Is starstruck the new NOED?
I don't know if it's just me, but I really believe that perk is becoming the new NOED. I have seen them in 4/5 killers for the past 4 days. The amount of "carry" then drop and slug has increased horribly, it's even a common strategy to leave a bit, come back for the downed survivor as soon as you see him/her being healed, pick the surv up, drop him and chase the new exposed survivor (the guy who was healing the downed survivor).
Maybe change the amount of time you're exposed? I think it's really killer sided.
I'm saying all of this as a killer main, and as a rank 1 survivor that has been in the game since launch.
I haven't tried it with Iron Grasp and Agitation, or maybe with TR perks, but it could be pretty OP couldn't it?
Important, I DO NOT THINK NOED or this perk are game changing, they're both valid perks. But I do think this one should get a small change.
EDIT: I have to say I like to play hero, and I flashlight save people a lot, and this might be the problem I'm having with this perk, where, as with NOED, I'm forced to stay away, which is completely opposite to what I like to do as survivor. It forces me to stay on the gens and play safe, which is pretty boring to me.
Comments
Hardly, to trigger it for very limited duration you need to down and pick up survivor frist. A lot of conditions for a reward that just a couple killers can properly utilise.
As survivors all you need to do is just sit on gens and don't rush to a hook besides obviously just looping the killer or evading him alltogether.
It’s not op it has a cooldown just stay out of the killers terror radius
I think this perk needs only one change. Do not active it for terror radius, activate it for 10 - 15 - 20 m area. And then someone can not combine it with TR perks. Because that perk is being so strong with some combos.
NOED and Starstruck is ok perks. Neither is OP. Many runs Starstruck because it's a new perk and it's not weak, that is all.
Exactly my point
Am I the only one who has never seen Starstruck a single time?
Starstruck activates in the process of doing your objectives, NOED activates for failing them.
I am not seeing too. I just saw on one Nurse. It was hard game but when we saw Starstruck on her, we adepted game.
I've seen it on nurse and wraith, and it worked pretty damn well on both of them
I have also never seen starstruck except on Trickster
If you try combining the perk with Iron grasp or Agitation or throw on some terror radius perks on top of Starstruck, then you're wasting 2-4 perk slots. You're sacrificing a lot just to get Starstruck value. It's something you won't see in an average match, and to be honest if people want to waste so many slots just to get value out of one perk, why not? They won't have any form of tracking perks or slowdown perks and they're completely banking on their ability to hook people fast, and then afterwards find people fast without tracking perks and down them without chasing perks.
If they're not using the combination of a terror radius perk, Agitation, Starstruck and Iron Grasp and replace one of them with let's say a slowdown perk then logically the potential of getting value out of Starstruck will decrease. Meanwhile they still don't have any form of tracking or chasing perks available to them.
On top of all that, Starstruck also has a cooldown so it won't be active all the time.
The only killer I believe is problematic with the perk is Nurse, but that's just Nurse. Nurse is just a problematic killer that ignores all core game dynamics so... pretty much any perk that's good could be considered broken on her.
It doesn't ruin the lives of solo players while not being effective vs SWF
You have to earn the perk, not just exist in the match
It's not a perk used by garbage players to compensate for their lack of skill
So no, I don't think it is.
I don't think they're at all comparable, actually.