post game chat? But why

    Pre game chat... There's 0 coordination between console and PC players.

  • @th3 said:

    It’s a different game?

    Doesnt matter we should have a text chat


    @ShinobuSK said:

    People actually want post game chat? But why

    Why not? would be a better question.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    People actually want post game chat? But why

    For me its to say gg lol. If im worried the end game chat will be bad ill just leave right away problems solved. That or just make it a option because im fine for getting called a toxic tryhard.

  • @NemIsLive said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2301144#Comment_2301144

    Pre game chat... There's 0 coordination between console and PC players.

    True, that would helped solo a lot, or at least let survivors see their perks before game starts. So you know that cheryl is running Head on and play around it for example

  • Op asked what DbD’s excuse for not having crossplay chat was. Different games have different priorities on what features they implement. So please read that more carefully next time.

  • Coordination pre-match for survivors can be massively game changing for solos. I don't understand why they're not implementing this. SWF's are on com's already, PC & Console solo's have no way of communicating / socializing at all. It's a big missed opportunity in my eyes.

  • I hope it never happens. At least not while the game is in this state. Most toxic survivors I encounter are console players. I am relieved when the game ends and they cannot say anything to me but then again everyone should have the possibility of chatting post-game.

  • @NemIsLive said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2301144#Comment_2301144

    Pre game chat... There's 0 coordination between console and PC players.

    It would take like 10 years to type anything though.

    But i guess you can tell your teammates that you got certain perks (e.g DS,Unbreakable,BT etc.)

  • I would love post game chat, has been surprisingly positive with same system people recently.


    Mostly I just want to explain something and it’s not people being toxic to each other.


    Should definitely be a thing

  • As a console player, no thanks. PC folks seem unhinged in the post game chat from what I've seen. Though I will just leave and not read it, which seems like most PC players are incapable of doing?

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    As a console player, no thanks. PC folks seem unhinged in the post game chat from what I've seen. Though I will just leave and not read it, which seems like most PC players are incapable of doing?

    @MintberryCrunch said:

    I would love post game chat, has been surprisingly positive with same system people recently.

    Mostly I just want to explain something and it’s not people being toxic to each other.

    Should definitely be a thing

    @Drekathar said:

    I hope it never happens. At least not while the game is in this state. Most toxic survivors I encounter are console players. I am relieved when the game ends and they cannot say anything to me but then again everyone should have the possibility of chatting post-game.

    Puhleez. You can't even curse anymore with the annoying ass chat filter they added. Chat is EXTREMELY tame now.