Nerfs Needed

When can we expect nerfs for Deathslinger or Spirit so I can stop killing my self on the hook and actually play both without feeling like I 4ked without having to try? Not bait cause I actually enjoy versing Nurse cause she actually has counterplay.

Comments

  • Spirit is fine as long as SWF is still a thing.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/253859/nerfs-needed

    You're not gonna get better against them if all you do is hook suicide. 🤷‍♂️

    Also, way to screw over your teammates as well...

    seriously though.. people really need to learn to get good.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2231954#Comment_2231954

    Nurse can blink twice in a row, therefore, spirit can phase twice in a row.

    Nurse can see survivors while she blinks, therefore, spirit can see survivors while phasing.

    Do you really need an explanation on why something applying to a character doesn't mean it applies to another?

    ...what?

    Guess this clears things up, you just have no idea what Im saying and Im just gonna leave it at that

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I hope if/when Spirit is nerfed that Iron Will is nerfed at the same time. We already have audio occlusion, having a perk that completely eliminates an aspect of tracking for free is dumb.

    actually the main reason i'm using iron will just to counter spirit. I would happily changes it when spirit got nerfed

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2231702#Comment_2231702

    I mostly like your changes, but I still disagree he should be able to quickscope. Every other ranged killer in the game has some sort of charge time and/or tell that the ranged attack is coming. When Deathslinger quickscopes, you cannot dodge. You can try to anticipate the shot and dodge preemptively, but at the end of the day he has to miss. Similarly, if a Slinger is missing after ADSing for a few seconds, that's on their aim tbh. It's not possible to actually dodge his projectile, so the best you can do is alligator run and hope he misses. If you're on console I certainly agree that actually lining up an accurate shot on a dodging survivor is extremely difficult, but that's a limitation of playing on a controller more than anything.

    His gun effectively is a direct source of damage. It does two health states of damage to healthy survivors and one to injured survivors, even if they break the chain. An injured survivor breaking the chain seldom happens either, because any Deathslinger with a head on their shoulders will seldom shoot an injured survivor when they won't be able to reel them in. So, in effect, he almost always downs any speared injured survivor in addition to deep wounding any healthy survivor.

    I think your proposed changes would be a net nerf to him, actually, and I don't think that was your intention. Zoning is a lot of the reason that he's busted in the 1v1 right now, so while Deathslingers with flawless aim wouldn't be hit hard, I think most Deathslingers would be. If his add-ons were really buffed then it might come out in the wash, but I think we should be pushing for better base kits and weaker add-ons instead of the opposite.

    I like your cooldown between ADSes and I'm fine with an add-on rework (although again, I don't want them to be strong; just more consistently useful). I'd be okay with 115% while his clip is empty too, although keeping him at a 24m TR with 115% speed doesn't feel great either. I do think he needs a slower ADS, though, or at a minimum some sort of charge mechanic if the ADS must stay this fast. WIth this, I also don't think he'd need the cooldown between ADSes; the slower movement speed while raising his gun would be enough of a deterrent, just like it is for Huntress when she raises a hatchet.

    I love the idea of a grappling hook for him, actually. It adds a lot of creativity and mobility to him, which he will need once he's not broken in the 1v1. It could be a bit tricky to balance - Do you reload after each grapple? Is there a cooldown? Can you M1 while grappling? How fast do you travel? - but I think it's worth any difficulty and growing pains. This would also be a major buff, especially in maps with elevation. Imagine how fun it would be to shoot the ceiling and rocket up the drop on Hawkins, and stuff. I think it'd be awesome! He'd feel like a hybrid between Blight and Huntress.

    I would also remove his ability to deep wound healthy survivors who break free from the chain, since it's difficult to do in the first place unless he doesn't care about reeling you in, and since there is very little reward for a healthy survivor breaking the chain at the moment. I would keep the deep wounds for injured survivors who break free from the chain only. This way would also be logical, since it's one health state per hit on a healthy survivor; you need the M1 at the end to do the extra health state of damage.

    Finally, his TR audio needs to make it clear when survivors are in the TR. Currently it spins up so quietly that his TR is effectively smaller than it really is. This should change.

    HItting shots with him also does feel way less consistent than for other ranged killers, like Huntress. I'd increase the hitbox of the projectile to make him feel more consistent. I wouldn't necessarily make it Huntress-sized, but definitely big enough to make his power more forgiving.

    So, to summarize, the full changes I'd propose:

    Buff

    • Grappling hook with a modest (~5-10 second) cooldown and no reload requirement between uses. This would still scare crows and the audio would be directional within a certain radius, just like a normal Redeemer shot.
    • Bigger projectile hitbox
    • Add-on rework (not powerful, but more consistently useful)

    Nerf

    • Substantially increased ADS time
    • Healthy survivors who break free from the chain are no longer deep wounded
    • TR audio adjusted so it's clear when survivors are in his terror radius

    ----

    Also, since when can you crouch while speared? As far as I knew he could always hit you through a window, but if this is possible it seems like he should never be able to hit you through a window.

    Thanks for the feedback. About your last question, yes, you've always been able to crouch during the reel - there's no animation change but your camera noticeably lowers. You know when you crouch while being healed, your camera goes down but nothing else? It actually reduces your hitbox to a crouching survivor hitbox, hence the clips you see sometimes where a hatchet or spear goes through somebody's head when they're being healed but doesn't hit them.

    You can still hit people through windows when they're crouching and being reeled, but it has to be dead-on. Like, facing each other directly on each end of the window without any kind of angle or one person being at the side of the window. Otherwise, 9/10 times you'll just hit the window instead. I've tested this to the best of my ability - and it's not too difficult to wiggle during the reel so that you're at the edge of a window. I'm very glad many people don't know about this.

  • I can understand nerfing Spirit definitely. But Deathslinger is balanced but he's unenjoyable.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/253859/nerfs-needed

    You're not gonna get better against them if all you do is hook suicide. 🤷‍♂️

    Also, way to screw over your teammates as well...

    @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    Wow... way to screw over your teammates.

    Hate a killer all you want, but no need to ruin a game over it.

    I just love this new argument against it that so many have adopted, its borderline trolling tbh.

    Who cares about your "teammates" in this game? did you not see its up to you how you want to play it? its literally in the game's discription and next to that, what about the killer picking a killer/playstyle/build so cheap it ruins the entire match but you are forced to stay in that match for your teammates?

    you guys are something else.

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2231497#Comment_2231497

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2231506#Comment_2231506

    I just love this new argument against it that so many have adopted, its borderline trolling tbh.

    Who cares about your "teammates" in this game? did you not see its up to you how you want to play it? its literally in the game's discription and next to that, what about the killer picking a killer/playstyle/build so cheap it ruins the entire match but you are forced to stay in that match for your teammates?

    you guys are something else.

    It's not trolling, it's just facts. There are infinitely better alternatives to suiciding on first hook and screwing over your teammates.

    If the game is not fun for you, then take a break or play a different game. No need to suicide on first hook and ruin your teammate's because you hate playing against a certain killer — that's just plain out selfish.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2232229#Comment_2232229

    ...what?

    Guess this clears things up, you just have no idea what Im saying and Im just gonna leave it at that

    cute....

  • Whats cute? Your act or your refusal to try to understand what Im saying because really, what you said previously really did clear a lot of things up

    Its like saying "Trapper and Hag arent even comparable! What theyre trapping killers??? Oh so Trapper can teleport to his traps and Hag can make people stuck in her traps now???"

    Again, sweetheart. They dont play EXACTLY the same, the way you play against them is DIFFERENT, but at the end of the day as a survivor youre guessing what theyre doing and the odds a heavily stacked against you with little to no options.

  • You can tell someone who doesn't understand how DbD works when they claim Nurse has counterplay that Slinger doesn't.

    Only bad Nurse's have counterplay, and it's the same with bad Slinger's. Just wiggle a bit and don't fall for that idiotic zoning, and they'll miss most of their shots. Same as playing against a crappy Nurse and using LoS blocks to mess with her prediction blinks that she shouldn't be making because that's just dumb gameplay.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    You can tell someone who doesn't understand how DbD works when they claim Nurse has counterplay that Slinger doesn't.

    Only bad Nurse's have counterplay, and it's the same with bad Slinger's. Just wiggle a bit and don't fall for that idiotic zoning, and they'll miss most of their shots. Same as playing against a crappy Nurse and using LoS blocks to mess with her prediction blinks that she shouldn't be making because that's just dumb gameplay.

    Good Slingers have counter play, its not fun counterplay though. Basically involves stealthing.

    You can also pre drop pallets early forcing a good spirit to guess or preventing a good deathslinger from pulling you with his gun.

    In my opinion they are both not super OP. Just not fun to go in chases against which is the core of DBD.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233095#Comment_2233095

    Whats cute? Your act or your refusal to try to understand what Im saying because really, what you said previously really did clear a lot of things up

    Its like saying "Trapper and Hag arent even comparable! What theyre trapping killers??? Oh so Trapper can teleport to his traps and Hag can make people stuck in her traps now???"

    Again, sweetheart. They dont play EXACTLY the same, the way you play against them is DIFFERENT, but at the end of the day as a survivor youre guessing what theyre doing and the odds a heavily stacked against you with little to no options.

    what's cute, is you being so defensive about it.

    not everything that applies to one character applies to another. that is all.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233124#Comment_2233124

    what's cute, is you being so defensive about it.

    not everything that applies to one character applies to another. that is all.

    Not being defensive, just making sure you understand but thats clearly out of the equation. Good day

  • Spirit should be visible within 2 meters of a survivor

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233335#Comment_2233335

    Not being defensive, just making sure you understand but thats clearly out of the equation. Good day

    again, cute...

  • I will continue to kill myself on hook until Spirit is changed. Her power has no place for this game and the amount of times I've had teammates dc or kill themselves on hook and I still proceeded to try... Yea no its kill myself on hook or change. Nothing else will stop me and it isn't being selfish if my skill set as a survivor means nothing when I'm getting chased by a Spirit. That's unfair.

  • @KidDope25 said:

    I will continue to kill myself on hook until Spirit is changed. Her power has no place for this game and the amount of times I've had teammates dc or kill themselves on hook and I still proceeded to try... Yea no its kill myself on hook or change. Nothing else will stop me and it isn't being selfish if my skill set as a survivor means nothing when I'm getting chased by a Spirit. That's unfair.

    then keep killing yourself on hook your making her job easier.

1 2 ›