Anyone know why Fungoose dropped DBD?

He was one of the best players out there and probs was the best player in Australia. Anyone know why he went to League?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Almost without exception all great or longtime dbd players play both side to some extent. He has videos on both. I personally saw him as a survivor main, but it could have just been the youtube algorithm feeding me that info.

  • @Dodgingbears said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239375#Comment_2239375

    Almost without exception all great or longtime dbd players play both side to some extent. He has videos on both. I personally saw him as a survivor main, but it could have just been the youtube algorithm feeding me that info.

    He used to dedicate sperate days for both killer and survivor, so definitely flex

  • @VESSEL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239508#Comment_2239508

    He used to dedicate sperate days for both killer and survivor, so definitely flex

    Yea for sure, I think the majority of his skill was in survivor comparatively, contrasting Otz, who is better at killer, for instance. that is all I mean... to help them decide if he is the best killer main to watch.... because I would say no... both for information and from a skill level. He and Truetalent are one in the same.... Very strong, way better than me, but not phenominal at killer when compared to Dowsey, Otz, Umbra, Ralph, etc. people like that.

    Tofu is one of the most mechanically even on both sides, as far as I see it. I love his gameplay, sometimes he gets a bit cringey for me because he repeats stuff a lot (to be entertaining and silly) but I hate repeating, its all on me, but sometimes I FFWd his vods to gameplay.

    I would advise staying away from people that are overly negative and toxic like Angrypug and at times truetalent (who blames the game a lot) and even though scott jund is an amazing player, he is (rightfully so) critical of a lot of game design, but it overtakes his stream.

    Sorry for a mini-rant. I love most of those streamers for diff reasons. the only one I cant watch anymore is pug. he used to be funny with his play but now all he does is talk down on the game and his viewers.... or more accurately ... the majority of his content is negative, in my opinion. He changed a lot, I was sub of his for over 2 years, but I cant anymore. Brings my mentality down on things.

  • @Dodgingbears said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239375#Comment_2239375

    Almost without exception all great or longtime dbd players play both side to some extent. He has videos on both. I personally saw him as a survivor main, but it could have just been the youtube algorithm feeding me that info.

    He was most definitely a killer main. He played more survivor later on when he got together some very good teammates to SWF with.

    @Mtom912 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236191#Comment_2236191

    definitely not, his anti stream sniping screen, is more known as the queue dodging screen in OCE whenever he gets decent survivors, and I doubt goose would play comp

    Well, I was trying not to go there...

    Anyway, regarding the last bit, he was going to play survivor in Hexy's tournament (killer was going to be DeviB iirc). Then the team was excluded due to ping.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239508#Comment_2239508

    He was most definitely a killer main. He played more survivor later on when he got together some very good teammates to SWF with.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239579#Comment_2239579

    Well, I was trying not to go there...

    Anyway, regarding the last bit, he was going to play survivor in Hexy's tournament (killer was going to be DeviB iirc). Then the team was excluded due to ping.

    Again, my opinion was based off of the footage I have seen of him that is worth watching at a high level.

  • He stopped playing? Thank god. That man had to go.

  • @Lemoniax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233548#Comment_2233548

    So much this. Hope he succeeds with LoL. I bet streamers like Otz are fed up with this game too but won't risk moving entirely to another game. DbD would lose half their streamers if people would not care about their viewer counts/established fanbase and just be honest with themselves.

    Otz would 100% be fine without DBD. His RE8 steams did really well.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    He stopped playing? Thank god. That man had to go.

    why?

  • Bad influence on new players and lying about inventing builds

  • @Dodgingbears said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2238531#Comment_2238531

    I am totally empathetic to that. My appeal was to not be overly negative. They obviously care about the game and interact with the community. Just because they haven't fulfilled what you (or anyone reporting or posting) may consider most important doesnt mean that saying statements like "devs dont care" is warranted. They are not trying to kill the game.

    I was not defending things that are broken not being fixed, saying they should ignore them. I was simply trying to reduce toxic or negative posts and encourage that they do engage with the community and they are trying to fix things as evidenced through recent balancing, changes to characters (specifically killers) and their addons, perks, map updates, etc.

    Remember they are a smaller company and a smaller dev team. This is not Activision with an army of devs that still regularly ignores players in light of their own plans. This is a smaller community relative to big games and voicing our frustrations constructively will net better results, I believe. Upsetting the playerbase or adding fuel to someone's fire does not help fix anything, and drives a wedge between devs and community.

    This is a common problem in EVERY multiplayer online game. They layed out their roadmap and goals in the stream. If people want them to prioritize something else and they get an influx of those requests, do you think they will ignore it? I manage a development team and I can tell you they wont. even if it feels like that or they are slower.

    Bottom line, stay true and be constructive... if it is too frustrating, then play other games while you wait to fix or incorporate other hobbies, but stay in the community because it needs strong positive ambassadors, not whiney streamers and brooding forum posts.

    BHVR needs and deserves some negativity for their consistent thick-headed refusal to listen to their community time and time again. I have actually lost count of the number of times people have waited months or years for a change, even a simple one and had them ignore it, put it on the backburner or outright mock people affected by it. So screw their feelings; I'm a customer and I will be served.

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2238792#Comment_2238792

    BHVR needs and deserves some negativity for their consistent thick-headed refusal to listen to their community time and time again. I have actually lost count of the number of times people have waited months or years for a change, even a simple one and had them ignore it, put it on the backburner or outright mock people affected by it. So screw their feelings; I'm a customer and I will be served.

    You were almost on a good path, then you devolved into petty negativity. They have a product and you can choose to use it as is, or not. That is the counter to you being a customer. Do not digress, but assist progress. I am not saying to not be critical, but how you approach things is as important as what you are trying to have fixed.

  • @Dodgingbears said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2241642#Comment_2241642

    You were almost on a good path, then you devolved into petty negativity. They have a product and you can choose to use it as is, or not. That is the counter to you being a customer. Do not digress, but assist progress. I am not saying to not be critical, but how you approach things is as important as what you are trying to have fixed. Its a level of maturity that you need to have when speaking to adults.

    We tried being reasonable. You're new; you don't know how hard a lot of OG players tried. Positivity didn't work. But what we did see was whining working very well (for one side). BHVR made this situation. They can deal with it and I won't be told their customers are unreasonable for expecting better.

  • At least noob3 and hybrid panda made a return so that's cool ")

  • Please keep the discussion civil and respectful, thank you.

  • @Rizzo said:

    Please keep the discussion civil and respectful, thank you.

    You can go ahead and lock it. I think we had enough insight :) plus extra talk might just be arguments

  • Closed as asked.

1 2 ›