Why do perks from PTB to live get overnerfed?
Just a question from someone that plays on console, why?
Lucky break timer was cut in half, which is understandable but why not make it 60 seconds or make it stop when healing. I don’t think anybody uses it anymore and it is not worth a perk slot tbh.
Hangman’s Trick. Would’ve been fun to try on console. Don’t remember the meters but why not make it 10, at least? Would be cool to have other aura reading perk options aside from BBQ. I don’t think anybody even bothers with this perk.
I think I heard something about Gearhead being different. Not sure but please feel free to comment what is was on PTB or other perks I probably missed.
What are your guys thoughts on this?
Comments
I think a good example of this is Coup de Grace. Literally no one asked for this perk to get nerfed.
Hangman's Trick's nerf was understandable. It basically revealed the aura of every survivor while you picked one up.
I'm not sure what happened to Gearhead, I was taking a break from DBD during the Slinger PTB.
Lucky break was just way too strong in PTB. Coup de grace was just a bad perk they decided to make worse. Gearhead, again, atrocious perk that they nerfed for no reason.
Hangman's Trick was actually reasonable nerfed from ptb to live. Though it made been hit too hard. But 12m with the hook spawns at the time meant that you basically could see the auras of every survivor on the map.
sad how every interesting perk buff or perk either gets nerfed or reverted no wonder this game has the same meta all the time
Gearhead got its timer reduced by 15 seconds and will only reveal the aura if someone hits a good skill check as opposed to a good or great skill check.
I think nerfing Hangman's Trick was fair. I think nerfing Hangman's Trick as hard as they did was absurd. IMO, new Hangman's Trick is weaker than old Hangman's Trick.
Thanks for posting the Gearhead thing.
Yeah I don't really get why they nerfed Gearhead, it was already outclassed by Thrilling. I guess the only killers that really benefit from it are slug build Nurses and Spirits. Woulda been a fun perk to use tho.
Its usually because of the sample data is too small on the ptb and sometimes they dont think of combinations that are too strong or glitched
They actually buffed Lucky Break in the Resident Evil PTB iirc. Now it's 60 seconds long.
It should either work on downs with ANY attack or make it affect great skill checks instead of good ones