Hook Animation Change

The hooking animation feels a bit strange on both the killer and survivor end, it feels like your glued to the ground for a half second after hooking. If possible could the time be reduced from 1.5 seconds down to 1 second to match the actual animation? Or change the animation to match the new time?

Edit 1: I’ll clarify for the umpteenth time, I like the change for a shorter hook animation. I just don’t like that the animation and when you’re allowed to move do not match.

Comments

  • I think that it's just an awkward thing to get used to. It was the same since release? Now all of a sudden you just toss them up on a hook like they're a 5 pound bag of potatoes. Give it time. I didn't notice anything awkward about it on the killer end. But I did just only play my first game since patch.

  • Agree, it feels not realistic 
  • I'm loving it, I think it's one of the best things they've changed. You can actually look around with bbq now

  • I'm loving it, I think it's one of the best things they've changed. You can actually look around with bbq now

    Oh I love the change too, anything that lets me spend less time on meaningless animations is fine by me. It’s just that the current animation is more fitting to be 1 second rather than 1.5, so it’s a bit jarring.
  • @ModernFable said:
    The hooking animation feels a bit strange on both the killer and survivor end, it feels like your glued to the ground for a half second after hooking. If possible could the time be reduced from 1.5 seconds down to 1 second to match the actual animation? Or change the animation to match the new time?

    We just need to get rid of the hook sliding which is the weird part.
    Survivors can unhook from all angles, why can the killer only hook from the direct front?

  • I've only seen the Nurse's new hook animation so far and I think it looks awesome. No hesitation or anything, just flings the Survivor onto it like a sack of potatoes.
  • I've only seen the Nurse's new hook animation so far and I think it looks awesome. No hesitation or anything, just flings the Survivor onto it like a sack of potatoes.
    Nurse’s hooking was always a bit “floaty”, so the difference might not be that much, but for the rest of the killers it’s pretty different.

    Again, I’m not against the animation or the timing change at all, I like them. I just want them to match better.
  • @DeadByFlashlight its just to get the animation right and with this you can body block, idk why survivors complain about this. The reason why you can't hook from all angles is because it would very weird, think about it. The hook turns to you, survivor gets hooked then they turn towards the front of the hook. This would just look weird and would be a waste of time for them to animate.
  • I thought the hook time and animation was fine the way it was. I also don't like how we have the full scream effect and the grunt on top of that when survivors are hooked, it sounds too weird.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:
    @DeadByFlashlight its just to get the animation right and with this you can body block, idk why survivors complain about this. The reason why you can't hook from all angles is because it would very weird, think about it. The hook turns to you, survivor gets hooked then they turn towards the front of the hook. This would just look weird and would be a waste of time for them to animate.

    Unhooking looks really weird too, but apparently that wasnt a problem and not a waste of time to animate

  • I thought the hook time and animation was fine the way it was. I also don't like how we have the full scream effect and the grunt on top of that when survivors are hooked, it sounds too weird.

    They’re changing it to reduce the time killers are forced to waste on animations, rather than playing the game. And yeah, some of the sounds are a little off putting.
  • It doesn't look weird, it's just not like it used to be. The killer pick up animation also was kinda strange when its time has been reduced to 3 seconds (seemed very unrealistic), but now it seems okay compared to old pick up animation. Not sure, maybe it's just only my opinion.

  • Please make the hook vacuum 56m, the hook animation .3 seconds and the pick up animation -1 seconds so everything that took place in the last second reverts.
  • willcenx said:

    It doesn't look weird, it's just not like it used to be. The killer pick up animation also was kinda strange when its time has been reduced to 3 seconds (seemed very unrealistic), but now it seems okay compared to old pick up animation. Not sure, maybe it's just only my opinion.

    It’s not so much that it looks weird, rather that it feels weird. When the pick up was changed, the time and animation changed accordingly.

    Here, the time to hook was reduced, but the animation doesn’t match it, as you’re stuck in place for half a second after they’re already on the hook.
  • @ModernFable said:

    HellDescent said:
    I'm loving it, I think it's one of the best things they've changed. You can actually look around with bbq now

    >

    Oh I love the change too, anything that lets me spend less time on meaningless animations is fine by me. It’s just that the current animation is more fitting to be 1 second rather than 1.5, so it’s a bit jarring.

    Seriously... we have so many things that hinder us.

  • @AnotherRandy said:
    Agree, it feels not realistic 

    It's as realistic as a Man sewing his own intestines back in after getting hit by a chainsaw, then sprint bursting away like Usain Bolt.

  • I agree that the animation speed should match the time it takes before you can move. It looks comically fast now.

  • @HellDescent said:
    I'm loving it, I think it's one of the best things they've changed. You can actually look around with bbq now

    Yeah it was definitely needed but it was so fast asn weird I forgot to look around each time haha.

  • Vortexas said:

    @AnotherRandy said:
    Agree, it feels not realistic 

    It's as realistic as a Man sewing his own intestines back in after getting hit by a chainsaw, then sprint bursting away like Usain Bolt.

    Don't mix up animations with game mechanics 
  • Yeah, it feels off but I think we'll all get used to it. I mean, watching videos that have the old pickup animation feels so weird now. 
  • Yeah, it feels off but I think we'll all get used to it. I mean, watching videos that have the old pickup animation feels so weird now. 
    The look of the animation isn’t the problem.

    It’s that despite the animation showing that the survivor is on the hook, you’re still stuck in place for half a second.