300K isnt nearly enough.

How can 300k be enough to cover the annoyance of not being able to play the new map? Not to mention the FPS and Lag spikes throughout each match. You guys didn't even throw us a double BP event. Come on guys Throw us a fricken bone here!!!

Comments

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280076#Comment_2280076

    You specifically said, in a very cogently-argued comment, "I'm happy the map ain't playable cuz it looks like it'll be a ######### map". You continued to debate me when I said that your comment was selfish. Now you're saying that you don't care one way or the other yet continue to insist that the map is trash (despite having admitted to never playing it) and act as if you speak for "the majority" of players, a number that you have no source for and cannot quantify, when you claim that they all hate indoor maps. You've made it abundantly clear that you don't want the map, and that decision appears to be informed by nothing more than the fact that it's indoors.

    How hard is that to understand? Being that I'm not the one who was taking pleasure in other players being denied something that they might like, I'd say pretty hard.

    Do I want the map? Yes, because I enjoyed it. Barring that, you may have noticed that my problem is with your attitude that other people, not myself, shouldn't have the things that you may not like. You've been making the argument that the map should stay deleted because you don't like it. I've been making the argument that whether the map is enjoyable is a decision that others should be allowed to make for themselves. You're seriously calling ME the selfish one?

    It's actually startling how aggresive someone can be towards someone having a harmless different opinion to theirs.

  • @Babawizwiz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/258292/300k-isnt-nearly-enough

    What is this fps lag spikes everyone is talking about? is this only for console players?

    It's more noticeable on console. But people on pc are talking about frame drops aswell

  • @yandere777 said:

    Gets thrown a bone and complains about said bone, do you want a whole dinosaur museum? I'm happy the new map ain't playable cuz it looks like it'll be a ######### map and 300k bp is pretty nice. Basically started me off at 1.3 mil bp which all got dumped into nemesis.

    I mean, my own dinosaur museum would be pretty cool

  • @Schardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279814#Comment_2279814

    I somewhat agree with your but we gotta be honest here - BP is an arbitrary currency that holds absolutely no value for the Devs since BP can't buy you anything else than things in the Blood Web. You can't buy BP for real money and you can't use BP in the shop. So the Devs don't lose anything by giving everybody free BP.

    Sure, one could argue that people stop playing and thus stop spending money after they grinded out everything but .. no... even if that would be the case most would probably return when a new DLC releases to grind more.

    Furthermore 300k BP is nothing compared to how much there is to unlock now.

    It holds a value. Its called in-game progression. If i was the lead Dev in this game, You wouldnt get squat!!! Why give you free stuff, when you can play the game longer??? More time for players to get what they want, means more time the game is alive, which means more time being a cash cow. Economics

    Its CLEAR that BloodPoints hold value, otherwise OP would never had come here to complain like a toddler. OR the person i replied to below.......

    @Karao_Ke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279814#Comment_2279814

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279819#Comment_2279819

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279821#Comment_2279821

    It's not about wanting more bloodpoints, it's about how horrible this chapter release was and how we, the players, should get some kind-of compensation for it, especially since a lot of people can't even play it due to lag and some even reporting about their consoles overheating. This is serious stuff.

    Cry more about FREE stuff. Cry LOUDER, and see where it gets you........ The more you whine about FREE stuff, the less likely you will continue to receive FREE stuff

    The game is literally FIVE YEARS OLD!!!! and you are crying about FREE stuff and expansions..... ALMOST every developer and publisher out there WILL NOT continue development and progression of a game past one year, TWO if its really successful

    EDIT: count your blessing... The game is still alive, and still expanding. You are doing nothing to help the game by making childish complaints

    TL;DR cry more receive less

  • @LilCrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280718#Comment_2280718

    It holds a value. Its called in-game progression. If i was the lead Dev in this game, You wouldnt get squat!!! Why give you free stuff, when you can play the game longer??? More time for players to get what they want, means more time the game is alive, which means more time being a cash cow. Economics

    Its CLEAR that BloodPoints hold value, otherwise OP would never had come here to complain like a toddler. OR the person i replied to below.......

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279939#Comment_2279939

    Cry more about FREE stuff. Cry LOUDER, and see where it gets you........ The more you whine about FREE stuff, the less likely you will continue to receive FREE stuff

    The game is literally FIVE YEARS OLD!!!! and you are crying about FREE stuff and expansions..... ALMOST every developer and publisher out there WILL NOT continue development and progression of a game past one year, TWO if its really successful

    EDIT: count your blessing... The game is still alive, and still expanding. You are doing nothing to help the game by making childish complaints

    TL;DR cry more receive less

    Jesus ... you seem incredibly upset about my comment.

    Good thing you're not the lead Dev I suppose since you didn't even really understand what I was saying.

    First of all I never cried about the 300k, nor did I complain about it. I was pretty happy about them actually since Nemesis just released and the 1M BP I saved up only gave me crap Perks in the Bloodweb, so those 300k were really useful. At least I ended up with 1 gen regression Perk...wohoo.

    I merely stated that BP don't have any real value for the Devs per se which still is true. Devs can give you as much BP as they'd like without loosing anything of real value if it's within a reasonable margin ofc but I didn't think I had to specify that further in order to not go people completely bonkers over this statement.

    It's a given that it'd hurt the game if the Devs would just gift everyone 9999999999999999999BP so everybody has everything unlocked instantly. But we're speaking about 300k here. If you really push your limits that's even less than you can get from 3 games as a Killer, so again - Devs don't lose anything here.


    For you, as a player, BP ofc do have value but I haven't been talking about that.

    Also the Devs have complete control over the value BP can hold for their customers. They can inflate and deflate this arbitrary currency as they see fit at any given point. They could theoretically even completely revamp the whole system within the next month if they wanted to. As the game keeps progressing this currency inflates more and more because more Perks, Killers, Survivors and items get released thus requiring new players to grind even longer. Look at the amount of BP you have to collect to unlock absolutely everything in this game nowadays and the rate at which new DLCs get released. I'm pretty certain that I, as a causal player, will probably never reach the point of having everything the game has to offer unlocked before the game dies off at some point and I'm not even talking about P3 on everybody.


    Furthermore what you're saying is highly debatable. Most companies keep developing their multiplayer games if they're successful enough and make them enough profit (... "simple Economics" I suppose?) -> LoL, DotA2, CS:GO, WoW (and other MMORPGs), SC2 until recently, HotS until recently (both of them being well over 5 years old), Fortnite also gets old. Some more extrem examples would be FiFa, CoD and the like which not only keep developing the game but sell a yearly update at full prize to milk their customers even more.


    While we're at it - yes, the game is 5 years old. You know what else pretty much every multiplayer game in existence that is not older than 15 years has on initial release or at least implemented within the first few patch cycles? Proper Matchmaking with MMR. Still in development after 5 years. I mean... just some food for thought. Are we allowed to complain about that?


    And lastly looking at the phrasing of your comment it's really hypocritical to call OP out for making "childish complaints like a toddler". His complaint was more reasonably phrased than your comment.

    I mean in the end I kind of agree with you. Complaining about free 300k BP just because you can't play the new map immediately is questionable at best. The devs withdrew the new map for a good reason, it was breaking the game and I'll gladly play a working game without the new map over a broken game with the new map but holy cow you need to chill out a bit.

  • @Schardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281571#Comment_2281571

    Jesus ... you seem incredibly upset about my comment.

    Good thing you're not the lead Dev I suppose since you didn't even really understand what I was saying.

    First of all I never cried about the 300k, nor did I complain about it. I was pretty happy about them actually since Nemesis just released and the 1M BP I saved up only gave me crap Perks in the Bloodweb, so those 300k were really useful. At least I ended up with 1 gen regression Perk...wohoo.

    I merely stated that BP don't have any real value for the Devs per se which still is true. Devs can give you as much BP as they'd like without loosing anything of real value if it's within a reasonable margin ofc but I didn't think I had to specify that further in order to not go people completely bonkers over this statement.

    It's a given that it'd hurt the game if the Devs would just gift everyone 9999999999999999999BP so everybody has everything unlocked instantly. But we're speaking about 300k here. If you really push your limits that's even less than you can get from 3 games as a Killer, so again - Devs don't lose anything here.

    For you, as a player, BP ofc do have value but I haven't been talking about that.

    Also the Devs have complete control over the value BP can hold for their customers. They can inflate and deflate this arbitrary currency as they see fit at any given point. They could theoretically even completely revamp the whole system within the next month if they wanted to. As the game keeps progressing this currency inflates more and more because more Perks, Killers, Survivors and items get released thus requiring new players to grind even longer. Look at the amount of BP you have to collect to unlock absolutely everything in this game nowadays and the rate at which new DLCs get released. I'm pretty certain that I, as a causal player, will probably never reach the point of having everything the game has to offer unlocked before the game dies off at some point and I'm not even talking about P3 on everybody.

    Furthermore what you're saying is highly debatable. Most companies keep developing their multiplayer games if they're successful enough and make them enough profit (... "simple Economics" I suppose?) -> LoL, DotA2, CS:GO, WoW (and other MMORPGs), SC2 until recently, HotS until recently (both of them being well over 5 years old), Fortnite also gets old. Some more extrem examples would be FiFa, CoD and the like which not only keep developing the game but sell a yearly update at full prize to milk their customers even more.

    While we're at it - yes, the game is 5 years old. You know what else pretty much every multiplayer game in existence that is not older than 15 years has on initial release or at least implemented within the first few patch cycles? Proper Matchmaking with MMR. Still in development after 5 years. I mean... just some food for thought. Are we allowed to complain about that?

    And lastly looking at the phrasing of your comment it's really hypocritical to call OP out for making "childish complaints like a toddler". His complaint was more reasonably phrased than your comment.

    I mean in the end I kind of agree with you. Complaining about free 300k BP just because you can't play the new map immediately is questionable at best. The devs withdrew the new map for a good reason, it was breaking the game and I'll gladly play a working game without the new map over a broken game with the new map but holy cow you need to chill out a bit.

    TLDR past you must be really upset

    thanks for the story, must have taken a long time to write. Go back, read my previous comment

  • @LilCrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281693#Comment_2281693

    TLDR past you must be really upset

    thanks for the story, must have taken a long time to write. Go back, read my previous comment

    Another reasonable response from you I see. I guess I'll just stop communicating with you as I actually really expected precisely this response.

  • @Schardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281707#Comment_2281707

    Another reasonable response from you I see. I guess I'll just stop communicating with you as I actually really expected precisely this response.

    thanks!!!! Im really upset about parting ways with you.... Next time, stop. Think. AM I READING THIS OUT OF CONTEXT?

  • @LilCrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281719#Comment_2281719

    thanks!!!! Im really upset about parting ways with you.... Next time, stop. Think. AM I READING THIS OUT OF CONTEXT?

    Keep going, you already lost your high ground. I'm having a good laugh right now.

  • @Schardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281729#Comment_2281729

    Keep going, you already lost your high ground. I'm having a good laugh right now.

    and he is still here. talking with me. after saying he wouldnt. Hi again stranger. No i will not give you my personal information

  • @LilCrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281730#Comment_2281730

    and he is still here. talking with me. after saying he wouldnt. Hi again stranger. No i will not give you my personal information

    Just decided to go for one more post before having to drive since this is quite entertaining. I'll leave you now, I swear.

    Oh and just in case you need it because the last sentence contained more than 5 words:

    TLDR: Bye :)

  • @Schardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281739#Comment_2281739

    Just decided to go for one more post before having to drive since this is quite entertaining. I'll leave you now, I swear.

    Oh and just in case you need it because the last sentence contained more than 5 words:

    TLDR: Bye :)

    words. of the last origins. These are the eons; which dictate, the progression of our journey, through the cosmos of life.

    LilCrapper 6/17/2021

  • Its more than zero. Which is what we got when something like this happened before.

    Idk how a double bp event would help when players are having issues. That would be adding insult to injury.

  • @lemonsway said:

    People defending 300k? Dudes BHVR has a ######### game and you're defending them for giving you 300k BP instead of having a playable game... WOW.

    A level of Stockholm syndrome you've never seen before

  • @LilCrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280718#Comment_2280718

    It holds a value. Its called in-game progression. If i was the lead Dev in this game, You wouldnt get squat!!! Why give you free stuff, when you can play the game longer??? More time for players to get what they want, means more time the game is alive, which means more time being a cash cow. Economics

    Its CLEAR that BloodPoints hold value, otherwise OP would never had come here to complain like a toddler. OR the person i replied to below.......

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279939#Comment_2279939

    Cry more about FREE stuff. Cry LOUDER, and see where it gets you........ The more you whine about FREE stuff, the less likely you will continue to receive FREE stuff

    The game is literally FIVE YEARS OLD!!!! and you are crying about FREE stuff and expansions..... ALMOST every developer and publisher out there WILL NOT continue development and progression of a game past one year, TWO if its really successful

    EDIT: count your blessing... The game is still alive, and still expanding. You are doing nothing to help the game by making childish complaints

    TL;DR cry more receive less

    Yeah, I do plan on "crying more" and I do plan on "crying louder" because if nobody does then they'll never change their ways of completely ignoring half of the playerbase due to optimization, which they've been doing.. you said it.. FOR 5 YEARS NOW. Keep defending them, and keep making lame excuses man because people like you is what is keeping this game in it's current state. We as the players keep the game alive, so no, I don't need to "count my blessings".

  • @CapricornZeus3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279939#Comment_2279939

    Have they ever done anything like that? Not as long as I've been around, so why would they start now?

    Halloween "event" last year people complained about how terrible it was so the "fixed" it, gave out bp AND iridescent shards, and put last year's Halloween outfits at discounted shard price - Felix's that was auric cells only was also included in shard price for that time. They could definitely do more than just 300k BP.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281571#Comment_2281571

    Yeah, I do plan on "crying more" and I do plan on "crying louder" because if nobody does then they'll never change their ways of completely ignoring half of the playerbase due to optimization, which they've been doing.. you said it.. FOR 5 YEARS NOW. Keep defending them, and keep making lame excuses man because people like you is what is keeping this game in it's current state. We as the players keep the game alive, so no, I don't need to "count my blessings".

    This, is what I think you look like, about your position on this

    GettyImages-2953777.jpg


  • Okay, still doesn't change my point.

    Though I will say.. I do want an icecream now. Damn you!

  • @Schardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281707#Comment_2281707

    Another reasonable response from you I see. I guess I'll just stop communicating with you as I actually really expected precisely this response.

    You should. He's obviously trolling. Don't feed the troll.

  • I wouldn't mind incremental gifts for each day it is still disabled. But, don't complain that 300K isn't enough when RCPD is disabled and it's the only part of the new chapter that is available for everyone whether or not they decide to buy the DLC.

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281719#Comment_2281719

    You should. He's obviously trolling. Don't feed the troll.

    Nice addition to the conversation as a whole. Well done! Here is an award for participating

  • Thank you to the Toxic people who replied so negatively. This was a test to resolve a debate with a friend about how terrible some people can be based on a differing opinion. : - )

  • This post went to crap fast!!! WHERE ARE THE MODSSS!!!!! This legit went so hard off topic so quickly.

  • I would also like to point out that 300k really isnt enough

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281719#Comment_2281719

    You should. He's obviously trolling. Don't feed the troll.

    I'm pretty certain too but you can't be too sure about that on the internet. There are people who are that dense.

  • 300k are barely 15 levels in the Bloodweb. There should be some other kind of compensation for the lag spikes, nemesis fps drops, invivsible pallets/walls and clown bottles being useless.

    Playing killer on console is really painful atm.