I don't think it'll be as soon as the original characters, but I can't imagine them doing all these updates for originals and purposely leaving out the licensed. It will probably just take more time because they're licensed.
It'll depend on whether or not the licenses are willing to allow it, however since Bill received one, it's quite likely that BHVR would like to but they just need approval.
It depends on the politics of their relationships with the other companies, which we don't know. For Laurie and Quentin, it would be an opportunity to invent completely new faces and give them a makeover, but who knows how hard it was to get the first faces approved?
I mean, they should get a graphic rework, Nancy is one of the prettiest characters outside the game but in the game she is really ugly, and I say that as a p3 nancy een being a killer main.
I would say it depends on the license agreement. Detective Tapp will probably be the first one getting rework along side Ash because they seems to have an easier time getting the agreement than from Halloween holders for example ^^
I'm really looking forward to face reworks for Laurie and Quentin.
BHVR has already updated some licensed maps, so I'd be willing to bet they'll update the models as well. If the license holders are still willing, anyways.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don't think it'll be as soon as the original characters, but I can't imagine them doing all these updates for originals and purposely leaving out the licensed. It will probably just take more time because they're licensed.
It'll depend on whether or not the licenses are willing to allow it, however since Bill received one, it's quite likely that BHVR would like to but they just need approval.
Now or never
I'm sure they'll do it
It depends on the politics of their relationships with the other companies, which we don't know. For Laurie and Quentin, it would be an opportunity to invent completely new faces and give them a makeover, but who knows how hard it was to get the first faces approved?
I mean, they should get a graphic rework, Nancy is one of the prettiest characters outside the game but in the game she is really ugly, and I say that as a p3 nancy een being a killer main.
Uhhhh that sweet 69% Yes, 0% No 30% Maybe LOL
For Laurie - yes, definitely
Devs made a new license agreement about Halloween in the beginning of 2021. We would see a new tome about them too!
For Quentin - don't know atm
Because we haven't any information about agreement with "A nightmare on Elm street" license.
They have confirmed in one of the Q&A dev streams that licensed characters will be part of the model updates.
question is if really every single one will be or there might be license problems with individual ones (looking at the NoES license…)
I would say it depends on the license agreement. Detective Tapp will probably be the first one getting rework along side Ash because they seems to have an easier time getting the agreement than from Halloween holders for example ^^
Well, let's just say, something happened today and um, 100% licensed characters(up to probably the Silent Hill chapter) will be getting reworks.
Yeah, they need the love. Hopefully the license holders can at least agree to a face lift. Quentin needs it
Wait whaaa?
All but Nightmare on Elm Street.
Can't really say because it deals with cough leaks cough but, let's just say that Laurie got a bit of a glow-up. :D
BHVR has already updated some licensed maps, so I'd be willing to bet they'll update the models as well. If the license holders are still willing, anyways.
Its happening, quentin will finally be fixed.
They've reworked Laurie, but she's already basically an OG survivor.
I would honestly love to see a new model for Freddy.
After seeing Laurie's model it gave me some hope. But I'm skeptical when it comes to all the DLC characters.
I don't think that Cheryl's model is going to get rework since the company seems very. . fastidious?