Bhvr sometimes tends to focus on a map's aesthetic and visuals rather than gameplay
You can notice that in, pretty much every map of this game.
The Game is absolutely beautiful and is exactly what I expect when I hear "jigsaw map". But if I ever get into this map as killer I'd prefer to commit hara kiri instead of trying to 4k in this god awful map with 20+ pallets and 2 god pallets.
Midwitch Elementary School, amazing visuals and Easter eggs that truly immerses old fans of the franchise whilst keeping the gameplay intact. But it sucks so much both as a survivor and killer since it rewards holding w.
The police station, exactly the same size and visuals, like it was pulled out of the re games and added some entity like aesthetics. But it's unbearably huge and claustrophobic, I truly wondered if they were extremely excited about designing the map that they forgot to actually balance it.
Haddonfield, looks almost exactly like the town from the Halloween movie, but it's haddonfield.....I don't have to explain myself here.
Every corn map, feels like you're literally in a farm....but the hold w and corn vision problems still remained, and are even worse now.
The temple of purgation, amazing visuals that immerses you in the plague's home town, where they performed sacrifices to satisfy the gods, but, this could be a "me" problem, but I feel that it's way too big.
Of course there are exceptions, the dead dog saloon is probably the best designed map, both gameplay wise and visual wise. The auto heaven maps are ok, they're not that visually pleasing but they're not the worse. The ironworks of misery and the McMillan estate (I don't remember how the trapper ones are called) are also fine visually wise, but are pretty much more balanced gameplay wise.
Comments
Tbh. The holding shift w counter does frustrate me. Remember when they wanted to take away bloodlust. Could you imagine how much worse the map would be with out bloodlust?
I agree. And when they rework a map they ALWAYS insert these useless breakable walls that are just there to justify "Oh it's not an infinite you can break the wall". The fact that we still have the corn vision problem proves that they absolutely do not care about gameplay
Corn vision is terrible now I can lose killers by zig zagging so god damn easy
To be fair, the Realm Beyond Update was intended to be mostly a graphical update.
and -from a casual viewpoint- I very much enjoy these maps; but I agree there seem to be many balance problems.
i wonder what the terrain updates will bring though
Indeed you're correct, but by focusing almost exclusively on the graphical update, doesn't it destroy the balance of the game? It's like trying to play a game of poker when all your cards are colored from both sides, I mean they look cool but will it be fair for me to play like this?
It was one of the bigger map complaints among players, and the devs made corn blindness worse. Worse.
They tried to make bigger balance changes with Ormond (which actually made the game more balanced) and the Game (which shifted it to the other side sadly..)
I think they will look at further balance changes once the graphical updates are done, which shouldn’t take too long? At least I hope that.
we also have confirmation that this year will only bring one other new map besides RPD, which makes me assume there will be further balance changes to older maps?
Sometimes? Every licensed map just sucks in terms of gameplay. Indoor maps should not exist, and this new one is surely gonna be the worst of them.
The corn literally fills the camera as you walk through it, and the scratches blend into the map. They made it ten times worse then it was as i didn't have issues with the old corn
I like Freddy's map and the stranger things map is also pretty ok