I’ve had a gutful!

I am sick to death of every single Billy, Nurse, Hag, Spirit, Demo, Oni, and Blight that use their power to immediately rush back to a hook when a rescue occurs.

Its driving me crazy. I never do anything that I think could be perceived as toxic. I’m not even good at timing pallet stuns. Yet I’m treated like dirt after first hook.

Hook suicides probably wouldn’t be so prolific in this game if 80% of the time it wasn’t entirely pointless being rescued from a hook in the first place.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • You mean, you're getting mad at the killer for playing smart/effectively?

  • That’s where the DS and BT changes really start to hurt. Even with DS not many killers fear it anymore and certain killers like spirit and nurse will just down you again immediately

  • I never do anything that I think could be perceived as toxic.

    I question this, since you play the game.

    Playing the game can be seen as toxic.

    The sad thing is that i'm only partially joking.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I'm glad you said it because I feel others disagree with how prevalent it is.

    I know there are great killers out there that try to play fun matches, and I appreciate you. And I'm not hating on others.

    But the get one hook and spend the rest of the game just returning to it, hook after hook is getting stale. Definitely why people prefer to play in SWFs or just die on hook and hope for a more interactive game.

  • @QwQw said:

    You mean, you're getting mad at the killer for playing smart/effectively?

    Yeah right? How dare they? Everyone knows that after hooking a survivor the killer has to traverse the entire map and stand in corner for at least 60 seconds and if the rescue occurs the killers must leave the hooked survivor enough time to heal and hide otherwise the killer is a dirty camping tunneling sweat lord

  • Something that's pretty important to remember when playing survivor is that the killer trying to push you out of the game early - tunneling off hook, ceaseless proxy camping - doesn't mean the killer is angry at you, or hates you. It could mean that, but it also coincides with what killers do to increase their chances of victory down the line.

    Unless the killer is kebabing you, or nodding, or tbagging, you can't really distinguish playing to win from playing to grief. And yeah, it sucks hard to get tunneled out of the game at 5 gens because you're playing against someone who's insecure in their ability to win otherwise, but most of my games don't play out like that, even at red ranks.

    There's also a fair amount of blame to be placed on teammates. If someone unhooks you and the terror radius immediately starts up after that, they should be prepared to take a hit for you. Again, it's true that some killers will doggedly ignore any bodyblockers because their aim is to remove a player ASAP, but most will take a free hit and then go after the target that's closest to them. Lack of hook aftercare is a bigger issue in solo queue for obvious reasons.

  • Reasons I go back to a hook: I haven't found anyone and back at the hook there are two survivors, one of which is injured.

    Reasons I tunnel someone: I need the pressure or they forced me to hit them with BT while I was not trying to tunnel them.

    Reasons I camp people: I need the pressure or I put them in a key position where it makes no sense for me to leave.

    Whether or not the survivor behaves in a toxic way has zero impact on my gameplay decisions. The BT thing isn't even toxic, I just detest it. Going back to the hook may be the smartest thing to do in a match for the killer. You don't necessarily know, you're not seeing the match from their perspective.

  • As a killer, I'll only tunnel if I notice that you're back on a gen 10 seconds after you're unhooked. At that point, I have to get you out of the game. You clearly don't respect the killer, and that means I have no means of pressuring you. I'll also tunnel you if you pop a generator in my face. It's not because I'm mad you did it, it's because again, you don't respect the killer, and I'm doing what I can to put the fear of the killer in you. I won't tunnel someone out of the game at 5 gens, but when you're just sitting on gens and they go fast -- I don't really have time to try to go after someone else when you'll do.

    Now, I realize that survivors need to be efficient, because they don't know how the killer will play. But the killer has to be efficient too. If you're not healing up, then I'm just going to put you back on that hook where you can't do generators.

    Are there people who just tunnel people straight out of the game at 5 gens, when it's not necessary? Sure. It's a playstyle I'm not a fan of. Neither as survivor or killer. But survivors often dictate a need for tunneling based on the pace of the generators. Best thing you can do is run DS. Or at least act like you're running it, and not hop back on that gen in 20 seconds. Maybe you don't do that, and these are just the typical killer who only cares about getting 4k's, and will tunnel you no matter what's going on. In those cases, not much you can do except run perks that help you get away from them. (Resurgence will be very nice. 8 second heals off hook? 4 second heals if the unhooker has We'll Make It? Sweet!)

    Sometimes tunneling is your teammates fault. Don't save next to the killer. I don't CARE if you have BT. I mean that literally. As a killer, I can count to twelve. It's a skill I learned when I was four. In those cases, its your teammates fault for not respecting a killer.

    All in all, what I'm trying to say is that while there are some killers who'll go out of their way to make a match miserable for people, survivors often dictate how a killer plays. If you show the killer respect, the killer might just show you respect in return. If you don't, then they might just get you out of the game.

  • Run DS/UB/BT. When the killer post match cries about your second chance perks, just thank them for allowing you to get value out of a build that otherwise would do ######### all if the killer wouldn't do what you described in the op.

    Now go, young padawan. You're empowered.

  • It is even worse with Make Your Choice. But nothing will be done about it, so just suffer through it.

  • @QwQw said:

    You mean, you're getting mad at the killer for playing smart/effectively?

    It’s not even that efficient, two people are working on gens and you’re not pressuring them at all.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2264922#Comment_2264922

    It’s not even that efficient, two people are working on gens and you’re not pressuring them at all.

    Of course it's not always the smartest play, but if the killer doesn't know where any other survivors are, or know's they have the gens under control at the moment, why wouldn't they go back to the area where they know at least two survivors are?

  • Werent you the one who slugged a lot as clown? Or how do you play as killer? I think every killer playstyle is hated from atleast some survivor.

    I only tunnel if i need to or a survivor shows me he has no ds and as survivor i dont care bc i have ds and can loop. But i would still be happy if there would be less tunneling and killer would get other buffs to make up for it, but the devs dont want it, so it is what it is.

  • well I mean its a guaruntee that theres more than one survivor over there so why wouldn't they go back if they're not near any other survivors.

  • I'd say don't blame the killer, blame the survivor who didn't make sure the killer was occupied first. Most killers I know won't break an active chase to run back to the hook unless the hook is conveniently nearby.

    I don't know how many times I've had chuckleheads call me a "camper" when they got these hook farmers knockin' people off hooks when I haven't even taken 3 steps away.

    And even in the cases where they legit didn't have to go back but choose too, it's not against the rules in any way - it's a tactic, nothing else. Being skillful with your rescues and learning how to be aware enough to not be a target AFTER being rescued is an essential part of being a team player - a skill that I'm afraid half the playerbase just outright lacks.

  • Look, if I had trouble finding a survivor leaving the hook, even with bbq, and you tell me 2 survivors are somewhere thats where im going next, im not going to keep wasting my time to find one in the bush when I have 2 in the bush somewhere else, its just not happening

    I want/need someone to chase and one way or another I get it

  • As Hag I'll trap the hook but I only go after the rescuer since I use Devour Hope and Make Your Choice. Besides, I'd feel bad trapping the hook like that and then going directly after the person that was just saved.

  • @Bwsted said:

    Run DS/UB/BT. When the killer post match cries about your second chance perks, just thank them for allowing you to get value out of a build that otherwise would do ######### all if the killer wouldn't do what you described in the op.

    Now go, young padawan. You're empowered.

    This is y buba is the hero we need.

  • I think because of this I'm going to start running breakdown to now for sure I should stay under the hook and heal or run away.