Getting tired of pallets feeling broken (Edited Title)

I don't really care about healing changes and all, but if you're going to be making the game easier for these complaining killer players at least redo the pallet hitboxes. It's getting annoying being hit through them when they're clearly on the other side but lunge and hit you through right before it finishes dropping. At least do survivors that. It's the one mechanic all survivors rely on and it's the most basic thing. I play a lot of killer when playing alone and I know it's not fair but it's so easy to abuse the fact that these pallets don't work you just lunge when you know they're gonna drop the pallet and you'll still get the hit most times. Pallets need to work not be a gamble on if you get hit or not

Comments

  • Pallets works actually. Its mean to be a risk not an easy stun plus killer oriented? Already camping isn't something you can see anymore after the changes making insidious killer perk useless. The only times I hit survivors through pallets are when they do it too late or when I'm already too close meaning their missplay
  • Just have to throw them down earlier, the stun and points is always nice but with the P2P connection the killer is going to have the advantage in that scenario. It isn't a gamble, its choosing to throw it when it is safe or unsafe.

  • Its not getting killer favored, its getting actually balanced.

  • These salty surv posts crack me up.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:
    I play a lot of killer when playing alone

    You play primarily SWFs, it sounds like. When you rarely play killer, you tend to face really bad survivors and that gives off the illusion of power.

    Bad experiences in SWFs against killers, coupled with your easy games as a killer, probably made you decide that killers are OP and you went ahead and made this thread.

    I'll have you know that Killers have gotten the short end of the balance stick for faaar too long now and it's just lately that small buffs have started coming their way. The developers are too afraid to properly nerf survivors or rework levels to benefit killers.

  • se05239 said:

    @Ramxenoc445 said:
    I play a lot of killer when playing alone

    You play primarily SWFs, it sounds like. When you rarely play killer, you tend to face really bad survivors and that gives off the illusion of power.

    Bad experiences in SWFs against killers, coupled with your easy games as a killer, probably made you decide that killers are OP and you went ahead and made this thread.

    I'll have you know that Killers have gotten the short end of the balance stick for faaar too long now and it's just lately that small buffs have started coming their way. The developers are too afraid to properly nerf survivors or rework levels to benefit killers.

    Yeah I mostly play swf but I'm a P3 Freddy main in at rank 4 I don't really think I play against bad survivors but it's rare I ever not kill all of them. Some get close to escaping but it's rare they escape and yeah I get that the game has been very survivor favored but I'm tired of getting hit through the damn pallets. Don't care about anything else but that and not having dedicated servers. There's a lot of games you'll play and then you'll be teleported back closer to the killer and be hit when on your own end you were further away. Just various things like that and the devs playing off the being hit through pallets as latency. 
  • Malakir said:
    Pallets works actually. Its mean to be a risk not an easy stun plus killer oriented? Already camping isn't something you can see anymore after the changes making insidious killer perk useless. The only times I hit survivors through pallets are when they do it too late or when I'm already too close meaning their missplay
    I wanna believe that but if they haven't said it to be a risk I'm being honest with you I'm not gonna believe it. Though sometimes not dropping it when they've started to lunge works but it always varies. But it's stupid annoying and looks and feels much more like a mechanic that doesn't work rather than a way to outplay a survivor.
  • These salty surv posts crack me up.

    Glad I could entertain you sir. I like to think I'm fair with my judgment on this game but everyone has an opinion or only plays one side
  • Malakir said:
    Pallets works actually. Its mean to be a risk not an easy stun plus killer oriented? Already camping isn't something you can see anymore after the changes making insidious killer perk useless. The only times I hit survivors through pallets are when they do it too late or when I'm already too close meaning their missplay
    I wanna believe that but if they haven't said it to be a risk I'm being honest with you I'm not gonna believe it. Though sometimes not dropping it when they've started to lunge works but it always varies. But it's stupid annoying and looks and feels much more like a mechanic that doesn't work rather than a way to outplay a survivor.
    okay but I think tbh pallets are meant to slow down the killer not to use them as a weapon to stunt. If you do it right you are rewarded if you do it wrong punished and if you do it earlier still get the distance advantage. I play both sides and most of the time I just need to use one or two pallets stunning or not doesn't matter if I can hide right after he needs to go around/brake the pallet or get stumbled. About that i would love a lightweight buff
  • se05239 said:

    @Ramxenoc445 said:
    I play a lot of killer when playing alone

    You play primarily SWFs, it sounds like. When you rarely play killer, you tend to face really bad survivors and that gives off the illusion of power.

    Bad experiences in SWFs against killers, coupled with your easy games as a killer, probably made you decide that killers are OP and you went ahead and made this thread.

    I'll have you know that Killers have gotten the short end of the balance stick for faaar too long now and it's just lately that small buffs have started coming their way. The developers are too afraid to properly nerf survivors or rework levels to benefit killers.

    I appreciate the well worded and thought out response though from you and the others. Some of my wording would've been different if not for being peeved. Gonna take the other person's advice and try throwing them down sooner I guess but the smarter killers already just wait
  • Malakir said:
    Malakir said:
    Pallets works actually. Its mean to be a risk not an easy stun plus killer oriented? Already camping isn't something you can see anymore after the changes making insidious killer perk useless. The only times I hit survivors through pallets are when they do it too late or when I'm already too close meaning their missplay
    I wanna believe that but if they haven't said it to be a risk I'm being honest with you I'm not gonna believe it. Though sometimes not dropping it when they've started to lunge works but it always varies. But it's stupid annoying and looks and feels much more like a mechanic that doesn't work rather than a way to outplay a survivor.
    okay but I think tbh pallets are meant to slow down the killer not to use them as a weapon to stunt. If you do it right you are rewarded if you do it wrong punished and if you do it earlier still get the distance advantage. I play both sides and most of the time I just need to use one or two pallets stunning or not doesn't matter if I can hide right after he needs to go around/brake the pallet or get stumbled. About that i would love a lightweight buff
    I use to always have lightweight on but Kate's dance with me + lithe took over. Also because I wanted to throw it in I think I'm a much better killer than survivor. I just take advantage of Freddy's power being a free deer stalker and the slow effect and stack it with dying light and sometimes thanatophobia
  • Just drop the pallet earlier?
  • Pallets were worked on and it practically broke them more then fixed them. Deal with, it standing at a pallet and hoping to stun them should be a gamble as you arent helping your team anyway might as well trade a hit for a stun.

  • killer heavy? 


  • The word you're looking for is "Balanced"

  • Tsulan said:
    Just drop the pallet earlier?
    Well I get this but I mean moments in a Chase where i have the intention to drop as soon as I get to the other side but the killer lunges and still hits me through it. I've noticed that sometimes it's just better to wait till their swing has missed and then drop for the stun but I think it's stupid that a survivor can be hit when the pallet looks down but you still get hit.
  • Lowbei said:
    killer heavy? 


    Yeah I shouldn't have said that should've put the title to do with the pallets because that's my issue in this post not really killer strength.
  • @Ramxenoc445 said:
    Tsulan said:

    Just drop the pallet earlier?

    Well I get this but I mean moments in a Chase where i have the intention to drop as soon as I get to the other side but the killer lunges and still hits me through it. I've noticed that sometimes it's just better to wait till their swing has missed and then drop for the stun but I think it's stupid that a survivor can be hit when the pallet looks down but you still get hit.

    Risk vs Reward. If you want to stun the killer, you run the risk of getting hit.

  • They just buffed Alert to hacker level and you say it's killer heavy?

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:
    I don't really care about healing changes and all, but if you're going to be making the game easier for these complaining killer players at least redo the pallet hitboxes. It's getting annoying being hit through them when they're clearly on the other side but lunge and hit you through right before it finishes dropping. At least do survivors that. It's the one mechanic all survivors rely on and it's the most basic thing. I play a lot of killer when playing alone and I know it's not fair but it's so easy to abuse the fact that these pallets don't work you just lunge when you know they're gonna drop the pallet and you'll still get the hit most times. Pallets need to work not be a gamble on if you get hit or not

    Yes the pallet hitboxes need to be reduced.

    I always see the pallet drop INFRONT OF ME, but I still get stunned.

    Pallets hitboxes need to be looked at

  • Drop the pallet earlier. The pallets are there to give you time not a guaranteed stun and some free 1000 bps. When you go for the stun you should be at the risk of being hit.

  • I dont mind the pallets as i main huntress hehe nothing better then getting a injured survivor to drop one and get a hatchet as they do it (also if i run iridescent heads/infantry belts i can get 3 if lucky 2 if i use the belt loop)
  • They just buffed Alert to hacker level and you say it's killer heavy?

    I saw that but it's a perk I've never used. Also I need to change the title because I don't truly feel the game is too killer favored I just can't stand how pallets work right now.
  • Tsulan said:

    @Ramxenoc445 said:
    Tsulan said:

    Just drop the pallet earlier?

    Well I get this but I mean moments in a Chase where i have the intention to drop as soon as I get to the other side but the killer lunges and still hits me through it. I've noticed that sometimes it's just better to wait till their swing has missed and then drop for the stun but I think it's stupid that a survivor can be hit when the pallet looks down but you still get hit.

    Risk vs Reward. If you want to stun the killer, you run the risk of getting hit.

    I get that but when it's already down?? If it looks down I don't wanna be hit. If they intend for it to be this way i'll just have to deal with it but damn it's annoying.
  • "Complaining Killers"

    Come back when Survivors go a year being underpowered and a joke.

  • "Complaining Killers"

    Come back when Survivors go a year being underpowered and a joke.

    Well I said that somewhat from frustration but a lot of times I come here I see lots of complaints from people that usually just play the one side but I can never say which side complains more. As a survivor I hate getting hit through pallets. As a killer I don't have much issue but that infinite loop they just fixed still feels like an infinite almost. Got looped hard by a Kate but lucky me she was the obsession while me being a Freddy with dying light blood warden and noed killed her finally.
  • Starting to get the impression that pallets are for getting distance, and running away as opposed to looping the killer. Vault, maybe get hit, use the opportunity to run away.

    Not circle chase for ages. There's long obstacles, and maybe thick trees for that, yeah?
  • "Complaining Killers"

    Come back when Survivors go a year being underpowered and a joke.

    If I had to pick I'd say survivors complain most and some are a little unrealistic. When I see killers complain depending on the topic I usually assume they're not adapting but I say that because I main Freddy and almost always 4k so I see no reason to complain. But if I play any other killer I usually get destroyed.
  • Starting to get the impression that pallets are for getting distance, and running away as opposed to looping the killer. Vault, maybe get hit, use the opportunity to run away.

    Not circle chase for ages. There's long obstacles, and maybe thick trees for that, yeah?
    Yeah you're right. But if you don't break it I'm just gonna use it till you break it or bait me with it
  • @Kevvie said:
    Just have to throw them down earlier, the stun and points is always nice but with the P2P connection the killer is going to have the advantage in that scenario. It isn't a gamble, its choosing to throw it when it is safe or unsafe.

    QFE. Well said. It's very hard to hit a good survivor through a pallet.

  • Starting to get the impression that pallets are for getting distance, and running away as opposed to looping the killer. Vault, maybe get hit, use the opportunity to run away.

    Not circle chase for ages. There's long obstacles, and maybe thick trees for that, yeah?
    Yeah you're right. But if you don't break it I'm just gonna use it till you break it or bait me with it
    Then it sounds like you'll risk getting hit through the pallet, which I'm ok with.
    Risk and reward.
  • Starting to get the impression that pallets are for getting distance, and running away as opposed to looping the killer. Vault, maybe get hit, use the opportunity to run away.

    Not circle chase for ages. There's long obstacles, and maybe thick trees for that, yeah?
    Yeah you're right. But if you don't break it I'm just gonna use it till you break it or bait me with it
    Then it sounds like you'll risk getting hit through the pallet, which I'm ok with.
    Risk and reward.
    Well my issue isn't with veibe hit sliding across it. I play a lot of killer and if not for that available hit when they're on pallets it'd be a nightmare I just don't like the being hit while it's dropping and almost completely dropped. If I just started and got hit that's fair I deserve that one. But you're right. Surprised people are still responding to this post
  • @Ramxenoc445 said:
    Tsulan said:

    @Ramxenoc445 said:

    Tsulan said:

    Just drop the pallet earlier?
    

    Well I get this but I mean moments in a Chase where i have the intention to drop as soon as I get to the other side but the killer lunges and still hits me through it. I've noticed that sometimes it's just better to wait till their swing has missed and then drop for the stun but I think it's stupid that a survivor can be hit when the pallet looks down but you still get hit.

    Risk vs Reward. If you want to stun the killer, you run the risk of getting hit.

    I get that but when it's already down?? If it looks down I don't wanna be hit. If they intend for it to be this way i'll just have to deal with it but damn it's annoying.

    If the pallet is down already, then the killer can only hit you when you vault over the pallet.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:
    Tsulan said:

    @Ramxenoc445 said:

    Tsulan said:

    Just drop the pallet earlier?
    

    Well I get this but I mean moments in a Chase where i have the intention to drop as soon as I get to the other side but the killer lunges and still hits me through it. I've noticed that sometimes it's just better to wait till their swing has missed and then drop for the stun but I think it's stupid that a survivor can be hit when the pallet looks down but you still get hit.

    Risk vs Reward. If you want to stun the killer, you run the risk of getting hit.

    I get that but when it's already down?? If it looks down I don't wanna be hit. If they intend for it to be this way i'll just have to deal with it but damn it's annoying.

    If the pallet is down already, then the killer can only hit you when you vault over the pallet.

    Maybe it's me. Do none of you run into this happening? Is it just a PS4 thing? Like that final half second of the pallet nearly hitting the wall or object it's going to land on and you get hit? It could be latency or something I don't know. Nobody aside from people who said drop it sooner seem to get what I mean
  • Its more 50/50 now than it was way back. So. I don't know what to say.

  • Its more 50/50 now than it was way back. So. I don't know what to say.

    Just got looped hard by a Kate. Think that guy before was right about my sense of power. Though I usually still manage to 4k or at least 3 I didn't this time
  • There’s this thing called snipe lunge. if you land a hit at the very end of the lunge duration, it’s a lot easier to land because you get a sense of timing, and is far more rewarding. 

    This may be because experienced killers like myself have gotten the timing down perfectly and are rewarded for that. We speed up quite a bit while lunging, so hitting you right as you drop a pallet is possible. It’s really difficult to learn, but possible. 

    If you dont drop the pallet and instead continue running, we miss the hit, then you can run back to the pallet and drop it on us. Some killers anticipate this and keep going forwards anyways. It’s all part of the mind game my little snowflake.

    See how much easier it is to solve your problems when you use your brain? 
  • There’s this thing called snipe lunge. if you land a hit at the very end of the lunge duration, it’s a lot easier to land because you get a sense of timing, and is far more rewarding. 

    This may be because experienced killers like myself have gotten the timing down perfectly and are rewarded for that. We speed up quite a bit while lunging, so hitting you right as you drop a pallet is possible. It’s really difficult to learn, but possible. 

    If you dont drop the pallet and instead continue running, we miss the hit, then you can run back to the pallet and drop it on us. Some killers anticipate this and keep going forwards anyways. It’s all part of the mind game my little snowflake.

    See how much easier it is to solve your problems when you use your brain? 
    In one of my comments I said i've noticed if I keep running wait for the swing or lunge to miss then drop I don't get hit. You didn't provide anything but insults but I play lots of Freddy and I also know this.