Your Dream Costume

To counter some of the heaviness of the forums today I thought it'd be fun to talk about cosmetics! If you could have any costume for any of the existing characters what would you choose and why?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    Right now? Classic Nemesis.

    I didn't like the RE3 remake much but I thought the new Nemesis looks truly awful.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/VZQ40V2Q2BTV/1210170-re3-nemesis.jpg

    THIS, is Nemesis.

    The remake tried too hard to make him look once-human with the awkward nose, and lost the monster aspect across the way with those weird ass coke bottle proportions.

    I agree with you! A more classic Nemesis would probably sell really well. I think in the new design it's a lack of stitches and staples that really throw me off. In the redesign he has like two stitches instead of the classic line of them... That and his teeth.

    dead-by-daylight-resident-evil-nemesis-1269870.jpeg meltecs-big-mouth-clown-carnival_1_cebedfbdc2d109a3fa96c53ad8d6d9a5.jpg

    Why did they do that to his mouth? All I can think of is this arcade game when I see him. 🤣

  • so I have some outfits my OCs (not related to the game) wear and I thought they might be cute or just nice to see in the game because of the looks

    32676415_kfqWFVThiOrBdWV.png

    Personally, I like these outfits, and I feel like the pink haired girl's (Aishi) outfit would be nice for Feng Min, or maybe Yui. The blue haired boy's (Sora) outfit I don't know who that would be fitting for just yet, you can give suggestions. Maybe it could suit Felix, but it seems farfetched.

    320 sin título_20210403052834.png

    This art wasn't by me, but the character (Kai) does, I feel like this outfit could be suiting for Dwight maybe.

    17916927_XGYyGNOovACDW2E.jpg

    Again, art not mine, but the character's (Alicia) outfit could work for Claudette, Yui, or Yun-Jin Lee

    I included the characters names so if anyone wants to give a better idea of who the outfit fits for, you can use the names instead of pointing out characteristics.

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EV0IUPT368ZC/image.png

    This on Jake, i have been silently praying for this for years at this point

    if we got this, I would stop playing as Feng Min and main Jake, Kingdom Hearts is my childhood

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225192#Comment_2225192

    I'm not sure I understand this one! Why that costume and why Jake? Is it just something that looks cool or is it a reference to something that went over my head? 😊

    Jake is my main and i would 100% wear this coat IRL if i had it

    as for the reference, well, It's a Kingdom Hearts reference, i question how you have no idea what it is given that Kingdom Hearts 3 was one of the biggest releases in 2019 but hey, i ain't stopping you from spending the next 60 hours reading up on the lore and story

  • It's hand-drawn and i suck at drawing so don't worry, you're not missing out.

    But the basic concept is: The outfit makes Wraith really close to the Entity and will make him look like an Entity's Realm veteran.


    The cloak is ripped to shreds, with only the hoodie and down to the shoulders remaining.

    The skin is now very much black (the actual "color" black), also very charred and dry with pieces of skin peeling off on their own.

    He'll have a few growths spread around on his body which shape to look like hydrothermal vents, which will emit the same black smoke a Killer sees on the sides of their screen when they're under the Undetectable Status Effect.

    He'll have a hoodie on which is completely filled with that smoke, making you unable to see anything in the hoodie aside from very pure, bright-white eyes.

    There'll be numerous small Entity Legs growing from within the hoodie, growing through the front and ripping through the sides, back and top of the hoodie.

    The chest has a giant hole in it and in that hole is now a giant Auric Cell, held together with some Entity Legs.

    It's animated so that the Auric Cell pulses slowly constantly, and some of the Entity Legs poke into it every now and then, making it pulse hard once as a reaction.

    This is to insinuate that the Entity at some point had to give Wraith a new way to live, granting him this Auric Cell, but also makes it way easier to manipulate him, as poking this Auric Cell hurts him, so basically torture within the Trial.

    As a weapon, it'll be a rather large and sharp Entity Leg that's grown from his right wrist.

    It can move on its own, but of course that has no effect on the actual gameplay.

  • @Mekochi said:

    so I have some outfits my OCs (not related to the game) wear and I thought they might be cute or just nice to see in the game because of the looks

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0MNLF7QDBMH0/32676415-kfqwfvthiorbdwv.png

    Personally, I like these outfits, and I feel like the pink haired girl's (Aishi) outfit would be nice for Feng Min, or maybe Yui. The blue haired boy's (Sora) outfit I don't know who that would be fitting for just yet, you can give suggestions. Maybe it could suit Felix, but it seems farfetched.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/62MDMP2SRDWA/320-sin-t-c3-adtulo-20210403052834.png

    This art wasn't by me, but the character (Kai) does, I feel like this outfit could be suiting for Dwight maybe.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O5AMBBIAEI7H/17916927-xgyygnoovacdw2e.jpg

    Again, art not mine, but the character's (Alicia) outfit could work for Claudette, Yui, or Yun-Jin Lee

    I included the characters names so if anyone wants to give a better idea of who the outfit fits for, you can use the names instead of pointing out characteristics.

    The third picture is adorable! I think that would actually work best for Kate. She already has her performing in Japan outfit, this seems like it would be a good follow up to that!

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226157#Comment_2226157

    Jake is my main and i would 100% wear this coat IRL if i had it

    as for the reference, well, It's a Kingdom Hearts reference, i question how you have no idea what it is given that Kingdom Hearts 3 was one of the biggest releases in 2019 but hey, i ain't stopping you from spending the next 60 hours reading up on the lore and story

    A Disney/Kingdom Hearts line of costumes is probably unlikely but would be really great if they did manage it! I could see that selling well as people seem to really like the cutesy costumes. And now that the fog is basically nonexistent I've stopped bothering with stealthy costumes and have really leaned into the colors too!

    The explanation is actually pretty simple - I'm a PC gamer! I spend all of my time (and money lol) on my PC so I'm pretty oblivious to console releases. My PS4 was an impulse buy that I got purely to play three games, one of which was DbD with my console-only friends. And here we are! 😊

  • @SalmonDean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226181#Comment_2226181

    To be fair, I had no idea what it was either lol. I’ve never played a single KH game, as they’re not my sort of thing. My only knowledge is the song Simple and Clean as back when I was in school, my friend loved that song because of (I think) the first game?

    honestly not surprised, The coat isn't really dissimilar to any other edgy black trench-coat, but it's a reference to some of my favourite games and i want it VERY badly

  • @SalmonDean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226147#Comment_2226147

    I really want something punk / gothic for Meg. Her lore says that she went “off the rails” before finding sports, so it would be cool to explore that period of her life through cosmetics. I can definitely see her having an emo phase lol.

    I think now that Meg is going to be getting an upgrade in her graphics (and a much needed improvement to her face in my personal opinion) we will see a spike in Meg players and in the cosmetics that are released for her. Her story reads very early 2000's to me so a little emo outfit would not only be fitting but would be adorable!

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225479#Comment_2225479

    It's hand-drawn and i suck at drawing so don't worry, you're not missing out.

    But the basic concept is: The outfit makes Wraith really close to the Entity and will make him look like an Entity's Realm veteran.

    The cloak is ripped to shreds, with only the hoodie and down to the shoulders remaining.

    The skin is now very much black (the actual "color" black), also very charred and dry with pieces of skin peeling off on their own.

    He'll have a few growths spread around on his body which shape to look like hydrothermal vents, which will emit the same black smoke a Killer sees on the sides of their screen when they're under the Undetectable Status Effect.

    He'll have a hoodie on which is completely filled with that smoke, making you unable to see anything in the hoodie aside from very pure, bright-white eyes.

    There'll be numerous small Entity Legs growing from within the hoodie, growing through the front and ripping through the sides, back and top of the hoodie.

    The chest has a giant hole in it and in that hole is now a giant Auric Cell, held together with some Entity Legs.

    It's animated so that the Auric Cell pulses slowly constantly, and some of the Entity Legs poke into it every now and then, making it pulse hard once as a reaction.

    This is to insinuate that the Entity at some point had to give Wraith a new way to live, granting him this Auric Cell, but also makes it way easier to manipulate him, as poking this Auric Cell hurts him, so basically torture within the Trial.

    As a weapon, it'll be a rather large and sharp Entity Leg that's grown from his right wrist.

    It can move on its own, but of course that has no effect on the actual gameplay.

    I love this! That is so creative and sounds like such a creepy and thematic outfit - I'd honestly love to see an entire line of Entity influenced costumes for the original Killers!

    I think there is a fashion contest coming up. You should absolutely revisit this and submit your concept, it would have my vote! ☺️

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    To counter some of the heaviness of the forums today I thought it'd be fun to talk about cosmetics! If you could have any costume for any of the existing characters what would you choose and why?

    I want to unleash the little girl on the inside of me

    images (7).jpeg


  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226256#Comment_2226256

    I love this! That is so creative and sounds like such a creepy and thematic outfit - I'd honestly love to see an entire line of Entity influenced costumes for the original Killers!

    I think there is a fashion contest coming up. You should absolutely revisit this and submit your concept, it would have my vote! ☺️

    Last time there was a contest i couldn't participate cause of country rules.

    Which i still don't understand as i did participate in one before.

    I'll participate if i can.


    But yes, i'd like an Entity line of outfits, like how there's a Blight line of them.

  • @SalmonDean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226295#Comment_2226295

    I don’t blame you! I would kill to have a The Last of Us crossover as that’s my favourite game franchise. I can’t see it ever happening, but a girl can and will dream. 😂

    Ellie as a Meg cosmetic would be pretty sweet ngl

  • I'm honestly surprised that they didn't do a Princess Heart costume for her yet. 😂 It seems like such an easy cash grab for them as so many SH fans would probably jump at it.

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226312#Comment_2226312

    I'm honestly surprised that they didn't do a Princess Heart costume for her yet. 😂 It seems like such an easy cash grab for them as so many SH fans would probably jump at it.

    My guess is there waiting for some of the hype to die down for some of the SH chapter or until the Resident Evil chapter over shadows it completely.possibly?

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226327#Comment_2226327

    My guess is there waiting for some of the hype to die down for some of the SH chapter or until the Resident Evil chapter over shadows it completely.possibly?

    It could also be something related to the licensing of those characters. I highly doubt the devs have any artistic freedom with licensed characters and are undoubtedly only able to design approved costumes. They might have already asked for more Cheryl/Heather costumes and been told no. We'll never know.

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226335#Comment_2226335

    It could also be something related to the licensing of those characters. I highly doubt the devs have any artistic freedom with licensed characters and are undoubtedly only able to design approved costumes. They might have already asked for more Cheryl/Heather costumes and been told no. We'll never know.

    That may be the case,and sure Konami will probably want to give so much in the 1st quarter of the characters release.

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226178#Comment_2226178

    The third picture is adorable! I think that would actually work best for Kate. She already has her performing in Japan outfit, this seems like it would be a good follow up to that!

    Ah true, plus Alicia (character's name) is a mom type, and I think of Kate sort of like the mom of the group trying to help the others stay calm for the ones who'd most likely be freaking out, nice suggestion ^^

  • Noir Leon

    Noir Leon.jpg

    Gangster Leon (Resident Evil 4)

    Gangster Leon.jpg

    Sheriff Leon

    Sheriff Leon.jpg


    Plain Clothes Leon

    Plain-Clothed Leon.jpg


  • its something that already exists: all legacy outfits for claudette and dwight.

  • Classic Jill

    Classic Jill.jpg

    STARS jill

    STARS JILL.jpg

    Revelation's Jill

    Revalations 1 Jill.png

    Pirate Jill

    Jill_pirate.png

    Revelations 1 Wetsuit

    Wetsuit Jill.jpg


  • i would also appreciate claudette in her gardening clothes.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225479#Comment_2225479

    It's hand-drawn and i suck at drawing so don't worry, you're not missing out.

    But the basic concept is: The outfit makes Wraith really close to the Entity and will make him look like an Entity's Realm veteran.

    The cloak is ripped to shreds, with only the hoodie and down to the shoulders remaining.

    The skin is now very much black (the actual "color" black), also very charred and dry with pieces of skin peeling off on their own.

    He'll have a few growths spread around on his body which shape to look like hydrothermal vents, which will emit the same black smoke a Killer sees on the sides of their screen when they're under the Undetectable Status Effect.

    He'll have a hoodie on which is completely filled with that smoke, making you unable to see anything in the hoodie aside from very pure, bright-white eyes.

    There'll be numerous small Entity Legs growing from within the hoodie, growing through the front and ripping through the sides, back and top of the hoodie.

    The chest has a giant hole in it and in that hole is now a giant Auric Cell, held together with some Entity Legs.

    It's animated so that the Auric Cell pulses slowly constantly, and some of the Entity Legs poke into it every now and then, making it pulse hard once as a reaction.

    This is to insinuate that the Entity at some point had to give Wraith a new way to live, granting him this Auric Cell, but also makes it way easier to manipulate him, as poking this Auric Cell hurts him, so basically torture within the Trial.

    As a weapon, it'll be a rather large and sharp Entity Leg that's grown from his right wrist.

    It can move on its own, but of course that has no effect on the actual gameplay.

    interesting concept.

    it doesn't matter if it suck as long it get the idea across. Also at least you entered in it.

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226335#Comment_2226335

    It could also be something related to the licensing of those characters. I highly doubt the devs have any artistic freedom with licensed characters and are undoubtedly only able to design approved costumes. They might have already asked for more Cheryl/Heather costumes and been told no. We'll never know.

    Sorry,I was being rushed out the door.What, I was trying to say is Konami probably doesn't want to release so much of the great cosmetics with the characters being relatively new.

  • Hmmmm.....I honestly don't know. A part of me wants to see some interesting collabs especially since they got the Crypt TV skins. But I was thinking, maybe we can get some American Horror Story skins? I think Twisty the Clown would make an interesting legendary skin for, maybe Clown? Can't really think of anything else at the moment though.

    screen_shot_2017-07-11_at_9.24.25_am.jpeg


  • @Marik13 said:

    Hmmmm.....I honestly don't know. A part of me wants to see some interesting collabs especially since they got the Crypt TV skins. But I was thinking, maybe we can get some American Horror Story skins? I think Twisty the Clown would make an interesting legendary skin for, maybe Clown? Can't really think of anything else at the moment though.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/46B3MKI3Y0CH/screen-shot-2017-07-11-at-9-24-25-am.jpeg

    I'd never even thought of AHS themed skins!

    If I could get some Coven themed outfits for the female Survivors I would give up my paycheck readily. 😍

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226800#Comment_2226800

    I'd never even thought of AHS themed skins!

    If I could get some Coven themed outfits for the female Survivors I would give up my paycheck readily. 😍

    Yeeesss! Oooh I didn't even think about that! Having a legendary skin that turns one of the female survivors in to Zoe or Madison! I can almost picture them in the game perfectly. I was also thinking killer wise having Mr. Jingles as a skin too, probably for Clown too? One skin that I can't figure out who to give to is the Rubber Man though, not sure which killer I'm the game would fit. Maybe Trickster, instead of the bat he gets like the fire poker that he used to kill the one couple in the house or something? The throwing knives thing I think works, but not sure. All the moris would just be wrong though lol, although I could see Twisty getting away with the finger thing.

  • Shirtless Dwight or high school Dwight.

    I wanna see most of the killers maskless as well

  • A reverse Twins skin. So a giant Victor who unleashes a lil baby Charlotte.

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225951#Comment_2225951

    I agree with you! A more classic Nemesis would probably sell really well. I think in the new design it's a lack of stitches and staples that really throw me off. In the redesign he has like two stitches instead of the classic line of them... That and his teeth.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4BG7ZDNKT1KT/dead-by-daylight-resident-evil-nemesis-1269870.jpeg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/01KX2IWTV9BF/meltecs-big-mouth-clown-carnival-1-cebedfbdc2d109a3fa96c53ad8d6d9a5.jpg

    Why did they do that to his mouth? All I can think of is this arcade game when I see him. 🤣

    The nose is teh main culprit for me in regards to his face. Just looks so awkward. I think they were trying to make him seem more human but to me he just looks less creepy.

    Then there's the hilariously large shoulders and trash bags outfit.

  • Original series star trek outfits with dwight being the redshirt.

1 2 ›