Being tunneled is the power role
No joke. Having a Killer heavily commit to you is absolutely the power role in DBD. It's high risk of course because if you don't last long your death could lose the game, but if you can take the heat the Killer can essentially throw the game from lack of map pressure.
I won a game at Rank 1 from being tunneled. The Wraith hooked me and immediately went for me after being unhooked again in a dead zone. I didn't have DS and went final hook stage within the first three minutes.
After that point, the Wraith went out of their way to look for me and find me because I was such a juicy target. The first chase ended with a Smash Hit and they had to drop me. The second chase ended with an unexpected Dead Hard into an extremely safe pallet that gave me tons of distance, so again they had to drop me.
Losing two heavily committed chases bought my team enough time to finish the last gen and the only reason the Wraith committed so heavily was because I had been tunneled so I would have been on dead on hook. Being tunneled is the power role.
Comments
The Nurse: Allow me to introduce myself
Nurse is the entire gameβs power role.
Being tunneled, especially by a tilted or less proficient killer, gives you a lot of potential power, sure. But it can't be the power role because you aren't the one dictating the course of the match. Yes, you're looping them like a god when you could be going down in ten seconds (which... is what will happen to most people in this role), and you're buying your teammates several gens, but the killer has the power to abandon you at any time, and there's nothing you could do to make them continue chasing you short of offering a free hit. They're the power role in this scenario, they're just making bad decisions in committing to a target that outclasses them.
Being in the power role means the other side's gameplay is reactive. Being tunneled is reactive, not proactive - you don't have the option to do anything but keep running away, and the killer always has the option to go 'this survivor is too hard and I'm wasting time' and can quote-unquote counter your looping by giving up and finding someone weaker.
My nurse: WHAT!!? ; WHERE DID HE/SHE GO?? ; HOW THE HELL DID I MISS?! ; NOT THE TREE! ; I CAN'T GO THROUGH THIS?? ; STILL WASN'T CLOSE ENOUGH?? ; DEAD HAAAAAARD ; WHERE AM I??? ; LAST GEN DONE ALREADY??
yeah, those are my nurse games ππππ
Having thought I had the power here I can safely say killer disconnect is the power role. Until autoban I think. Hopefully.
Killers: "We're so weak, survivors are so much stringer than us"
Also Killers: *Stacks 4x Slowdown on Nurse, or 3x slowdown + Stridor on spirit, and faces exclusively solo teams who don't stand a chance only to do nothing but call them awful*
Wow it's almost like you're mot the only one who knows how to generalise
That's why killers tunnel the weak links and not good loopers. Tunneling a good looper almost ensures you lose the game and you still might not even get them as long as their teammates help him out.
He's using Gramma savvy, whats your next move?
Yep. It's a legitimate strategy that I would guess works more times than it doesn't.
You resort to correcting a typo because you have no argument love to see it π₯°π₯°,
I would agree with you if there weren't sometimes where you can get unhooked in an area with absolutely no pallets or windows and you're just completely screwed because you got unlucky. Also there are some killers that are just completely unfair in chase like nurse and spirit. But if this game was 100% balanced and there was no luck I would agree.
I just edited the comment because I misread what I'd written in the first place.
Lord forgive me for not being able to see correctly at 6am after about 2 hours of rest and a massive headache
Edit: Also, not :)
You are forgiven. Perhaps next time get some proper rest before unnecessarily trying to start arguments on the Internet. Just a tip friend.
Or maybe don't resort to correcting typos because you don't have an argument to make ππ
I wasn't arguing. You were. I was kindly correcting your error. You're welcome.
So instead of having a discussion/argument on a discussion forum you correct a typo that's easy to read what it was meant to say because... You have no point, got it.
I don't have the patience for this, have a nice day
And that's why when I play with my friends that are newer to the game, i take a flashlight. If i see a tunneler, the clicky clicky ensures the attention goes on me, and god do I love the attention π
Sorry, better luck next time
Lol if you read again you can see I wasn't the one trying to start an argument. Or even making an argument.
I do like that meme though :)
You built a whole argument over a typo gsjajfkakdnskdfjcj
Yes it's a must in my reaction memes folder
Nope. As I said, I made an isolated comment comparing the disparity between two opposing points on here made by
It did make me chuckle :)