Learn to "take a hook" for the team
IMPORTANT: This only applies when your team is NOT made of potatoes and you know you're gonna live cause they can handle "the heat" of rescuing you.
This is something way too common in game, where 3 survivors have already been hooked twice and the 4th survivor hasn't been hooked or chased.
That's the moment where YOU, 4th survivor, need to get chased, even if that gets you hooked, that way, it's a GGEZ against the killer.
I've been in several games where the non hooked person causes the match to end abruptly refusing to get chased, cause the killer starts ENDING the others and it finishes in a 1v1, where, if he had "taken one" for the team, it could've been at least a 3 men escaped.
Comments
If the killer hasn't seen me all game and one or two survivors are on death hook and are being chased - I will do everything I can to take the heat. Your odds of escape are significantly lessened when there are fewer survivors doing objectives (no matter how good you are at hiding).
Believe it or not, this is actually very true. It does happen way too much where a healthy survivor that hasn’t been hooked yet is hiding and the killer comes across the injured survivor that is on their last hook. In that scenario, the survivor needs to take the agro there so a teammate doesn’t die.
This is also something that a lot of survivors blame the killer for “tunneling,” which is ridiculous even though they don’t see that it’s actually their fault for letting their teammates die. If the killer sees the almost dead survivor, you can’t just expect him to just completely ignore him because what the hell is he supposed to do? The killer’s job is to kill, not to hold your hand and let you survive. If the survivor that is almost dead is getting chased by the killer, go in and stop hiding. If you are going to hide and not take agro, don’t blame the killer for your mistake of being a bad teammate.
It depends. If the killer ignores you, then you should be sitting on a generator instead of following a teammate around to make sure they don't get hooked, and trying in vain to take aggro. If the killer chases you, definitely take aggro.
Hahahahahaha, you made my day.
We need more people like you in games
Yeah, I do this even though I'm pretty lackluster at chases. I avoid heat at the start of the game because it's really not my strong suit and I don't want to screw up and give the killer an early start, but If I see the killer chasing someone who has two hooks, or everyone else on the team is on death hook, you bet I'm running straight up to the terror radius and getting in the way.
Though oftentimes you get killers that are cogent of that and don't want to chase the guy with 0/1 hooks when there's someone on death hook to be downed.
Well you identified the issue at the start of your post, the amount of potatoes within red ranks is huge! Like a game today I had players going down in like 5-10seconds on the game map.... the same killer I ran for 10mins while they didnt do much 😂
Your point about taking a hook is what the hook stages being visible is for, but as usual people see it as a 1v1 and the ranks is a mess
The last one who never get hooked usually get into a scene like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4zPDPKP26M
I always try to get myself chased whenever I haven't been hooked in a match. But I often find that the killer will ignore me in favour of someone who has been hooked (if they are not doing very well).
Yep - There's always that player who whines like his team was too scared to do anything when everyone is on their deathhook meanwhile this person is hiding all game with Spine Chill not even been in a chase yet. When the killer can't find a survivor they're not going to waste time they're going to move to the most convenient target they can find. If you initiate a chase with the killer you relieve stress from the team as opposed to you hiding and someone dying and now the game is a lot harder for the other survivors.
As a side note I hate Spine Chill because it breeds bad players.
Spine chill breeds bad survivors? I disagree I feel urban evasion and premonition breed the worst survivors they literally crouch the whole game and do nothing, I occasionally run spine chill and I'm always allowing myself to get in chase I run it for the chance you get spirit as killer because then I get a heads up if she's in chase nearby and phases to my gen trying to pull a fast one or if she's phasing while im being chased I know the moment she decides to leave me and go for someone else. Not gonna deny that it could help a boosted survivor hide because sure it absolutely can do that but when good survivors run spine chill even the best killer is gonna have a rough game due to the headstart when initiating a chase and the increased vault speed it provides.
It does - It breeds the type of player who runs the moment they hear a terror radius in every situation. Almost every time you see a player hiding most of the game doing nothing the moment there is seemingly any danger putting pressure on the rest of your team they almost always have Spine Chill equipped. Having Spine Chill equipped does not mean you are a bad player. However if you use the perk as a crutch early on while learning the game you're likely to continue using it as a crutch and a hinderance to your team.
Almost every time I have a bad / infuriating survivor in my game they have Spine Chill equipped without fail. It is that one perk that tells me all I need to know if I see a survivor doing poorly.
However I will note that Urban Evasion and Premonition fall close to how I view Spine Chill. Just no one uses Premonition because it's a worse Spine Chill and Spine Chill is more passive where as Premonition is unreliable and requires use from the survivor. Spine Chill also has 100% uptime where as Premonition doesn't. Premonition is just in general a terrible perk and even new players realize that Spine Chill is better than Premonition. For starters Premonition seemingly can go off at the incorrect angle and I'd blame this on latency personally.
I agree except for the spine chill part, I think it depends on how you use the perk, if you use it to never get chased even when the others are on last hook it does breed bad players, but if you use it to start the chase before A SILENT killer actually gets to you, then it's a really pro looping perk.
That's what I mean though and that's the distinct difference. I've yet to encounter a player who uses it to zone the killer but instead they always use it to hide all game. That's why I said the perk breeds bad players and not anyone who uses the perk is bad. I think in all of my time in DBD since 2016 I've seen three people who used Spine Chill that used it effectively in a way that also benefited their team.