Since the tome exists solo queue is worse then ever before
Hey Bill, your 3 teammates are all hooked, how about you save them instead doing the gen when 5 are left?!
This is a example, I could literally call 20 more but I think my point is clear, the tomes for survivors are terrible.
So many rounds survivor do nothing then search for all 5 totems and don't start a gen before they know all 5 are destroyed, or killing them self on hook after every chest is open.
The killer tomes are normal good challenges who don't destroy your main objective. Please change it in the future
Comments
Uhhh ok
Solo survivors tend to not be as altruistic for starters. Without perks like Kindred being ran they have to guess whether someone is being saved. If I am 50% on a gen and it is your first hook - you can wait for me to finish the gen.
As for your chest scenario - never seen that happen.
Blaming the Tome is easy but flawed; as this is just normal survivor behavior.
Gens come first, although in your case, the game seemed lost and he coulda done with the unhook points. There are good solo players out there, not everyone has friends to play with.
Killers aren’t any better. I was working on the healing challenge before bed last night and in the two rounds before I gave up there was a trapper that chose to camp right in front of the first hook for the entire time so the rest of us just fixed the gens and escaped and in the second there was a Spirit that was afk for ten minutes before disconnecting. I think they were drunk and fell asleep or something. Either way in both cases I couldn’t work on the challenge.
I somewhat agree as a survivor main. I will run a build to complete my Rift challenges.
I will Crack totems, open chests, heal, gens, or unhook, primarily and my build will be focused to do one of those things.
It may not be a optimal "winning strategy" but, it keeps me switching up builds and playing obscure perks, which I like.
It's funny how you can predict forum post if you watch a lot of youtube content creators
I agree, tome challenges ruin survivor games, sometimes I see other survivors going for chests or to sabotage hooks, ignoring hooked survivors, avoiding healing and ignoring generators just to do a tome challenge, it's ok to do it for killer because you only ruin your own match but survivors not only ruin their own match they also ruin 3 other survivors, they need to re think their challenges to avoid this.
Why? Why does every game have to live or die depending upon if you work to escape or not? Yeah, I know that that is the primary objective, but if that is all that anybody cares about then every game becomes rote and boring and the player base would inevitably move on to other games. If I’m likely to die regardless it’s nice to mix things up. I don’t care if I escape or not. I care about whether the match was fun or not. In the two examples I gave in my first post, I escaped both times and neither one was “fun”.
It is DEFINITELY the tome. Survivors got open 10 chests, cleanse 15 totems, and heal 3 people in a single match etc. I understand that not every single challenge can be something you are already doing every game, but COME ON!
My son played three killer matches last night where ALL FOUR SURVIVORS burnt extra chests! Easy wins for him, but that sucks.
The Rift has been ruining the game since it's release.
Easy Fix don't make the Tome Challenges a 1 trial only thing, that way you can try the challenge on multiple games till you get it and if the match isn't going well you stop doing that and focus on the match. I'm sweatin just coming up with these solutions to SoloQ, omg soloQ is in such trouble, omg...Can you people stop using everything as an excuse to try and get SoloQ buffs? The SoloQ system is absolutly fine, the problem is each player doing whatever and not caring for the match. I understand how you wanna take a match seriously and there's 1 or 2 or 3 guys not doing anything because of a challenge but that's their problem not a Game problem. Again everyone should focus on the match first then challenges and dailies. I trash so manny dailies cause they are something i don't feel like doing, especially on killer side, i'm not gonna be doing Trapper dailies, it will either take 1 match or multiple, i don't mind playing Trapper once a week but playing frequently and having dailies? Hell no. BP Economy? I only level for certain perks i don't even Prestige, you get nothing from Prestige. The grind is already horrible just to get to level 50 once...
Because your idea of fun is completely irrelevant to me, we all have fun in our own way, what may be fun to you may be frustrating for others, in my opinion the dev team should try to find a way to have fun matches without frustrating others.
You just contradicted yourself. If my idea of fun is irrelevant to you, then it is impossible for the devs to create fun matches to satisfy everybody. People are always going to end up frustrated somehow.
Not a contradiction at all, if the challenges were general stuff that doesn't interfere with others like (do a generator, hunook survivors and stuff like that) those are challenges that don't interfere with the main objective, instead they have challenges that people prefer to do over generators or objectives and end up frustrating other people who do want to play the match..
If the challenges were just things that you would normally do within the natural course of a match then they wouldn’t be challenges.
We already have some of them being that way and last time I checked they did call them challenges..
As the saying goes kindred turns bots into teammates.
And those ones take a lot longer to accomplish and are worth less.