$30 for a charm?

so it has come to my attention that there are 2 charms each one available by buying the survivor or killer expansion pack

problem is I already have all the characters (because I bought all the other DLC packs) but I still want the charms

am I literally just locked out unless I pay $30 for each one? or is there another way to get these charms?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • You get an umbrella corp charm for buying the Resident Evil DLC.

  • I wonder if you buy this packs, would new original characters unlock automatically?

  • @gendoss said:

    You get an umbrella corp charm for buying the Resident Evil DLC.

    thats the RE DLC

    Im refering to:

    2510378946_preview_EC_006.png

    which Im told is from the $30 Survivor Expansion pack

    2510378946_preview_EC_005.png

    and this which would be from the separate $30 killer expansion pack

    if these are fake then great I can stop worrying about it but I want to collect things

  • i thought that were the rewards for completing the tutorials? Or do you get different charms then?

  • @Soulslayer618 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276469#Comment_2276469

    thats the RE DLC

    Im refering to:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5CG9F48SCTJG/2510378946-preview-ec-006.png

    which Im told is from the $30 Survivor Expansion pack

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DC3RAT5G9ZGV/2510378946-preview-ec-005.png

    and this which would be from the separate $30 killer expansion pack

    if these are fake then great I can stop worrying about it but I want to collect things

    Oh I see. I didn't know the expansion packs existed until now. Yeah I would assume they only come with those. Don't quote me on that but they are known for giving out charms only on specific DLCs.

  • @Mooks said:

    i thought that were the rewards for completing the tutorials? Or do you get different charms then?

    completing the tutorials give a total 200k BP and a charm that looks like a bloodpoint and is separate

    Ive already made a post about it but if you do the tutorials itll remove all items perks cosmetics and stuff so youll have to reapply all of them for all characters

  • @Soulslayer618 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276507#Comment_2276507

    completing the tutorials give a total 200k BP and a charm that looks like a bloodpoint and is separate

    Ive already made a post about it but if you do the tutorials itll remove all items perks cosmetics and stuff so youll have to reapply all of them for all characters

    Ah alright, thanks for the info.

    i just assumed you get those two charms for the different tutorial roles.. well. Guess these are two charm many of us won’t get :)

  • Something in this game costs $30? The DLC is $15 NZD, so like $10 USD, isn't it?

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Something in this game costs $30? The DLC is $15 NZD, so like $10 USD, isn't it?

    The DLC gives you all OG Survivors or all OG Killers. Like 30€ for all OG Killers.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Something in this game costs $30? The DLC is $15 NZD, so like $10 USD, isn't it?

    its not a single DLC its all original characters for a bundle

    theres a survivor pack and a killer pack and they are $30 USD on steam

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276607#Comment_2276607

    The DLC gives you all OG Survivors or all OG Killers. Like 30€ for all OG Killers.

    Whaaaaaaaat the ######### is this dlc...? That's so expensive! I just bought all the DLC for $5NZD (about 3 USD or €2.50)

    Edit: Admittedly on sale, but they go on sale so much so who even cares

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276623#Comment_2276623

    Whaaaaaaaat the ######### is this dlc...? That's so expensive! I just bought all the DLC for $5NZD (about 3 USD or €2.50)

    Edit: Admittedly on sale, but they go on sale so much so who even cares

    Will you be a leader? A hero? An escape artist? The Survivor Expansion Pack gives you access to 11 original characters to discover and explore.
    There’s more than one way to sacrifice a Survivor. The Killer Expansion Pack gives you access to 11 original characters to explore and unleash.

    heres the proof

    you can see the charms in the final photo of the previews

  • the description says that you will get these exclusive charms, so I guess you have to buy it, if you really want them :/

  • @Paina said:

    the description says that you will get these exclusive charms, so I guess you have to buy it, if you really want them :/

    oh it does say that..... so I was right time to spend $60 to get 2 charms and nothing else because of my crippling compulsion to collect everything I can :(

    thanks so much BHVR I appreciate this new chance to spend more of the money I dont have

    complaints whining and such aside it really is a shame that a majority of people wont get these charms because its not worthwhile to purchase them once you have most of the DLCs

  • @Soulslayer618 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276682#Comment_2276682

    oh it does say that..... so I was right time to spend $60 to get 2 charms and nothing else because of my crippling compulsion to collect everything I can :(

    thanks so much BHVR I appreciate this new chance to spend more of the money I dont have

    complaints whining and such aside it really is a shame that a majority of people wont get these charms because its not worthwhile to purchase them once you have most of the DLCs

    I won't get them, cause I already own every DLC and I won't spend so much money for just 2 charms, but I can understand people like you, who really want to collect everything possible :(

  • @Paina said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276692#Comment_2276692

    I won't get them, cause I already own every DLC and I won't spend so much money for just 2 charms, but I can understand people like you, who really want to collect everything possible :(

    I also own all the DLC

    and unless I have actual money to waste I probably wont get them either but the fact that I cant collect these for such a trivial reason burns my soul and makes me sad

  • All of this for a tiny red thing that no one, except you, will notice

    We should add "capitalism" as new killer in game because it seems prettý op

  • @Venzhas Id purchase that killer too ;-;

    clearly its very effective

  • Out of the 11 characters you get from each expansion pack, people are focused on the charm?

    Are you bloody joking?

    Does no1 realize the charm is nothing but a cherry on top kind of reward/thing and does not represent the whole bloody pack?

    It's the same mentality from the Orange Box from the Steam Store. You get a hat in TF2 "Proof of Purchase", people were raging cause you would have to spend 20-30$ to get a hat whereas what you're actually buying is like 10+ games or something like that...

    And don't give the whole "I want the charm, just the charm" Oh please... In 1 month from now there's gonna be a new charm you want that you'll equip on your characters and completely forget the ones from the Expansion Packs... I already have trouble choosing the best charms for my characters...

  • @Pilot said:

    Out of the 11 characters you get from each expansion pack, people are focused on the charm?

    Are you bloody joking?

    Does no1 realize the charm is nothing but a cherry on top kind of reward/thing and does not represent the whole bloody pack?

    It's the same mentality from the Orange Box from the Steam Store. You get a hat in TF2 "Proof of Purchase", people were raging cause you would have to spend 20-30$ to get a hat whereas what you're actually buying is like 10+ games or something like that...

    And don't give the whole "I want the charm, just the charm" Oh please... In 1 month from now there's gonna be a new charm you want that you'll equip on your characters and completely forget the ones from the Expansion Packs... I already have trouble choosing the best charms for my characters...

    you seem to think I actually get the other characters

    I ALREADY HAVE THEM

    its not because its just for the charm its because I spent money to already purchase all of these things and despite already paying for it Im being gatekept from the "cherry on top" unless I pay again

  • @Soulslayer618 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276749#Comment_2276749

    you seem to think I actually get the other characters

    I ALREADY HAVE THEM

    its not because its just for the charm its because I spent money to already purchase all of these things and despite already paying for it Im being gatekept from the "cherry on top" unless I pay again

    Tough luck then bud.

    Life is unfair.

    BHVR doesn't care.

    Here's something you all don't seem to wrap your head around:

    • The expansion packs are not for us veterans or long-time players of the game who have a majority of the DLCs. They are for the newer player that came with RE and are looking for a great deal on a bunch of characters.


    You want the charm, then fork over the money boi, BHVR will give less than two ######### of what u think or what u want. This is nothing but business

    Don't fret over a charm of all things that's colored different & has the survivor & killer icons. They're nothing special and at the end of the day, they'll only join your 6 other pages of charms and be forgotten once a new cooler charm comes out in like a month or so.

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276759#Comment_2276759

    Tough luck then bud.

    Life is unfair.

    BHVR doesn't care.

    Here's something you all don't seem to wrap your head around:

    • The expansion packs are not for us veterans or long-time players of the game who have a majority of the DLCs. They are for the newer player that came with RE and are looking for a great deal on a bunch of characters.

    You want the charm, then fork over the money boi, BHVR will give less than two shits of what u think or what u want. This is nothing but business

    my point is 2 things

    1. the principle of the matter on how BHVR treats their long term playerbase
    2. I have an unhealthy dependency on collecting things for minor self validation because Im a sad human being and being gatekept from something that I should otherwise have because Ive literally paid more than double that by now makes me feel entirely betrayed by something that is otherwise one of my favorite passtimes

    I agree and understand its just business but a simple check of "does the player own all the OG characters" would fix this and it just feels wrong

    Ill likely forget about it before I even get it and thats true but that doesnt stop me from wanting it


    there are other charms that Id like for collections sake but will never get

    examples being

    • the fog whisperer charm
    • ban hammer charm (from the discord)
    • scribe of the entity charm (for helping translate the game)
    • lunar rat charm (which I missed because my computer broke and I didnt get a new one in time)
    • end of rift 1 and entirety of rift 2 (for above reason)
    • the currently not implemented Pro-No-One-Escapes-Death charm
  • @Soulslayer618 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276772#Comment_2276772

    my point is 2 things

    1. the principle of the matter on how BHVR treats their long term playerbase
    2. I have an unhealthy dependency on collecting things for minor self validation because Im a sad human being and being gatekept from something that I should otherwise have because Ive literally paid more than double that by now makes me feel entirely betrayed by something that is otherwise one of my favorite passtimes

    I agree and understand its just business but a simple check of "does the player own all the OG characters" would fix this and it just feels wrong

    Ill likely forget about it before I even get it and thats true but that doesnt stop me from wanting it

    1. Welcome to DBD
    2. Sounds like a "You" Problem. Nothing BHVR cares about. You are nothing but the perfect customer some games & companies look for. You said yourself it's unhealthy. Perhaps it's time to improve.

    If they want to give us the charm even though we didn't buy the expansion pack, then so be it. It's their choice. You can't force their hand no matter what you say.

    If what you said in your 2nd argument is true, then oh boi, I'm not sure if I should tell you about the tens of charms you missed that were exclusive to giveaways done by the Fog Whisperers.

  • @Soulslayer618 said:

    so it has come to my attention that there are 2 charms each one available by buying the survivor or killer expansion pack

    problem is I already have all the characters (because I bought all the other DLC packs) but I still want the charms

    am I literally just locked out unless I pay $30 for each one? or is there another way to get these charms?

    F13 did the same thing. Punish the loyal repeat customers and reward the new players.

  • This charms don't go enywhere. You can buy it on sale later.

    You probably never get charms from missed rifts and events though. And you probably never become Fog Whisperer or part of bhvr crew. So if your collection never gonna be full, it's not that improtant to miss couple more charms.

  • Game should be able to detect if you have everyone unlocked and then give you the Charms.