Invisible survivors?

Has anyone ever run into survivors that don't show up on bbq or Bitter? I had a survivor that i never saw and was invisible while healing other survivors.

This has happened on more than one occasion and when i check their build for something that explains it they just have the bog standard meta build.

Bug or something more sinister?

Comments

  • Hmmm.. so nobody else has seen survivors hunched over being healed by an invisible survivor with bbq before?

  • image.png

    Disruption Exists

  • That’s Distortion, and @Zozzy knows what aura blocking perks to look out for.

  • I have, once. It was a Steve with no perks (so definitely not Distortion as suggested above).

    He had already been doing suspicious stuff earlier in the trial. I have a clip of him being unhooked in the basement when I was at the top, but he never came up. I double checked every corner and locker down there, but he was somehow gone.

    Then at the end of the trial as I hooked someone else, I saw the aura of someone healing the Steve, but not the Steve's aura himself.

  • I haven't had that yet but other weird things are happening. For at least a week or two now I've been getting reliable disconnects (thankfully I'm not the player who is blamed for them, the killer always is, but that's not fair either). The game is having all kinds of weird server disruptions. I also get massive lag spikes for ten to 40 seconds at least once per session which never happened before last month.

    I'm typing this right now, in fact, because a good 15 minute game suddenly ended with the killer frozen in place and two of the three remaining survivors getting kicked to the lobby with "escapes".

    This REALLY needs looked into.

  • Yes I have, and that (coupled with a few very clear instances of exhaustion being use while exhausted or having no exhaustion perks, survivors magically vanishing into thin air after turning a corner into a doorless hallway, and gens popping in such a way that I wouldn't have noticed they were instapopped if not for Tinkerer) has made me genuinely scared of secret hackers.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Yes I have, and that (coupled with a few very clear instances of exhaustion being use while exhausted or having no exhaustion perks, survivors magically vanishing into thin air after turning a corner into a doorless hallway, and gens popping in such a way that I wouldn't have noticed they were instapopped if not for Tinkerer) has made me genuinely scared of secret hackers.

    I can confirm the "vanishing into thin air", I chased a Bill yesterday who managed to lose me all the time at one Tile, because suddenly he did not have Scratchmarks. He was a Console-player, so most likely he was not hacking. Like, I could have downed him two times with my Chainsaw as Bubba, but he just disappeared. He stayed at the Tile, but he was gone. I had to M1 him at some point so that I at least have grunts of pain for tracking, which worked out, but this Chase robbed me of a 4K (because the last Survivor managed to finish the last Gen and escaped via a Gate).


    @Topic:

    Yes, sometimes I only see the Survivor who is being healed. However, I always forgot to check for Distortion, but it happens so frequently that I doubt that so many Survivors run Distortion.

  • i am well aware, but as i said they did not have any perks to do this.

  • It could happens that they knew you had BBQ and hide in a locker.

    As for Bitter murmur i honestly never knew if you see a survivor aura inside a locker but if you do, maybe that survivor got his aura hidden by a generator aura when the perk triggered ? kinda similar to BBQ, you don't see the aura when they are being a gen.

    If it's not that then i dont know and i'm so sorry for not helping :(

  • ok the.. well, considering my day literally started with a rage hacker zooming around the game with god mode and ending with me being frozen for 5 minutes and kicked to the main menu, i am going to guess that its cheating.

    that would be one rage hacker and 2 stealth cheaters today.

  • If you saw a survivor on Barbecue and Chilli being healed by a survivor whose aura you couldn't see, the healing survivor could have aura-blocking perks or be just barely outside of Barbecue & Chilli range while the survivor being healed was just barely in Barbecue & Chilli range. Here's a quick visualization:

    woot.jpg


  • @TapeKnot said:

    If you saw a survivor on Barbecue and Chilli being healed by a survivor whose aura you couldn't see, the healing survivor could have aura-blocking perks or be just barely outside of Barbecue & Chilli range while the survivor being healed was just barely in Barbecue & Chilli range. Here's a quick visualization:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Y9CHBYW3ADVB/woot.jpg

    That is some freaky luck.

    Doesn't bbq update while active ? So if i am walking towards them then wouldn't the one being healed instantly vanish too?

    edit. It does update. I se it do so with lockers all the time.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2237983#Comment_2237983

    That is some freaky luck.

    Doesn't bbq update while active ? So if i am walking towards them then wouldn't the one being healed instantly vanish too?

    It is freaky luck, but I've seen it happen a few times in my trials. BBQ does update while it is active, but the aura-reading range comes from the hook you used rather than your current position.

  • @TapeKnot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2237997#Comment_2237997

    It is freaky luck, but I've seen it happen a few times in my trials. BBQ does update while it is active, but the aura-reading range comes from the hook you used rather than your current position.

    Oh, learn something new every day i guess.