Why complain if survivors give up if....
You bring a map offering and best add ons as a killer and it’s soloQ? Or if the killer isn’t the same rank as your squad and can’t compete with all meta builds/map offerings plus bnp/instaheals?
to me if you’re knowingly making it unfun for the other party, I wouldn’t be surprised if the other side doesn’t want to participate.
I went up against a wraith, with wall hacks and quick uncloaking with an indoor map offering, ruin/undying, nurses, bbq.... 3 of my teammates just gave up very quickly and then the wraith complained they wasted their add ons and offering for them to just give up. I thought that’s what he wanted with all of that offering
Comments
How to tell if survivors are SWF or Solo? or what rank they are before playing? or what perks they are running?
That's a problem playing killer, you bring a meme build and get a sweaty SWF so next match you bring a strong build and you get a bunch of solos who crouch around the map.
That’s is very true. It would be better to know beforehand.
"to me if you’re knowingly making it unfun for the other party, I wouldn’t be surprised if the other side doesn’t want to participate."
I agree with this so much.
The other day i faced a Spirit with MDR, Amulet, Stridor and the typical slowdown perks on Hawkins, on top of it she tunneled and slugged. When everyone gave up she was like "why not play?????" in end game chat and i'm like bruh...
That ain't no reason to give up whatsoever everyone can bring whatever they like and that's fine only thing that can make me give up is if opposite site is being nothing but toxic intentionally because that's their whole point to make others have bad time as much as possible but bringing add ons and map offerings etc is not reason to give up just like killers dodge lobbies with ttv names or survs with more than one flashlight but again it's less harmful because next killer will take their place when u as surv dc for no reason mid match it's indeed harmful I do agree everyone has something they give up against that's normall but addo on and offerings ain't one of them unless that wraith was absolutely toxic towards you
As long as you can find a reason that it wasn't your fault you lost, that's all that matters right? How could you be competing with killers who bring addons when an honorable person such as yourself never uses addons or items? I'm assuming that's how you're playing anyway because otherwise you're a total hypocrite and it's hard to imagine finding one of those here.
Who said I gave up? Why make it personal?
Because you felt the need to make a thread defending the behavior, outright supporting it.
Why did this post upset you so much?
He acknowledges both sides here. No one wants to play when one side is going all out with what they bring and the other side is just looking to enjoy themselves. He’s not saying that you can’t bring these things but he’s simply saying don’t be surprised if the other side doesn’t want to play.
It's a defense of unsportsmanlike behavior which is something I don't think people should be trying to spread.
Why does my post upset you so much?
I wouldn’t call it unsportsmanlike to “give up”if one side is deliberately trying to take the enjoyment out of the other sides.
Like when old moris were a thing and killers could literally take a player out of the game within a minute. Why would the remaining three survivors keep trying? It’s a waste of time for all people, in my opinion it’s much better for everyone to just move onto the next game
I don't see why survivors shouldn't give up if the game is clearly unwinnable and there's no worthwhile experience to be had in it. Or would you rather have people swapping between lockers for thirty minutes because it's the only way to maybe get out of the scenario alive?
If survivors giving up is boring for the killer - it's pretty hypocritical to claim one side's fun matters when that principle clearly didn't go the other way around.
Exactly. You worded this way better than I did.
So running anything strong is "deliberately trying to take the enjoyment out of the other sides"? Is there some sort of label in the blood web on these addons and perks? "WARNING: WILL RUIN OTHER PLAYER'S EXPERIENCE. WE PUT THESE ADDONS IN AS A TEST, IF YOU ARE USING THEM, YOU FAILED AND ARE A BAD PERSON".
Maybe that would be helpful.
The way I see it is, "this player is using something I don't feel like dealing with. Screw my teammates, I'm not playing". And that is what you're trying to defend here. Just want to make that clear.
I really don't get how saying people shouldn't throw games is a controversial opinion.
I don't think Killers should give up when survivors bring keys or BNP either. It does go both ways.
Players shouldn't give up. That's all I'm saying. If you accept that the situation is completely hopeless, you're never going to learn how to play in that situation. Sure, it may be difficult, but it's never truly impossible.
It feels like you just want to turn this game into something where people look at what the killer / survivors brought and then one side just gives up because apparently there's no point in continuing if one side has any sort of advantage.
I don’t disagree that players shouldn’t give up on either side. That’s not my post. My post is about others complaining when they give up after one side has already stacked the odds in their favour. Those are distinctly different topics to me.
if I were to run meta build on spirit plus her best addons. I would not at all be surprised or mad if I got dcs. I understand, especially with soloQ that it can be incredibly unfun. I also know that with a good swf that build can even the playing field. So I see a purpose for these offerings and add ons and why one would use them but can empathize why it would be oppressive toward a different group of solo players.
thus why I agreed with the earlier comment it would be better for us to know if it’s a swf at the beginning to make proper use of perks
Just to point out here, I agree with you that you shouldn’t give up just because something isn’t going your way, but there are things in this game that deliberately take away the enjoyment out of the other sides experience.
Huntress bringing Iri Head, survivors bringing BNPs or keys, certain map offerings such as Hawkins or Strode keys.
Like OP was saying, don’t be surprised if people don’t want to play along with your pre-assembled power trip.
I do agree that the other side shouldn't complain, just move on and play the next game.
I just wish people would only join a match when they wanted to play a game. People who join and only want to play a match if the other side avoids using whatever they have on their no-no list should stick to private matches.
Your post seems to put all the blame on the person using the add-ons and I don't think that's right. Players can advocate for certain add-ons or items being nerfed, but if they decide to play anyway, they're accepting that those are things in the game that they may have to deal with.
Then they should post in the feedback section rather than throwing the game. Iri hear got nerfed when enough people said something.
If someone's playing in a game where strong add-ons and items exist, they shouldn't be surprised when people use those add-ons. The difference is the person using the add-ons is trying to play the game. People giving up when they see those add-ons are trying to play a twisted version of the game that follows their personal rules.
I think we're misunderstanding each other. I'm not advocating giving up as soon as you hear a Nurse wheeze across the map, or you notice that your Spirit is running Mother-Daughter, or you see that the killer burned a black ward. I'm saying it's fine to throw in the towel when you've got three people left at four gens, the killer's got Ruin/Undying, and you can't even go look for them because you're locked in a cycle of one person being chased, one person being downed/hooked, and one person going for the rescue. There's no path to anyone escaping that doesn't involve being a potato and hatch camping, or the killer suddenly having an aneurysm and spinning in circles for the next four minutes.
My willingness to keep fighting runs parallel to my number of teammates left. If there's no remotely feasible way out, and my staying doesn't help anyone else survive, I'm not under any obligation to continue being a punching bag for someone's entertainment. Doubly so if the killer's one of those types that wants to slug for the 4k and will. not. let. the. game. end until he has both survivors on the ground in front of him. I'm not interested in sticking around for hatch, and my death lets the other guy get it, so why not? Killer gets their win, I can move onto the next game, everybody profits. The only reason to stay in such a situation is to either fight for hatch or try to secure a pip.
Maybe a way to do a vote forfeit would fix this. I just don't want the solution to be not playing the game. If there was some forfeit system in play, I'd be much more okay with it.
Posting in the feedback section really does not do anything. If you go on the front page you can see a 25 page long thread of hundreds of people all complaining about the same issue with no response from a developer.
Not to mention they completely missed the mark on the Iri Head nerf. People’s problem with that add on was that it ruined personal experiences, nothing is stopping the Huntress from breathing down your neck, one hitting you, then simply reloading.
A lot of people have realized that their complaints about this game will go largely unheard, so instead of going on the forums to complain about it, a majority of people will just give up and move onto the next game.
Because I'm bringing perks, addons, and possibly a map offering as part of a build I want to play. I would like to have an actual game instead of people quitting, because they don't like that I decided to play X. It's not really fun if survivors just quit at the start.
Facing something you don't find fun is not a valid excuse to quit. Otherwise we get the issue before DC penalties with people just d/c anytime the game isn't remotely playing in a way they want it to.
lol this going against ######### like that is just not a good time I just afk and make a bagel lol
No, it would be 10x worse. SWF would essentially be removed, as most people wouldn't willingly play against them. The only killers they would get are Nurse, Spirit, Hag, and Blight.
The OP brings up a valid point about being wildly mismatched in rank and facing a killer who has wall hacks. I'm not saying that people should DC or not, I'm just saying that I could understand the frustration of that situation.