Please buff surge

Like title. I dont simply understand why the perk has to work only if you down the survivor, and not when you injured them. It has a cooldown so you cant spam regressions, but seriously now is to weak in comparing to other stronger gen regressions perks. It can be a nice alternative to ruin. Maybe make it work with powers also, and not only with meleee could be to much, but now is not that good. And kick gens is terrible without perks. Or in alternative buff base gen kicks.

Comments

  • terrible buff

    just make it soo there's no such a requirement as basic attack down limitation

    they make killers like Demo, Nemesis, huntress but you don't get value from it coz they are made so you down them with special attacks.

  • Agreed, perk is maybe not great but if it just worked when you down a survivor with a power or basic attack or grab - surge activates. I never understood why so many perks got the basic attack requirement on top of the cooldown. It's not gonna be too strong and if something would be, well make it a bit weaker but give people more perks to run instead of ruin/undying combo.

  • @POLBOY said:

    terrible buff

    just make it soo there's no such a requirement as basic attack down limitation

    they make killers like Demo, Nemesis, huntress but you don't get value from it coz they are made so you down them with special attacks.

    I dont know if it's more terrible in mine or your way. However I think I'm sure it Is almost impossibile devs will buff too much a killer perk, because they are afraid of the consequence. One thing is sure, both buff togheter (when injured and with power) are impossible to come, because of legion and stronger killer then him, with slug potential (like hag, huntress, Bubba, nurse, spirit and many others). I hope devs consider at least a little buff, because like the other user said good builds are based on the always used good perks, like ruin +undyng or corrupt+ pop.

  • Surge is fine as is. The basic attack requirement is most likely so that the game bases the regression on where the killer is physically positioned vs. a ranged down.

  • I don't like these "basic attack requirements". Most of the good perks coming into the game recently have this requirement and me, having huntress between my main killers, didn't feel that any perk came into the game at all. Have you noticed 2 of 3 nemesis perks require downing with basic attacks? That's stupid.

  • @Mercês said:

    I don't like these "basic attack requirements". Most of the good perks coming into the game recently have this requirement and me, having huntress between my main killers, didn't feel that any perk came into the game at all. Have you noticed 2 of 3 nemesis perks require downing with basic attacks? That's stupid.

    infectious fright doesn't need basic attack and it's fine, right?

  • @POLBOY said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236551#Comment_2236551

    infectious fright doesn't need basic attack and it's fine, right?

    Yes, but it Is an information perk, not a gen regression one. But I understand, maybe they can try it on PTB and see how it goes. The fact is that by your suggestion surge became a better perk for power killers, but remains a mediocre one for meleee one.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Surge is fine as is. The basic attack requirement is most likely so that the game bases the regression on where the killer is physically positioned vs. a ranged down.

    I not agree only because you have to down them is too much for a cooldown perk. Remove the cooldown or make it wok with injure them or with powers. Really too much restrictions. And that's why ruin and pop are more used I think (I personally never run surge instead of them).

  • @Mercês said:

    I don't like these "basic attack requirements". Most of the good perks coming into the game recently have this requirement and me, having huntress between my main killers, didn't feel that any perk came into the game at all. Have you noticed 2 of 3 nemesis perks require downing with basic attacks? That's stupid.

    Right, I understand. I personally dont like perks with too many restrictions, useless and will never used instead of meta ones.

  • @Prex91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236539#Comment_2236539

    I not agree only because you have to down them is too much for a cooldown perk. Remove the cooldown or make it wok with injure them or with powers. Really too much restrictions. And that's why ruin and pop are more used I think (I personally never run surge instead of them).

    ok, I say all sort of attacks count and make cooldown 20 sec

    sorry, there must be a little cooldown on impactfull perk


    all tho no cooldown, like with inf fright is debatable

  • @Prex91 said:

    Like title. I dont simply understand why the perk has to work only if you down the survivor, and not when you injured them. It has a cooldown so you cant spam regressions, but seriously now is to weak in comparing to other stronger gen regressions perks. It can be a nice alternative to ruin. Maybe make it work with powers also, and not only with meleee could be to much, but now is not that good. And kick gens is terrible without perks. Or in alternative buff base gen kicks.

    Look I honestly think surge needs a buff but not in the way you want, I think they should do one of a few different things: reduce cooldown, lessen restriction on activation, or increase range. But making it so it procs on just injuring is ignorant at best and stupid at worst.

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/254164/please-buff-surge

    Look I honestly think surge needs a buff but not in the way you want, I think they should do one of a few different things: reduce cooldown, lessen restriction on activation, or increase range. But making it so it procs on just injuring is ignorant at best and stupid at worst.

    No need to offend me or my suggestion, I disagree, like with the other user. But I respect both your opion and not be rude/insinuating things like You guys.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Surge is fine as is. The basic attack requirement is most likely so that the game bases the regression on where the killer is physically positioned vs. a ranged down.

    Big disagree, surge has barely gets any real value if a survivor runs away from the gen they were just on. It's also procs even if no gens are in range. Plus it only takes away 6 seconds of gen regression.

  • @twocansofbean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236539#Comment_2236539

    Big disagree, surge has barely gets any real value if a survivor runs away from the gen they were just on. It's also procs even if no gens are in range. Plus it only takes away 6 seconds of gen regression.

    32 meters is a pretty generous radius, and it has the potential to affect multiple gens. Perhaps it's not the one they were working on, but one you chased them toward too.

    It also does not proc and enter cooldown unless at least one generator is affected. It additionally applies to already regressing gens, which I didn't learn until a recent Otz video (thanks for that Otz!). I use it as an added help to Ruin, and in the case Ruin gets destroyed.

    Also when you say six seconds, keep in mind it's also preventing you from needing to damage the generator(s) yourself - which in itself takes precious time to do.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239204#Comment_2239204

    32 meters is a pretty generous radius, and it has the potential to affect multiple gens. Perhaps it's not the one they were working on, but one you chased them toward too.

    It also does not proc and enter cooldown unless at least one generator is affected. It additionally applies to already regressing gens, which I didn't learn until a recent Otz video (thanks for that Otz!). I use it as an added help to Ruin, and in the case Ruin gets destroyed.

    Also when you say six seconds, keep in mind it's also preventing you from needing to damage the generator(s) yourself - which in itself takes precious time to do.

    Personally though when I was using surge as wraith I was still constantly kicking gens. I probably kicked gens at 2/3 the previous rate.

    But I'm pretty sure over all though surge will save you at max 70 seconds. Over the course a 10 minute game. And you only need 4 hooks to make up that time with pop goes the weasel. Ruin out classes surge also.

    Surge is an average perk which sits around the value of thanatophobia. Which is ok. But average perks aren't good in dbd. There are much better choices.

  • @Prex91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2237994#Comment_2237994

    No need to offend, I disagree, like with the other user. But ai respect both your opion and not be rude like You.

    i'll admit I was far more hostile then i needed to be but I dont think that it would be a good idea